Deutz Tractors

whatever way you do it on HP or personal loan it's better to keep it to at least 5 yrs or more and to hell with the 0% money, interest is fully deductible. and stuff the lease idea, sure you'll never own it and if you go to trade it's back to 8 yrs writedown on what you get allowed.

Oh I'd agree with you, the longer the term the better, unless you're the kind of lad who likes the new tractor smell every 3 years.

whatever way you do it on HP or personal loan it's better to keep it to at least 5 yrs or more and to hell with the 0% money, interest is fully deductible. and stuff the lease idea, sure you'll never own it and if you go to trade it's back to 8 yrs writedown on what you get allowed.

Its a bit like PCP for tractors

I was looking at a 2006 150.7 deutz with 7200hrs cab was in good condition all seems to be working tyres are about 80% paint also good I'm supposed to go and look at it again tomorrow it's a tractor I know absolutely nothing about is there anything I should be looking for anything I should be aware of good bad points any info greatly appreciated thanks .dealer looking around 23 24grand .

I was looking at a 2006 150.7 deutz with 7200hrs cab was in good condition all seems to be working tyres are about 80% paint also good I'm supposed to go and look at it again tomorrow it's a tractor I know absolutely nothing about is there anything I should be looking for anything I should be aware of good bad points any info greatly appreciated thanks .dealer looking around 23 24grand .

Nothing really to look out for. They are good tractors, with plenty of power. You could easily turn it up to 200hp without any issues, it's the same engine that was in the Fendt 930. Air suspension on the cab is pretty desirable.

This one also has air kit and armrests controls don't know if all come with them any idea what they are like on diesel compared to newholland tm155 or similar.

would you know the history of the tractor,?
oil change and greasing is hugely important, make sure the shaft coming out from the gearbox to front axle was or is well greased,
the cross shaft behind on the lift arms must be well greased or else it,l wear excessivly check for play there,
make sure 4 wheel drive and differential lock is in perfect working order!
check the studs on the hitch that none are sheared,
ask him is the air con working chances are its not!

all these 'small' little problems can cost big money after

This one also has air kit and armrests controls don't know if all come with them any idea what they are like on diesel compared to newholland tm155 or similar.

I guessing it is a profiline so like this ?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426423412.771619.jpg

Check the air con. Turn it on till 4 and see if you can hear the fans grinding. We had to change the fans on the 165.7 at 6500 hours. Big enough job I am told. Also check can you change the pto gears with the tractor running. If your pto brake is working you should be able but if they grind your pto brake is gone.
One annoying thing about the profiline is that the electric spools leak back. We are told it's a problem with them all. We had the same issues with two deutz. So have to lock the valve on the mower so the mower doesn't slowly drop when transporting. More annoying with the likes of the fertiliser spreader as the small ram leaks back quicker and it keeps opening by itself.
Also check if the handbrake sticks. Not sure if they came with greaseniples on the handbrake shaft. We had to put them on one of the deutz as it never used to release fully.
Just check everything is greased well after that. Any excess wear in the hitch or lift arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note about checking air-con, you need to turn it to fully cold and lift the bonnett, the compressor should clutch on and off as it reaches fully cold, if it doesn't then its got a problem and an Agrotron is not a nice place to be without properly working air con, (unless your name is [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION]);)

Just a note about checking air-con, you need to turn it to fully cold and lift the bonnett, the compressor should clutch on and off as it reaches fully cold, if it doesn't then its got a problem and an Agrotron is not a nice place to be without properly working air con, (unless your name is [MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION]);)

Sure aren't there plenty of windows to open :thumbup:
The air-con isn't an expensive job to fix, the 2 fans are around €200 from memory, but the whole cab has to come out to get at them so it's a slow job and often isn't done as a result. There are a few minor issues that have been mentioned but all-in-all a good reliable tractor.

Don't think it's profiline just has small nudgen lever link arm control throttle control does it ever give trouble?.

Is that sterling or euro/vat on not?
Doesn't sound dear in any case.
The armrest controls are almost standard and never gave me any trouble anyway.I have a 150.6 and I count it very light on diesel.
The lads have covered a lot of the common problems already.
Id say verifying the hours would be good for peace of mind.
Is there warranty?

Sterling would love it to be Euro at the minute price is plus vat he says going to give warranty don't know yet how much.

Personally I think it is too much coin at £23k with those hours. Used tractor prices are dropping in the UK due to the strength of the Euro and dealers carrying large amount of stock

I'm looking an operators manual for a M625, does anyone know where or if they are available to download or anyone willing to scan bits of it and email it?

Thanks guys.

She's a fierce original looking aul bus alright. You'd wonder at it going all the way from Kilkenny to Meath in 1979 though, when IAM were based in Clondalkin at the time.

If she was 79, shouldn't she have the earlier cab?

id perfer the 6.30 looks mint, they wer a great tractor apart from gearbox issues, misers on diesel, 40k box back in the 80,s she was a bullet she,d leave the rest standing, spent alot of happy days in one

79 should be about right for that cab.

Cab looks right to me but it's the first one I've seen with an extended air intake, later 6.50's had the tall air intake. 6.30 would be my choice with the bigger engine.

Cab looks right to me but it's the first one I've seen with an extended air intake, later 6.50's had the tall air intake. 6.30 would be my choice with the bigger engine.

There was a new 160 bought here in 1980. It had that extended air intake too. The 110 and 140 must have had it too? The 160 that was here popped up on done deal a few weeks back. Has been reconditioned.

The 6.30 would be a great buy if it doesn't have any problems.

Back