Ford/New Holland

i,ll go 80, same engine as an 80/90 i,d be fairly sure maybe 85 even . bord na mona tractor ?
The internet would suggest that it's smaller than the 80/90

Same engine as a 70/90 but making 5hp less in the TL

I can't see it making much more than 75hp, it's a small non turbo engine,not especially tunable I'd have thought

Back to the drawing board so :rolleyes:

You could invest in a powestar engine of whatever horsepower you need. Iirc the bell housing of all ford/ new holland tractors are all the same so fitting a different sized engine should'nt be a problem.

I usually buy engines with a tractor already attached :lol:
Was only a notion I took this evening, as I said an idle musing.

I do that too with engines. A friend of mine has a tm 150 that he done a few modifications to and brought up the horsepower up to around 220 hp. He done it to drive triple mowers and while it did do it the tractor was under pressure weight wise as well as power wise. He has since bought a bigger,heavier tractor and its proving more economical to run.

the TM are I reckon one of new Holland’s best - a real work horse and a real slugger. On the look out for one myself again but they have gone dear particularly in the last couple of years. I see some TMs and they would fetch more than what they were bought for 10 - 12 years ago. Nearly bought a TM 150 a couple of years ago and it was a good one, but got a T6000 series at the time.
I have a red TM, a MXM 130 with just over 6000hrs and most of them on a sprayer and still on original back tyres.
Bought her with 290hrs16yrs ago for just over 24k sterling, id say if she had of been a blue one she would still make that ££ today.

I do that too with engines. A friend of mine has a tm 150 that he done a few modifications to and brought up the horsepower up to around 220 hp. He done it to drive triple mowers and while it did do it the tractor was under pressure weight wise as well as power wise. He has since bought a bigger,heavier tractor and its proving more economical to run.
I wasn't planning on putting triples on her anyway :blink:

How long have you got her now?

Have you ever seen a tractor with 30k hours on it that didn't need major surgery?
I know of a contractors Same Leopard that done over 30000 hours with no major surgery before she was traded in.Rust eventually got the better of her.

where does a TM take the ground speed from? My one has started to mess around, displaying the speed sometimes and not others.

where does a TM take the ground speed from? My one has started to mess around, displaying the speed sometimes and not others.
radar usually. either that or the speed sensor just in front of the right hand half axle. is the speed jumping up and down? are the other meter doing the same like the pto speed and engine rpm?

Back