Deutz Tractors

I think they are coming into their own again, the agrotron styling has never really appealed to me. Returning to their glory days again perhaps?

Let down for years by poor dealer network.

How are they pricewise versus the likes of MF, JD and Claas?

Think the well established dealers are going ok, Hegarty's have a few 6 series sold as far as I know. Maybe I'm biased but I think them a good solid reliable tractor, and always have been apart from a blip with the Mk1 Agrotrons. SDF didn't do themselves any favours taking the agency away from IAM and it has taken them a long time to recover

They should be selling better, ive said it before they are under rated, they dont have the dealer network of other brands and seem to only popular in certain areas, they are good value secondhand too, double edged sword could be why people are not buying them new.

I think they are coming into their own again, the agrotron styling has never really appealed to me. Returning to their glory days again perhaps?

Let down for years by poor dealer network.

How are they pricewise versus the likes of MF, JD and Claas?

Snap!

Being a Fendt man myself, i have always said it to my own friends and to others, Deutz is a brand to watch!! nice few around my area here, new 6160 only 4 miles from me, customer loves it, i do use an agrotron 150 ploughing and sowing, and i love working it, now the newer ones have come on in leaps and bounds! ive driven the new 7250! and i have to say out of all the 200 hp plus tractors ive driven its the closest thing to a fendt thats there at the min!!

Have the newest ones gotten rid of the ridiculous bloody sequences to unlock the 3pt or start the pto, or just the annoying buzzer that constantly tells you your doing it wrong even though your doing exactly what you should..... To be honest having driven both a mk3agrotron and an m620 i think they actually went backwards from a driver point of view, just to much messing... I mean this idea of unlock the pedals turn on the key while standing on one and flash the lights to get to change the clock??? Seriously?? What's wrong with 2 neat buttons on the dash... Also found the 620 unbelievably gutless, just no reserve in it at all

Oh and then to add to the gutlessness when you do stall it with a harrow and you will the bloody thing doesn't even start back up in4wd drive like every other tractor would if it was selected......

Think the well established dealers are going ok, Hegarty's have a few 6 series sold as far as I know. Maybe I'm biased but I think them a good solid reliable tractor, and always have been apart from a blip with the Mk1 Agrotrons. SDF didn't do themselves any favours taking the agency away from IAM and it has taken them a long time to recover
id rate them to be a very good tractor, and as others have said, they just didnt/dont have the right dealer network.
which wasnt helped by some suits 2 odd years ago travelling the whole of ireland telling lads that might of sold a half a dozen tractors in a year that they had to put in an order for so many tractors in the year ( which was a decent enough number ) or else they would pull out.
i know of two dealers who showed them the door, there wasnt much else they could do.

Local contractor has just swapped 3 Deutz in for newhollands,he'd only had them 18months.
did he say why?

the new DNA.....

Attachments

• IMAG1376.jpg
    IMAG1376.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG1377.jpg
    IMAG1377.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG1380.jpg
    IMAG1380.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG1381.jpg
    IMAG1381.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 152
id rate them to be a very good tractor, and as others have said, they just didnt/dont have the right dealer network.
which wasnt helped by some suits 2 odd years ago travelling the whole of ireland telling lads that might of sold a half a dozen tractors in a year that they had to put in an order for so many tractors in the year ( which was a decent enough number ) or else they would pull out.
i know of two dealers who showed them the door, there wasnt much else they could do.

did he say why?

the new DNA.....

Jesus there fair copying the Deere styling with the lights in the bonnet and the angle of it....

I've driven the neighbours M620 a bit, and I think overall it's an excellent machine. The 2 major gripes I have with it is, as drew mentioned, the 3pt linkage controls which are a bit stupid really with this locking and un-locking, and then sometimes it won't react at all.
The other is the speed matching of the splitter when changing gears with the lever, basically it does not match at all. Sometimes it would nearly snd you through the windscreen if you were not careful.
Aside from this, they seem to be a good tractor:thumbup:

Yea, hurlimann are in the same bracket I think.

From what I'm told they aren't going to import any Lamborghini or Hurlimann over about 120hp into this country anymore, going to concentrate on the Deutz and Same. Makes sense, you'd wonder at the logic of marketing 4 different brands when the main selling point is supposedly they're all the same under the bonnet.

I've driven the neighbours M620 a bit, and I think overall it's an excellent machine. The 2 major gripes I have with it is, as drew mentioned, the 3pt linkage controls which are a bit stupid really with this locking and un-locking, and then sometimes it won't react at all.
The other is the speed matching of the splitter when changing gears with the lever, basically it does not match at all. Sometimes it would nearly snd you through the windscreen if you were not careful.

Can't comment on either as the newest one here is a 150, the 3pt locking is straightforward enough on it when you get used to it you just flick the switch into neutral for 3 seconds. It locks if you go over 12mph, it's a safety feature that can be switched off. Am kinda in the market for an M620 at the minute and anyone I've spoken to who has them thinks well of them.

Oh god i forgot about the bloody speed matching cock up... Yep have nearly ended up wrapped around the steering wheel with it...

Can't comment on either as the newest one here is a 150, the 3pt locking is straightforward enough on it when you get used to it you just flick the switch into neutral for 3 seconds. It locks if you go over 12mph, it's a safety feature that can be switched off. Am kinda in the market for an M620 at the minute and anyone I've spoken to who has them thinks well of them.

The older switch was actually better, apparently tho the thing to do if it bothers you is to get dealer to plug her in and change the lock speed to 55kph, then it wont cut in as the electric throttle refuses to let it past 54....

Oh and another strange thing that was found with the m620 I've driven was stick the plough on it it'll hold it up all night if you wanted to.... Wheras hook up to the baler and it'll drop them on the shaft???

It is a pity as they do have great potential i just find them very annoying to drive with all the pointless bloody stuff, i mean ya cant even do a hill start with the hand brake without the stupidly annoyin buzzer....

Never used the handbrake for a hill start in a tractor in my life, and anyway I know a few lads who could do with a buzzer to tell them the handbrake is on........ :whistle:

From what I'm told they aren't going to import any Lamborghini or Hurlimann over about 120hp into this country anymore, going to concentrate on the Deutz and Same. Makes sense, you'd wonder at the logic of marketing 4 different brands when the main selling point is supposedly they're all the same under the bonnet.

Was speaking to some one in the know at Agritechnica and he said Lambo and Hurlimann are going off the Irish market altogether.

Never used the handbrake for a hill start in a tractor in my life, and anyway I know a few lads who could do with a buzzer to tell them the handbrake is on........ :whistle:

Its a rear occurrence but i seem to have managed it in it,

Like i said they have great potential but I've driven a lot of makes and it's the only one that i actually think oh not this yoke again.... Maybe it's just me tho

Was speaking to some one in the know at Agritechnica and he said Lambo and Hurlimann are going off the Irish market altogether.

Has Agriquip closed then as it has also lost the Gregoire Besson agency to IAM?

How are the new ones on the juice? Relation has a 610 and not overly impressed with it on that score.

Back