Combines

I could see the folding header being a huge bonus on fields connected to each other.
Drop it off for the road after.

A lot of places could still run it down the road.

What’s the best way to access grain pan for cleaning ? Take out the 2 sieves ? And I think I’m going to have to attempt rooting at the concave @Danielk is it hard get the neck out
If you can clean the concave through the side panels using air pressure through a 90 degree bend that should do the grain pan also. Unless its really caked in mud. A clean standing crop of wheat was always a great way to shotblast the inside of a combine, that option may be hard got this year.

I could see the folding header being a huge bonus on fields connected to each other.
Drop it off for the road after.

A lot of places could still run it down the road.
Bucket of a digger would sort a lot of places out. Roads are so narrow in a lot of places you wouldn't have a hope getting around with a head hanging out in front.

Bucket of a digger would sort a lot of places out. Roads are so narrow in a lot of places you wouldn't have a hope getting around with a head hanging out in front.

I thought some roads were bad here but I remember being over in devon one time. They have these “devon land banks” as ditches along the road and they are protected or at least there were where I was near Barnstable. Anyway the roads were almost impossibly narrow and these ditches were both right on Top of the roadside And very high. A real nightmare and much worse than most of over here I reckon. Must be a nightmare with modern machinery.

I thought some roads were bad here but I remember being over in devon one time. They have these “devon land banks” as ditches along the road and they are protected or at least there were where I was near Barnstable. Anyway the roads were almost impossibly narrow and these ditches were both right on Top of the roadside And very high. A real nightmare and much worse than most of over here I reckon. Must be a nightmare with modern machinery.

I spend a bit of time up and down those said same lanes with a draw and drag picking up milk,,,, unless I'd been shown I could get to some farms I'd never have driven some of the roads,,,, fortunatly said roads are not over busy and the folk you tend to meet that far in can just as fast back ward as they can forward,,, usually the postie or the "bloke" who delivers the papers,!!!!

Just finished cleaning the combine out for year, took the neck off to hell and sieves out the back and went at it like a turkey at Xmas, the “clean” grain auger was by far the dirtiest worst smelling thing I ever experienced, I feel sorry for lads that have a couple of combines as the thought of cleaning one out is bad enough

Just finished cleaning the combine out for year, took the neck off to hell and sieves out the back and went at it like a turkey at Xmas, the “clean” grain auger was by far the dirtiest worst smelling thing I ever experienced, I feel sorry for lads that have a couple of combines as the thought of cleaning one out is bad enough
Well you know now it’s not a major job to take off the neck. Seen some taking it off using pallet forks and others taking it off while connected to the head. Sieves out the back is simple job and with them out it gives you good access to the pan. At least you will start next year all cleaned out.

Well you know now it’s not a major job to take off the neck. Seen some taking it off using pallet forks and others taking it off while connected to the head. Sieves out the back is simple job and with them out it gives you good access to the pan. At least you will start next year all cleaned out.
Ya I took it off with pallet forks, was terrified it was going to fall back when it came off the slides, first time properly in it from that angle

Ya I read that before somewhere be a good job, only trouble I had with combine is the master cylinder is leaking fluid, the diesel tank is leaking diesel, and in the end up the clutch for straw chopping blew up :scratchhead::rolleyes2:

Haven't a NH here but my combine mechanic said that the 3 point linkage on the neck is brilliant for removing the neck but unless it's just pulled straight forward and not moved away at an angle to the combine it's a devil to get back on square, there's no manoeuvrability compared to a pallet forks

I spend a bit of time up and down those said same lanes with a draw and drag picking up milk,,,, unless I'd been shown I could get to some farms I'd never have driven some of the roads,,,, fortunatly said roads are not over busy and the folk you tend to meet that far in can just as fast back ward as they can forward,,, usually the postie or the "bloke" who delivers the papers,!!!!

You seem to have taken to your latest career like a duck to water Vern :Thumbp2:

You mention collecting milk with a draw and drag. Very nearly exclusively artics collect it here . i think the tanker collects here is 28k litres. There would be an odd rigid , but usually old yokes. I havent ever seen a drag tanker . Has it its own pump unit , or more likely , you fill truck first , and then pump the next lot in the drag tanker , using the truck pump ?

Be Interesting coming to many of the various junctions around here, It's bad enough with a plough on the back let alone something 10ft/12ft sticking out front!

I cant imagine it would be a cheap project to undertake but they must see some savings by doing it that way. They would had to have gone through d combine fairly wel before buying it id imagine

He said they put a bid on it and won. From what I recall they didn't see the machine in the flesh until it was in their yard.

You seem to have taken to your latest career like a duck to water Vern :Thumbp2:

You mention collecting milk with a draw and drag. Very nearly exclusively artics collect it here . i think the tanker collects here is 28k litres. There would be an odd rigid , but usually old yokes. I havent ever seen a drag tanker . Has it its own pump unit , or more likely , you fill truck first , and then pump the next lot in the drag tanker , using the truck pump ?

Art that be right, we can get 28.5k L on an artic, and 14.5k on the front and 12.5k on the drag, , you can load the drag in 2 ways, as you say collect with the prime mover then pump it in later in a lay bye where you've parked it coz you can't get it in the farm or take the drag onto the farm and as you pump it on use a joining hose and blow it straight in the back,
The "worst" thing about having a drag is "planning " your collections, obviously you want to go in a "circle" if possible but you can't take the drag every where (on some rounds ) so you have to some times leave the thing in a lay-bys or yard and reload,, you can make it work,, some lads will also fill the drag and tug it about with a lot less in the prime mover,, but that's a bit dodgy to my mind,,
At least our drags are all tri axles, there's a big dairy down in Cornwall and the have 3 drag trailers with a fifth wheel at the front like an old kings trailer or a lampert,,,, fuck that for a lark trying to reverse it,, !!!
You can wang a drag in any where (within reason ) and the rear steer tri axle artic trailers will do amazing things in the right hands,

Art that be right, we can get 28.5k L on an artic, and 14.5k on the front and 12.5k on the drag, , you can load the drag in 2 ways, as you say collect with the prime mover then pump it in later in a lay bye where you've parked it coz you can't get it in the farm or take the drag onto the farm and as you pump it on use a joining hose and blow it straight in the back,
The "worst" thing about having a drag is "planning " your collections, obviously you want to go in a "circle" if possible but you can't take the drag every where (on some rounds ) so you have to some times leave the thing in a lay-bys or yard and reload,, you can make it work,, some lads will also fill the drag and tug it about with a lot less in the prime mover,, but that's a bit dodgy to my mind,,
At least our drags are all tri axles, there's a big dairy down in Cornwall and the have 3 drag trailers with a fifth wheel at the front like an old kings trailer or a lampert,,,, fuck that for a lark trying to reverse it,, !!!
You can wang a drag in any where (within reason ) and the rear steer tri axle artic trailers will do amazing things in the right hands,

Give it another day or two and you'll be taking it everywhere

If the man on donedeal gets €10500 for a 2680, lads will flood the market with them...😉😉

Nearly seems wrong talking about combines in October. 😄
MzBiZDQzNDE5ZWM0YWQ5Yjg1ZGE1NTUyMjNhZTczNDFgyXezeoXrBdokOr8g56hiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTg2MjkzOTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Back