Slurry Tanker

Common in the North could never figure out why it never got. Common down here I have it in the head to do it planned to this year but too many other things to pay for.
Pull up to the gap with a tanker and it pumps it to a unbilical system in the field.
You don't need to use the arm but if you. Don't you have to get out and put in the pipe.
It's driven off a garda pump

I mind one time when we were changing fields one evening I pulled up to the pot, coupled the arm up and started pumping away.
After about 20 seconds the CB starts blaring
"WOW WOW STAAAP STAAAP!"
I ask the spreader guy what's wrong?
"I haven't the bloody pipe rolled out yet you hure!"
Yep that's been done also had the same old boy started pump up then got out to talk to farmer, pipe into top of injector blew of and it emptied the entire tank onto back if spreading tractor

Common in the North could never figure out why it never got. Common down here I have it in the head to do it planned to this year but too many other things to pay for.
Pull up to the gap with a tanker and it pumps it to a unbilical system in the field.
You don't need to use the arm but if you. Don't you have to get out and put in the pipe.
It's driven off a garda pump

I did 50+ loads last spring on my own,get out couple up then run,walk,trudge or slip to the spreading tractor,biggest bug is coupling the pipe as it kills my back humping the pipe to connect.

I did 50+ loads last spring on my own,get out couple up then run,walk,trudge or slip to the spreading tractor,biggest bug is coupling the pipe as it kills my back humping the pipe to connect.
How do you manage the back pressure down the pipe? If we ever had to take the pipe off the pot without it being blown out with the compressor there was some serious back pressure pipe could end up 25 or 30ft away from the pot.
Only had to do it twice, got absolutely covered in shit had to take a bath in a drinker with the wet suit on. Iirc it was that cold at the time I had to break a quarter inch of ice to get in.

Very tempted, quite an old ad now but stumbled across it on my phone.
How would a used forestry forwarder fair on such a job?
Rip the timber gear off and plonk a tank on.
Not the fastest on the road but can't be much worse than that?

How do you manage the back pressure down the pipe? If we ever had to take the pipe off the pot without it being blown out with the compressor there was some serious back pressure pipe could end up 25 or 30ft away from the pot.
Only had to do it twice, got absolutely covered in shit had to take a bath in a drinker with the wet suit on. Iirc it was that cold at the time I had to break a quarter inch of ice to get in.

I pump from an elbow that's about 6" off the floor (drop the pick up hitch so it empties the tank fully) and connect my gate valve on the layflat to the elbow,that's the back breaker,an umbilical pipe full and a gate valve plus couplings weighs a fair bit.

Never struggled with back pressure as I tend to always pump down hill,have pumped up hill but not on my own as I can't shut the gate valve remotely.

I pump from an elbow that's about 6" off the floor (drop the pick up hitch so it empties the tank fully) and connect my gate valve on the layflat to the elbow,that's the back breaker,an umbilical pipe full and a gate valve plus couplings weighs a fair bit.

Never struggled with back pressure as I tend to always pump down hill,have pumped up hill but not on my own as I can't shut the gate valve remotely.
Do ya not loose pressure in the pipe and twist it if you empty tanker fully? Anytime iv used it you have to leave a bit in tanker to avoid this

Buy 400 meters of hose and put a fitting off the garda pump the alternative is buy that Ford and two tanks with over the hedge booms

Was kind of my point in the first place, bu you said you ‘couldnt see the point, umbilical would be far better’

I’m guessing we operate in similar(ish) areas, fragmentation is a huge problem here, i’m suprised you didn’t see what i meant from the get-go.

Reactions: Bcl
Do ya not loose pressure in the pipe and twist it if you empty tanker fully? Anytime iv used it you have to leave a bit in tanker to avoid this

I'm turning the pump on via remote control,I just stop the pump once the pressure has gone,the tanks empty once the pressures gone,possibly because I'm pumping with a true umbilical pump?

Did let a young lad have a go a couple of years back as he was pestering to do some umbilical spreading,I said he could from the tanker as less to go wrong,yep he toffee wrapped the pipe big style.:lol::2guns:

Was kind of my point in the first place, bu you said you ‘couldnt see the point, umbilical would be far better’

I’m guessing we operate in similar(ish) areas, fragmentation is a huge problem here, i’m suprised you didn’t see what i meant from the get-go.
It was a lazy post on my part I ment a tanker driven umbilical system

Can see automated umbilical booms becoming a thing.
Sit in ferry tanker. Connect to pipe. Remotely hit go on the robot in the field from an app. Hey presto.

With super accurate gps it should be fairly simple in technology terms. Even with obsticles in the field.

#
Different story so comparing new with new, was his problem on the inlet side, having seen the mechanics of Mastecs design macerator it looks as if it should be better than the current Vogelsang offering, of course the unknown side of all this is service life and the cost of new cutting parts, vogelsang parts prices would require a person to be sitting down in a safe armchair.

€1300 i was told by mastek fella at milstreet show for 6 of the round blades and 2 yellow wear plates at thr side of the maserator

Whats the most popular low emissions system been sold on new tankers, dribble bar or trailed use? What makes do lads like and find the best?

Another older self propelled
https://www.donedeal.ie/manurespreaders-for-sale/massey-ferguson-1250/20912261

MTM5NjQxMWFmZTBmYjAwYjRlYTlkZDFlNTFjNzNkZGSzWP70zCzclzkkXPwr_4yOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTcyOTc5MTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Back