Spring beans

You wouldn’t roll here but we got 2” rain last week
I often did pre em without rolling too
Not ideal but not a disaster either

Hopefully they will take off quickly when the weather warms up next week . I find they are most vulnerable just as they peep through the ground .
Hopefully by the time they are peeping there will be plenty other crops in the ground to occupy them.

A neighbor ploughed in beans in January they are up now with about 2 weeks and looking really well.The crows never seem to go near them.
how deep did he plough? broadcast and ploughed in.
Would seem ideal way to do some years with weather etc?

how deep did he plough? broadcast and ploughed in.
Would seem ideal way to do some years with weather etc?
I don’t know what dept he went with the plough, I wasn’t talking to him lately. They were broadcast and ploughed in. It has worked out very well for him, all the mild weather we had would have been a great help.

Would spraying nirvana in this dry weather (godsend!) Be advisable or wait God forbid for rain. Ground is like pepper..

Considering the heavy dews we are getting and if you have a really finely rolled seedbed, I’d spray it. Water at 300L/Ha if possible.

Despite it being dry, weeds will start to germinate and so will the beans.

Just my opinion

Will the nirvana have any effect on stuff that's growing? Like rubbish the plough didn't bury? Didn't roundup the fields as having problems with ground being too brittle ( earth sticking to boards)

Will the nirvana have any effect on stuff that's growing? Like rubbish the plough didn't bury? Didn't roundup the fields as having problems with ground being too brittle ( earth sticking to boards)

No it won’t do much for established weeds. I’ve seen people apply glyphosate on bean fields before the beans come up.

It's very minimal I'm not going to worry about it anyway cheers lads.

Back