Deutz Tractors

deutz 135

:thumbup2:looking at 04 deutz agrotron 135 mark 2 4000hrs
just wondering what there are like as I have no experience of them
all answers appreciated

Are the hours genuine?
Do you know the history?
I never had that specific model but in general the mark 2 were good all round afaik

Mark 2 had very few changes from mk1, F/R shuttle was standard after about '98, before that was pre select, poor air con on mk 1 and mk2 , much improved on mk 3, simplest way to tell between mk 2 and mk 3 is the position of the key, steering colm on 2's and right hand B pillar on 3's. Drive it in all gears and all powershift steps, run the PTO and see does it stay running for 10 minutes or so as they can give trouble with the pto solenoids, then make sure when you turn off the pto the shaft stops, if it doesn't it's got problems, check the air con works, if it's working properly the compressor should clutch on and off every minute or so and the air coming from the vents should feel cold, they are a glasshouse to sit in without air con, other than that check the electrics all work, all idiot lights on the dash come on momentarily with the key and go out as nesscesary, no handbrake as such on a mk 2, its foot operated, make sure it works properly, electric lift should be checked for proper function, air seat needs to be right or it'll cost to sort it,4000 sounds small hours for the year but if it's genuine and with no faults they are a good workhorse.

If it's '04 it should be a Mk3, they replaced the Mk2's in '01. Mk3's had a lot of the glitches of previous versions ironed out, were fairly bomb-proof at that stage.

Was the fuse box on the mark 2 not by the back window and could let water in on them if rain came in through an open back window. Later ones were better sealed. Was told you could cut a plastic container to fit over the fuses to keep it better protected.

Was the fuse box on the mark 2 not by the back window and could let water in on them if rain came in through an open back window. Later ones were better sealed. Was told you could cut a plastic container to fit over the fuses to keep it better protected.

:no:

Put 2 fuse boards in a 108. Lesson learned, if it's raining the back window stays closed.

Fusebox is still inside the back window on the new ones :thumbdown:

Yea fuse board had not being moved. Still there. They say that's the reason they won't put in opening side windows. Just keep back window shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea fuse board had not being moved. Still there. They say that's the reason they won't put in opening side windows. Just keep back window shut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Same Rubin which has the same cab has opening side windows. I remember a neighbour swapping the windows over to a Deutz when he was trading it in.

I think the fuseboards can be troublesome without getting wet.
I would be meticulous about keeping the back window but i replaced a fuseboard a few years ago and had a problem last year that might have been fuseboard related so the good mechanic i had out traced and repaired the fault in the original board,refitted it and no problems since.
Fuseboards are one of the weakest points on theese imo.
exhausts dont last forever either

Just recall it was one of the things an SDF man told me when an Agrotron was a possible contender when my brother bought the tvt.

Is it not painted to within an inch of its life though?
Not that thats necessarily a bad thing or anything but an average yoke can be transformed into a 'minter' very easily..

I know where you are going but it's rare to see a Deutz of that vintage in good order to be honest without the mudguards half hanging off or no doors or a rusty bonnet.

Back in their day these were a real contractor machine (certainly around here anyway) and were worked to with in two inches of death and possibly beyond.

There was/is a similar one down near you in a dealers yard but a 2wd and that was around 10k if I remember rightly.

Thats some price for a 1978 tractor.Was it that much when new?

Having said that its painted but seems to be well done,a proper job as distinct from a blow over.
13500 hrs is high though i believe they are well fit for high hours.
There was an article in classsic tractor this month about a fella selling classics for work in dickey up sound condition.
Theory is with the price of new ones and their complications some farmers are willing to pay well for a capable older tractor.
Id see some merit in it too particularly if the tractor isnt doing huge hours.

The man who buys that deutz wouldnt want to put up big annual hours or the clock will bust in a few years!
I presume its meant to be a working tractor rather than a showpiece

Thats some price for a 1978 tractor.Was it that much when new?

Having said that its painted but seems to be well done,a proper job as distinct from a blow over.
13500 hrs is high though i believe they are well fit for high hours.
There was an article in classsic tractor this month about a fella selling classics for work in dickey up sound condition.
Theory is with the price of new ones and their complications some farmers are willing to pay well for a capable older tractor.
Id see some merit in it too particularly if the tractor isnt doing huge hours.

The man who buys that deutz wouldnt want to put up big annual hours or the clock will bust in a few years!
I presume its meant to be a working tractor rather than a showpiece
There is no way you could pay much attention to the hrs displayed on a 37 year old tractor. It could be 13500 ,23500 or 33500 or anything in between. Nice looking tractor though. I find these old dears are lovely to look at but when put to work start peeing oil out everywhere. Best left in the vintage shed. Speaking from experience.

There is no way you could pay much attention to the hrs displayed on a 37 year old tractor. It could be 13500 ,23500 or 33500 or anything in between. Nice looking tractor though. I find these old dears are lovely to look at but when put to work start peeing oil out everywhere. Best left in the vintage shed. Speaking from experience.

i suppose what surprises me is that it has 13500 on the clock.#
Most fellas looking for big bucks usually have a nice figure of 6-7500 hrs on the clock.
I wouldnt put much belief in that figure but 13.5k is a little more believable

i suppose what surprises me is that it has 13500 on the clock.#
Most fellas looking for big bucks usually have a nice figure of 6-7500 hrs on the clock.
I wouldnt put much belief in that figure but 13.5k is a little more believable
Am I the only man on the planet that doesn't look at the hours on a tractor because I tink most aren't genuine.
Alot of big tractors in the last 20 years were bought to do over 1k hours a year.
So I tink it would be usual for a 150+ plus tractor to have anything less than 10k on it.
I dont even consider changing tractor because of hours or because of how many hours per year it clocks.
If its doing its job grand and it's a nice machine then it can stay put

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Am I the only man on the planet that doesn't look at the hours on a tractor because I tink most aren't genuine.
Alot of big tractors in the last 20 years were bought to do over 1k hours a year.
So I tink it would be usual for a 150+ plus tractor to have anything less than 10k on it.
I dont even consider changing tractor because of hours or because of how many hours per year it clocks.
If its doing its job grand and it's a nice machine then it can stay put

Your dead right. Seen a NH on a uk dealers site recently 10 k hours on a 2010 tractor. You can bet if that tractor ends up in DD it will have 4.5 k hours and new tyres. Genuine uk tractor off a arable farm:no:

You would have to wonder alright when you see larger tractors, 15 years plus old with 6500hrs on the clock, when most of them probably had that done at 6 years old.
I remember years ago going to look at a 7740 at a dealers in Tipperary, something like 4500hrs on the clock.
Took off the side panel for a look and there was the oil filter with the hours and date of the last change marked on it with permanent marker, lets just say there was a discrepancy!

You would have to wonder alright when you see larger tractors, 15 years plus old with 6500hrs on the clock, when most of them probably had that done at 6 years old.
I remember years ago going to look at a 7740 at a dealers in Tipperary, something like 4500hrs on the clock.
Took off the side panel for a look and there was the oil filter with the hours and date of the last change marked on it with permanent marker, lets just say there was a discrepancy!
I'm big on oil changes here and I fully belive that's the life of them.
You could get a yoke with 3k hours and the oil was never changed only topped up.
Take this for example she went to 28k hours without major bother.
Infact I'd say he would have got longer out of it if he didn't go boosting it up when there was 16k hours on it
http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/high-hour-heroes-jd-6400.htm

I'm big on oil changes here and I fully belive that's the life of them.
You could get a yoke with 3k hours and the oil was never changed only topped up.
Take this for example she went to 28k hours without major bother.
Infact I'd say he would have got longer out of it if he didn't go boosting it up when there was 16k hours on it
http://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/high-hour-heroes-jd-6400.htm

My post was not too clear above, what I meant was that the hours written on the filter were substantially bigger than the hours on the clock!
You are right though, a well serviced high hour yoke can be a lot better buy than a low houred one than saw very little filters or a grease gun.

My post was not too clear above, what I meant was that the hours written on the filter were substantially bigger than the hours on the clock!
You are right though, a well serviced high hour yoke can be a lot better buy than a low houred one than saw very little filters or a grease gun.
No I followed you alright I've seen a few of them around here too.
Tbh if I saw that I'd let the dealer know and buy it at a discounted price [emoji23]

Back