Winter Wheat 2018

Thinking Npk compound for the first split followed by another Nk compound in the second split around gs 31 but i have a situation where it would suit to put NK out in the third split on WB at gs 32. its index 1.

Yeah, it would be too late in my mind for Index 1. You could easily hit 3 dry weeks at that time of the year....

Whereabouts in the country are you? If down south, id happily go out in late Feb with my first NPK mix if soil conditions allow. Id be doing that regardless of soil indices.

Thinking Npk compound for the first split followed by another Nk compound in the second split around gs 31 but i have a situation where it would suit to put NK out in the third split on WB at gs 32. its index 1.
NK compounds are usually very expensive versus N and Potash, my plan this year is 10-10-20 as it's the cheapest form of P available by a long way versus any other compound I priced, straight MOP then to make up the K shortfall and N from then on. If ground was good in a few weeks I'd put the K out then before the compound

I'll have a look tomorrow. I was nearly afraid to go looking at my own today. Few trenches here and there but overall ok. Where I've the oats might be another matter. Some of it's on a hilly enough spot :unsure:.
Had a quick look today Garry. I couldn't see any trenches in it and the wheat looks to be doing well.

Know I’m in the wrong thread, but any thoughts on Avonmore spring wheat? Some seed about?

No, we decided to back off from Avonmore following last harvest. It had been doing well but it’s yield slipped a lot in 2017. It picked up a good bit of Yellow Rust so I knocked it on the head. Pity as it had looked well.

That said, we should have one if not two new and better spring wheat varieties for next spring - Chilham & Talisker.

Our Cellule here. Looking a lot smaller than Hardy’s but only sown around the 3rd November off memory.
Just at early tillering.
Clean and healthy looking though and after putting up really well with the weather on this high open ground.

B0EE3593-24E5-46C1-9AE2-FAD1E55D373A.jpeg

Would people set winter wheat up to end of the month or stuff it and go spring wheat?

Back