Winter Wheat 2018

This is actually pleasing in ways, gives me more confidence to reduce rates and play around with alternatives to Chemicals with the fear of accelerating resistance
The results of those trials from the pic above would be interesting so see what kind of control did the T zero and the reduced rates give of the disease overall aside from the fact that they did not increase resistance

Just looked at the wheat this afternoon.
Pic 1 is the vigorous Cellule, Pic 2 is an older very well known variety.

Septoria easily enough found on the older variety (Pic 3) despite being November sown. Very hard to find anything on the Cellule (Pic 4).
I know good looks don't boil the pot but it's certainly not a bad start.

IMG_0890.jpg Pic 1.
IMG_0891.jpg Pic 2.IMG_0892.jpg Pic 3.IMG_0893.jpg Pic 4.

Just looked at the wheat this afternoon.
Pic 1 is the vigorous Cellule, Pic 2 is an older very well known variety.

Septoria easily enough found on the older variety (Pic 3) despite being November sown. Very hard to find anything on the Cellule (Pic 4).
I know good looks don't boil the pot but it's certainly not a bad start.

View attachment 50844 Pic 1.
View attachment 50845 Pic 2.View attachment 50846 Pic 3.View attachment 50847 Pic 4.
Interesting to see how this develops during the season. The older variety in pic 2 looks very thin. Did you conduct any (boring as they might be) plant counts?

Interesting to see how this develops during the season. The older variety in pic 2 looks very thin. Did you conduct any (boring as they might be) plant counts?

To be honest, I didn't. I'll do some tomorrow and come back to you. I know our commercial Cellule has approx. 300 plants/m2 off memory.

How's all. i just have a query about potash application. Would K applied at gs32 have enough time to become active in the soil and absorbed by the plant

How's all. i just have a query about potash application. Would K applied at gs32 have enough time to become active in the soil and absorbed by the plant

Plenty of time to get used once it get washed in quick enough. If you were at Index 1 I’d rather have it thrown out sooner though.

Plenty of time to get used once it get washed in quick enough. If you were at Index 1 I’d rather have it thrown out sooner though.
Would you not be a bit late as GS32 may be late April and in rapid growth by that growth stage and peak demand would be the week or so leading up to it and weeks after it?

Would you not be a bit late as GS32 may be late April and in rapid growth by that growth stage and peak demand would be the week or so leading up to it and weeks after it?

I guess it depends on soil levels. If it’s at Index 3 or 4 then I’d view it as an application for crop offtake, I.e. next year?

Thinking Npk compound for the first split followed by another Nk compound in the second split around gs 31 but i have a situation where it would suit to put NK out in the third split on WB at gs 32. its index 1.

Back