What are you up to in the workshop?

Anyone else have a Milwaukee drill?
Is it me or are the chucks awfull?
It's always been a hard one to open. But seased up solid half way open today. Can't for the life of me get it to budge.

It's always been a hard one to open. But seased up solid half way open today. Can't for the life of me get it to budge.
Latest one I have the chuck has gotten the habit of sticking . More so if I have a cone bit in it . . Takes a stencil to open it if using a cone bit .

Reactions: AYF
Happens here too after a while if u put grease or oil into the Chuck and wind it in and out it will soften. If it badly stuck happens to us regularly with tec head in and can't be released if u hold the drill like your going drilling and knock it square on steel post it will shock the Chuck and the bit will release. This is with a steel chuck on fpd drill. Works for us but don't come crying to me if it breaks anything:censored::sad:

Interesting project today sorry forgot to get pic but the Volvo bm loader would loose power when under load. Turned out lift pump wasn’t working and injector pump was doing all the work sucking the diesel out of tank. Very difficult to get at and don’t think can get one anyway for that engine. Added an external assister pump (£13 online) inline with lift pump and so far so good.

no but have a bosch chuck that was getting worse until it stuck open. rohm is the brand of the chuck

Happens here too after a while if u put grease or oil into the Chuck and wind it in and out it will soften. If it badly stuck happens to us regularly with tec head in and can't be released if u hold the drill like your going drilling and knock it square on steel post it will shock the Chuck and the bit will release. This is with a steel chuck on fpd drill. Works for us but don't come crying to me if it breaks anything:censored::sad:
Bin doing the same here

Google leads me to believe that off the shelf replacement chucks won't fit Milwaukee?

So. Was going to put up a bit of a fence to toddler proof the place.
Learnt not to bother with these yokes
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Gard...vlocphy=20343&hvtargid=pla-908216637272&psc=1

The spikes with a bit of box on top for the post.
The time I took to try and get the first one lined up and in the correct place was enough to dig a hole and make concrete for the post!!

Probably ok in nice stone free soil.

Plus they are very flimzy once in. No good for a windy place like here!!
I an after putting up 4' high weldmesh fencing same as security fencing only lower.
We got it in black and it looks fine.
Not as cute as wooden picket fencing but maintenance free.
Wasn't overly dear either from a crowd in northen Ireland

Interesting project today sorry forgot to get pic but the Volvo bm loader would loose power when under load. Turned out lift pump wasn’t working and injector pump was doing all the work sucking the diesel out of tank. Very difficult to get at and don’t think can get one anyway for that engine. Added an external assister pump (£13 online) inline with lift pump and so far so good.

I fitted one off a freelander onto my cherry picker,miles better now as I think due to it sitting for sometimes weeks the diesel ran back into the tank.

I an after putting up 4' high weldmesh fencing same as security fencing only lower.
We got it in black and it looks fine.
Not as cute as wooden picket fencing but maintenance free.
Wasn't overly dear either from a crowd in northen Ireland

Have u got any pics of it or links please? I need to put up a fence to keep in my child and thought about buying sheets of weld mesh an making a fence with box iron and setting it in concrete

I'm putting a new floor and sides into the jf muckspreader. I've the shaft underneath freed up and turning but I can't get the floor chains to engage. Should the rachet in the picture be pushed in to engage the chains?

View attachment 63837 View attachment 63837 View attachment 63838 View attachment 63837 View attachment 63837 View attachment 63838

i think the top ratchet should be pushing the cog around until it comes to the end of its stroke and then it glides back over the cog and starts again, the ratchet on the right hand side under the long spring stops the cog from slipping back as the top ratchet is going back if you know what i mean,

I got it finished after. The mother cresoted the sides and floor and done a bit of painting but didn't finish the chassis. I got a set of chains in Young's in portarlington so she's good for another fifty years now. :Thumbp2:
IMG_20190516_113210.jpg IMG_20190516_113220.jpg

I got it finished after. The mother cresoted the sides and floor and done a bit of painting but didn't finish the chassis. I got a set of chains in Young's in portarlington so she's good for another fifty years now. :Thumbp2:
View attachment 65910 View attachment 65911

Well done Peter.
What sort of coin were the chains ?
I remember my father giving Pratts over £200 the guts of 40 years ago for a Krone version of yours .

Made this up this morning to carry with a certain machine. Virtual mars bar for the correct answer as to what it’s used for .

Attachments

• DCA4912E-FD85-4A08-AF8E-DEB8073E9741.jpeg
    DCA4912E-FD85-4A08-AF8E-DEB8073E9741.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 162
B00817DB-6909-490D-8DA3-8A5A106E1A75.jpeg Is there any crowd in ireland doing a supply only of steel for railings? Garden railing would do d job im only after a small amount to fence in a child. My only other idea was to make a fence with box and weld mesh. Im planning on setting it in concrete so post and rail is a non runner

Back