Silage 2020

IMG-20200513-WA0017.jpg

heard the same ,a ram failed on a local smith super cube last maize harvest whilst tipping when she came down the 2nd bounce burst the 2 back wheels and all the windows of the tractor ,driver was in hospital for a few days
ram failed on another new Smyth yesterday, not a supercube either, apparently smyth say it's not their problem......:whistle:

Not sure other than the ram broke and the trailer slapped down, oil everywhere. It's not been a very testing year on tipping gear, there hasn't been a load of wet silage yet.
Thats shocking and unacceptable .. broughan isn't d finished article either , got very poor axles on my 3 axle

She's a case 200 with 230 pto hp on boost driving a giga 3601 , plenty hp filling d load but I'd like more hp for hauling on d roads.
Iv a case 160 driving a mega 3401 and she's performing very well also , Were comfortable enough harvesting 65-85acres a day with those machines ..

that’s good output there. Has the 160 had a spanner or is it standard? Have 160hp myself and wondering would she handle a wagon

She's a case 200 with 230 pto hp on boost driving a giga 3601 , plenty hp filling d load but I'd like more hp for hauling on d roads.
Iv a case 160 driving a mega 3401 and she's performing very well also , Were comfortable enough harvesting 65-85acres a day with those machines ..

What sort of a loader have you on the pit?

that’s good output there. Has the 160 had a spanner or is it standard? Have 160hp myself and wondering would she handle a wagon

The 6480 here flys it with the euro profi 3 wagon.

Thanks Peter

what kind of output would you get in a day with a near draw? Say under a mile

I've a nine acre field under a mile from the yard but I have to cross the main road to get to it. The mother does stand at the gate to direct me out as its a very busy road. She had to stand there today for 162 minutes as she timed me. There was nine loads in the field and it was working out at a average of 18 minutes a load depending on traffic. I was picking up 20 foot swarthed rows at an average speed of 8.5/9 km/h.
I had another draw and it was a 3 mile round trip on the main road and I was bringing in 2 loads per hour on that run. I had another draw that was taking me 50 minutes a load. If I had all the grass mowed down and a man on the pit all day I would be expecting to pick up 35 to 40 acres without any fuss.

Back