Deutz Tractors

Has Agriquip closed then as it has also lost the Gregoire Besson agency to IAM?

How are the new ones on the juice? Relation has a 610 and not overly impressed with it on that score.

Agriquip lost the GB agency about 2 years ago, it has been in limbo until IAM took it on. The dedicated Agriquip yard in Kilkenny is long gone, everything was done out of Murphy's. There are a couple of tractors in Murphy's yard in Kilkenny and there might still be one in Littleton but they would be old stock.

New ones are AdBlue and seem to be going well according to reports. The M610 seems to have a reputation as being a bit heavy on juice and a bit underpowered alright, is it a 50k?

New ones are AdBlue and seem to be going well according to reports. The M610 seems to have a reputation as being a bit heavy on juice and a bit underpowered alright, is it a 50k?

I'm pretty sure it is a 40km version but would have to ask.

I note SDF have been pushing Same a lot in the IFJ.

Oh god i forgot about the bloody speed matching cock up... Yep have nearly ended up wrapped around the steering wheel with it...
i never drove anything newer than an agrotron so i dont know.
but that dosent sound great, i must see if i can come across a spin in one sometime to see.
that's a bit disappointing.

drove an iron 200 for a while and i thought she was the dogs boll-ox comfy as fcuk . and ted can confirm a well known spud man in meath has a 165.7 hurlimann and she is another force to be reckoned with i don't know what sdf are doing but they know how to put power to the ground. i had a look in a new deutz and shore well ya might as well be getting into a space shuttle there's that many buttons id love one.

I haven't seen any new ones around here, who was running the event ?

The local dealer Jim Power in Tallow and SDF it was held at Cork Marts Corrin
I wasn't there that long about 8\9 tractors at it.
Some of the tractors now have day running lights like the cars.

Has Agriquip closed then as it has also lost the Gregoire Besson agency to IAM?

How are the new ones on the juice? Relation has a 610 and not overly impressed with it on that score.

Agriquip didn't loose it to IAM there was another company appointed the agent after agriquip and the Gregoire Besson equipment was on their price list for a short period of time and then IAM got it.

Last edited:
I have a M420 since the spring, I only have 450hrs up on it, and I wouldn't be overly impressed. It is giving it's fair share of grief and problems are slow to be sorted. I hate the lift switch, stupid lock, manual only works if it is stood still and automatic fails to work 3/4 times out of 100, which destroys the ins and outs when ploughing.
The visibility is unbelievable, comfort is excellent, massive lift capacity, great room in the cab and for a heavy high hp 4cyl for a loader it would take some beating.
But at the moment, I would sooner see the Deutz replaced with a MF 6616 than replace either the 6490 or the 4345 with a deutz.

What problems are you having gone?

Is it a profi line as the lift control in the profi line tractors is fine compared to the other switch.

id rate them to be a very good tractor, and as others have said, they just didnt/dont have the right dealer network.
which wasnt helped by some suits 2 odd years ago travelling the whole of ireland telling lads that might of sold a half a dozen tractors in a year that they had to put in an order for so many tractors in the year ( which was a decent enough number ) or else they would pull out.
i know of two dealers who showed them the door, there wasnt much else they could do.

did he say why?

the new DNA.....

For what reason?

I will find out,lad saw them going on a wagon the other day.

Is it a profi line as the lift control in the profi line tractors is fine compared to the other switch.

What models are you running now KJL?

Oh and then to add to the gutlessness when you do stall it with a harrow and you will the bloody thing doesn't even start back up in4wd drive like every other tractor would if it was selected......

I think that 4wd problem is a simple software issue which your dealer can fix but I agree it's a right pain in the balls.

From a drivers perspective I think Fritz really have taken a step backwards. The linkage controls are plain stupid and the new shorter gear lever has an angled gate which takes a bit of getting used to and then to top it all of any load below 1500rpm and it'll stall :(
The mark 3's were Deutz's best tractor. Nice a simple, oddles of power and very few problems

What models are you running now KJL?

I think that 4wd problem is a simple software issue which your dealer can fix but I agree it's a right pain in the balls.

From a drivers perspective I think Fritz really have taken a step backwards. The linkage controls are plain stupid and the new shorter gear lever has an angled gate which takes a bit of getting used to and then to top it all of any load below 1500rpm and it'll stall :(
The mark 3's were Deutz's best tractor. Nice a simple, oddles of power and very few problems

Thankfully it's not out tractor!! Only one i drive a bit! Didn't really mind the angled gate to be honest! One feature i really do like is the position of the flick switch for the 4 power shifts! But would agree it would be hard beat the mk3's really when your talking deutz.....

Thankfully it's not out tractor!! Only one i drive a bit! Didn't really mind the angled gate to be honest! One feature i really do like is the position of the flick switch for the 4 power shifts! But would agree it would be hard beat the mk3's really when your talking deutz.....

BTW the way if you think the 620 is gutless you should try the 420!
I still think they're a fine tractor but it seems Deutz took a step backwards. It'll be interesting to see how the new ad blue models are performing

BTW the way if you think the 620 is gutless you should try the 420!
I still think they're a fine tractor but it seems Deutz took a step backwards. It'll be interesting to see how the new ad blue models are performing

It'll be interesting to see alright, most seem to reckon the add blue engines are opened up a bit more, (and thats across brands) so hopefully it'll get ri of the gutlessness,

Cant say I've ever been near a 420 and not likely to be id say(hope), drove a k100 a few times, plain simple yoke but but wasnt mad on it.... Felt cramped in the cab

Maybe I should stick to my 150 by the sounds of it!

They're still a good tractor and a lot depends on the work your doing with it. I drive them for a neighbour at silage time and for trailer work you can't just leave them slogging away in any gear like the older ones.
Neighbour has one of the 620's on front and back mowers and is more than happy with the performance at that job.

It's not a profi line, but it is the switch that's integrated into the armrest, I drove a demo 6160 profi line and it seemed to be the same switch, the same locking and unlocking anyway, and it seemed to work the exact same as mine.
I don't really want this to turn into a slagging match and hopefully most will be sorted.
The ECU went, the spoolvalves deadheading the pump stalls the tractor, (I have had to convert the Knight sprayer to beyond so that the Deutz would stall less, a JD and a MF worked years each without stalling on the Knight), the shuttle will stall the tractor even in the lowest power shift in 3rd, the fuel tank won't last 8hrs heavy work, brakes are sh*te, you can't open the toolbox, and 3/4 time out of a 100 the lift switch fails to work.

The hitch locking is annoying, on profi lines here once it's unlocked it stays unlocked, maybe dealer and laptop can change things? I know I have had a few things changed by dealer. Got the speed matching switched off on an m series we got in March and it's better to drive.

Running a trailed amazone on a deutz and leave the spool in the whole time for steering and boom height etc and don't have any prob with dead heading or power sap. Has dealer any ideas?

Hello Ted. Have some .7s and had a new m series in March. 1000hrs on it and happy enough so far. I mostly drive one of the .7s and would prefer it to the m series. Guy that drives the new one loves it. Was on jd before coming to us and loved them. He got the tractor with 6 hrs on it and I thought he would not like it but loves it. Know what you are saying about low down power, some change from the .7s. Still have an old air cooled one on diet feeder which will never be sold!

Drove 2 of the new ttv and thought they were a v nice tractor.

what model do you run on the sprayer?
The pump problem is annoying, had the service manager over from England. (nice enough bloke) but this only suggestion was to run the sprayer on power beyond and even now with that done the hydraulics whine while working the sprayer, but at least it is not stalling 10/15 times each tankful now.

what model do you run on the sprayer?
The pump problem is annoying, had the service manager over from England. (nice enough bloke) but this only suggestion was to run the sprayer on power beyond and even now with that done the hydraulics whine while working the sprayer, but at least it is not stalling 10/15 times each tankful now.

Did you try fitting a 3/4" return hose on the sprayer?

It's on a 150.7, should be the same pump? Could be wrong though. Sounds like something wrong though as a lot of the time you would forget to take the spool out when you go on the road as you would not know it was pumping. In work there is no whine when the sprayer steers or alters the boom.

Have a drill with a hydraulic fan on a different deutz and don't have any problems with that either.

Sorry I know it's not much help to you.

The pump on the 150.6 would whine a bit at times too on the sprayer. It's not as bad plugged into the free flow return, I thought of fitting a 3/4" return to the sprayer but it would be on a JD as much as the Deutz and it would have to be changed every time.

The Knight came with a 3/4" return which is always pumped into a free return, so not that but we were thinking along the same lines, I was asking if it was returned to the spool would it help but told no. I was fit to try anything, but it is now passible running it on power beyond. The JD or MF I would have often forgotten to turn off the spool when on the road as you wouldn't notice. This problem can even be noticed when you raise or lower the front links or work the push out hitch. :confused:

Something seriously wrong by the sounds of it. That would drive me nuts spraying like that! They need to look after you, especially as you are running other makes too. Can a bigger pump be fitted?

She is going in to go on the dyno this week, the new ECU is iffy and to see if we can get the shuttle sorted, so hopefully that will sort a few things. Kehoe's were worried I would go all green but I think they are now working to get me all red again, neither of which will happen for a long time, but I will take a 6616 demo when ever they offer.

Back