Spring Barley - General Thread

So what's it like to be a media celebrity?

Am actually thinking of going “dark” (as they say in America) for a while, it’s hard living under the media spotlight.

I’ll be down @humungus ‘s county on Monday morning, we’re doing a reseeding demo there for Diamond grass seeds.

Am actually thinking of going “dark” (as they say in America) for a while, it’s hard living under the media spotlight.

I’ll be down @humungus ‘s county on Monday morning, we’re doing a reseeding demo there for Diamond grass seeds.
i have a wig and a false moustache you can borrow if you like :yes:, are you near me or is it top secret ?

Seed is still in the bag here, after today it might be in the best place!!
Much snow with you yesterday? Looked pretty white looking out over your way. Was a bit of thunder and lightning about 4pm in your direction as well. We had a bit of snow but turned to rain before it started to stick. Tipped an inch out of the rain gauge this morning.

Nothing but hail and rain here half sowed end of last week a d haven’t got back to it since. Probably should have went out last Sunday but it’s still early..

I've only sowed spring oats up this way. Early March was extremely wet, I'd measured 3.5 inches of rain in a week. When it did dry up sunshine was limited, ground was slow to soak underneath .
I'd considered it on Sunday too, but given the lack of growth and rain since I'm glad I didn't push any. Hopefully the forecast improvement materialises !

Barley sown and rolled here. 13.6.20+S spread on the seedbed and mixed in by planter. All Planet, seed and malting crops.

Didn’t think we’d get it rolled but the forecast really can’t be trusted lately, got it rolled this afternoon. Tyre pressures down at 10psi.

389B2402-EA75-4760-AD5A-4D5CE878D9C4.jpeg

Barley sown and rolled here. 13.6.20+S spread on the seedbed and mixed in by planter. All Planet, seed and malting crops.

Didn’t think we’d get it rolled but the forecast really can’t be trusted lately, got it rolled this afternoon. Tyre pressures down at 10psi.

View attachment 64529
Your attention to detail and perfection has to be admired when it comes to growing crops but lord Jaysus that bonnet is a disgrace.... I’ve seen dairy farmers with cleaner tractors

Your attention to detail and perfection has to be admired when it comes to growing crops but lord Jaysus that bonnet is a disgrace.... I’ve seen dairy farmers with cleaner tractors

It actually looks much much worse when you see the rest of the tractor!!!
Inside is pretty clean but it’s filthy on the outside, haven’t had time to wash it over the past few weeks.

What are lads thinking as regards N once the crops emerge? All in one split or two. Put it all out at once last year and did well. If a dry time comes you could have a crop struggling.

Back