Broadband

Change supplier.hit them where it hurts.know a couple of eir workers.they not worked let a know over worked by any means thats out n about in the vans.still a state like work mentality in it
The stuff that I have to deal with for people is usually where they have been over charged, or continued to be charged after they changed supplier. Eir has changed quite a bit in recent years. The trackers on the vans saw a lot of lads retire early.

Good to see some acknowledgement of the issues with eir and comreg, whether anything will come of it is debatable...

A long time overdue, they could keep going with other providers too but these are the worst by a mile in my book!

And then they wonder why more dont sign up to them...

We built the house 10-11 years ago and I never bothered with a landline. Haven’t for one day missed it. We just use mobiles.

I pay Nova Networks about 45-50 euros a month and find the service excellent. It’s not what I’d call cheap but we have no line rent and I don’t bother with Sky.
The broadband comes in via a receiver on the roof.

9DB5D034-2DB6-4CDA-B4E4-B88CB2712798.png

Have tried a few different internet sticks that where never successful we just stuck with using the phones hotspot the last few years.... With going back to college I installed imagine broadband , at e60 a month its expensive but very happy its savage fast plays Netflix now with out having to upload, I am going to run a cable out to the yard now and put up a wireless camera

Have tried a few different internet sticks that where never successful we just stuck with using the phones hotspot the last few years.... With going back to college I installed imagine broadband , at e60 a month its expensive but very happy its savage fast plays Netflix now with out having to upload, I am going to run a cable out to the yard now and put up a wireless camera
Make sure to put the broadband down as an agri expense, that makes it cheaper.

Same, with imagine as well. Can stream sports in hd no problem. While it's expensive it works, compared to my last supplier 3 which could go so slow it was unusable.

Same, with imagine as well. Can stream sports in hd no problem. While it's expensive it works, compared to my last supplier 3 which could go so slow it was unusable.
Ya herself signed up for now tv for 3 months and its ideal no delay in any sports matchs....

Good to see some acknowledgement of the issues with eir and comreg, whether anything will come of it is debatable...

The ball rolls a little further.

It has taken the politicians and Comreg long enough to raise the problems with Eir as it hasn't been today or yesterday that these issues have come to light and I'm quite sure that Comreg have been made aware by a sizeable number of disgruntled customers. Eir used to have a page on Boards but they shut it down because there were countless issues being raised.
I have posted previously about my experiences and dissatisfaction with them. How they are still in business I can't fathom. I'm with a local provider, Aptus, and I have to say in over two years there has been no problems.

It has taken the politicians and Comreg long enough to raise the problems with Eir as it hasn't been today or yesterday that these issues have come to light and I'm quite sure that Comreg have been made aware by a sizeable number of disgruntled customers. Eir used to have a page on Boards but they shut it down because there were countless issues being raised.
I have posted previously about my experiences and dissatisfaction with them. How they are still in business I can't fathom. I'm with a local provider, Aptus, and I have to say in over two years there has been no problems.

Only reason they are still in business is that they are a former state monopoly and have a lot of infrastructure in the country.

Have heard good reports about Aptus too, not too dissimilar of an experience that I've got with Rocket Broadband here for the last nearly 2 yesrs

Last edited:
More bullshit from Eir claiming a 10 minute answer time and ring a different number, you just get hopped from menu to menu options with them..https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2020/1124/1180226-eir-customer-service-complaints-broadband-phone/
Why do people bother with Eir or is there no other option in some places?

I haven’t had anything to do with them with almost 20 years.

Anyone here use imagine broadband? I have it just over a year now and for the first 11 months it was super but in the last 4-8 weeks it’s not remotely as good, imagine are telling us everything is ok etc but it’s gone very slow

More bullshit from Eir claiming a 10 minute answer time and ring a different number, you just get hopped from menu to menu options with them.. https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2020/1124/1180226-eir-customer-service-complaints-broadband-phone/
Next door neighbour is a technican with eir mainly on broadband and he was giving out goodo about them.
There is no special number or line for them to ring it on looking for job details or technical stuff they might need on site.they have to go tru the same bullony as an ordinary joe soap to get through to tech dept

More bullshit from Eir claiming a 10 minute answer time and ring a different number, you just get hopped from menu to menu options with them.. https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2020/1124/1180226-eir-customer-service-complaints-broadband-phone/
I'm not surprised... I had to deal with them recently to try and get fibre installed to the house. There is a pole 70 metres away from the house which the kn technician said would be no problem to connect to. They received the report and said they would enable it in the system. That is probably 3 or 4 months ago and nothing moved yet.

I'm not surprised... I had to deal with them recently to try and get fibre installed to the house. There is a pole 70 metres away from the house which the kn technician said would be no problem to connect to. They received the report and said they would enable it in the system. That is probably 3 or 4 months ago and nothing moved yet.
I have nothing with Eir but could write a book on them between talking to my neighbour and his struggle to get fibre broadband despite it passing his gate and trying to cancel a contract with Meteor who were taken over by Eir, GoMo has been mentioned as a mobile provider, its an Eir brand.

I have nothing with Eir but could write a book on them between talking to my neighbour and his struggle to get fibre broadband despite it passing his gate and trying to cancel a contract with Meteor who were taken over by Eir, GoMo has been mentioned as a mobile provider, its an Eir brand.
I imagine they make most of their money from people in towns and cities. They don't seem to care about helping people who live in more rural settings.

We have both mobiles with gomo which I was fully aware is eir when we signed up at 10 euro per month but on a month to month contract so the risk is lessened somewhat if any trouble starts. No issues so far.

This is the variance in speed we get with three mobile broadband (disregard the LTE tests). We are just over 7km from the mast and I have been tweaking the external antenna to get the best performance I can. It can get a little slow in the evenings but still usable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201124-225154.png
    Screenshot_20201124-225154.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 28
This is the variance in speed we get with three mobile broadband (disregard the LTE tests). We are just over 7km from the mast and I have been tweaking the external antenna to get the best performance I can. It can get a little slow in the evenings but still usable.
Some amount of variation there.. 135mbps cant be right and when upload is 4 times download speed at the bottom of the list, I'm 3km from a mast but a test will show it coming from Galway or Carlow.

Some amount of variation there.. 135mbps cant be right and when upload is 4 times download speed at the bottom of the list, I'm 3km from a mast but a test will show it coming from Galway or Carlow.
That high result was on LTE in the nearest town.

Have you an external antenna or just what comes on the router?

Back