What are you up to in the workshop?

@johndeere6920s I was always told a fire is a very lucky thing to have on a farm. I cant say this is true or not but was said to me when a shed of hay went in smoke here after a lad had been seen in close proximity:rolleyes2::no:

Had a track machine go on fire about 10yrs ago when I was driving it. Was about 100m from water and the yard. By God when your in a rush to find a bucket, an eternity can pass. Thankfully saved the machine

Just out of interest, do any of you have the contents of sheds insured. Must get them insured here. Often thought of listing things, both from a theft standpoint, and from reading the last number of posts regarding fire, a damage/loss standpoint.

Can't say I've seen that type before, 'o' ring is on the male then??
Yep. Daft setup. You push the colar inward to relrase.
The 3rd service valve and suspension are all in the tube. So release the quick hitches and it slides out.
The rubber thats lost keeps the collar out.
Already had problems with the females coming loose. And we don't use the suspension any more becsuse thry used an alloy block to thread the accumulator onto, it warps with heat and leaks.....
Drawing board designers!

I was always told a fire is a very lucky thing to have on a farm.

A fire was the making of many Men....:laugh: An Uncle (RIP) of Mrs DB used tell a story of a Man who "never looked back" after He had a fire. The Man in question went on to be a Very high profile politican, mind you they were on opposite sides of the divide....:laugh:

It could be worse, I changed a full set the old fashioned way, I done about five every night as my back couldn't take any more
Dont worry, have been doing them on and off old way past twenty years. Gun only recent purchase. More torque than air gun, air never tightened them enough

Dont worry, have been doing them on and off old way past twenty years. Gun only recent purchase. More torque than air gun, air never tightened them enough

It was a used rotavator I bought and I put a full new set on and they should last me a good few years. A set probably only lasts you a season

I'm at the same thing these evenings too, only way to get motivated to do it!
Often changed 120 spikes on the 10 foot agrator roto spikes when windy guns were a rare item . Some years we would turn it upside down on a trailer and bring it down to a tyre place .

It was a used rotavator I bought and I put a full new set on and they should last me a good few years. A set probably only lasts you a season
Depending on the ground they will last about a week.

What size Milwaukee is that, have a Maschio G rotovator here but the Milwaukee 1/2" high torque won't fit between the rows, use a Mighty Seven air gun but its also a tight squeeze

havnt exact code on me but its the mid torque gun. 300nm. Have the high torque and wont fit in either. M18FMTIWF is the code off gun

@johndeere6920s
Sorry to hear about this, it could be worse in many ways, it’s not the worst time of the year for it to happen either, there’s a lesson in it for us all.
You may start a thread about building a new workshop. Best of luck in getting things sorted out.

How much was the sheet of steel if you don't mind me asking. I priced a 10x5 by 15mm recently and got quoted 705 euro plus vat or 867.15 incl vat. I did a bit of searching and ended up buying it from a company in England that has a depot in NI for about 400 euro incl vat

85€ for 8x4 3mm

If you put something under it to strengthen it, it might be inclined to gather grass and dung and rot quicker

Would angle iron welded in with v sloping down catch much? Even if there was a run of silicon put between welds if its not welded d full length

thats a good idea . Ye im going to fill in between the gaps of weld after painting . Il use clear tec 7

Seat suspension collapsed in the TM last summer so bought a lesser spec seat in a hurry to stay going ( it should be going into an older tractor as soon as the TM one gets a new suspension) so ordered a Sears TM suspension from Thomas Scott seating...https://www.drivers-seats.com/product/sears-air-suspension/ .. decided to get it together yesterday, first surprise, no fixings on the base to bolt to the TM cab floor so made a template to ensure correct spacing and cut the fixings off the scrap base and welded them to the new one( this meant stripping the banjo and making sure no wiring or air pipes were going to get melted), anyhow got the 4 fixings welded on and happy with the location so refitted the banjo and proceeded to put the seat back onto the base to discover the banjo was interfering with the seat rails and it couldn't slide, strip the banjo again and exchange it for the banjo from the knackered suspension and now it slides freely, , a check on serial numbers shows they are 2 different bases..IMG_20200422_131314.jpg IMG_20200422_131302.jpgStill have to get the replacement out and the rebuilt one back in, a 2 man job through the back window as they are heavy awkward yokes.

Where online would i get full set of blades both cranked and straight for my major 8ft trailer topper ? Major want 345€ for them .

also should the 2nd shaft have over run and shear bolt ? And the first shaft be a normal shaft?

Second shaft should have a shear bolt . First shaft should be wide angle on the tractor side . Was an optional extra to have the first shaft a wide angle . One here you couldn’t turn right without it knocking so wide angle was got .
Where online would i get full set of blades both cranked and straight for my major 8ft trailer topper ? Major want 345€ for them .

also should the 2nd shaft have over run and shear bolt ? And the first shaft be a normal shaft?

https://mdagrispares.com/product-ca...s/topper-blades/major-grasscare-topper-blade/

These have blades just need to measure them up to see what matches I guess

wonder what straight blades id need id say the short ones . I can measure the cranked ones on mine to match there ones .

Second shaft should have a shear bolt . First shaft should be wide angle on the tractor side . Was an optional extra to have the first shaft a wide angle . One here you couldn’t turn right without it knocking so wide angle was got .

I must check my one and see what the second shaft is on mine but the one the tractor end is an overrun and other end is shearbolt . I’m going to get a wide angle one . I was wondering do i need to get overrun on either shaft .

Back