Daily weather forecast update

Very heavy rain here in North West Cork this morning. I wouldnt say no to a heatwave for a few weeks since it is Summer time!

We had 25mm of rain since 10am. Loads of pools of water. Will really help to grow some grass if we get the weather that's talked about for the coming week

Nothing In the gauge at 7.15 am . Slight mistake started soon after. Nice shower 7.30.
On off rain /showers most of day . 20 mm in it now . 8 mm of thar in last 2 hours.

Hammered down here when was milking earlier. Rain that would beat down barley. I'd be happy if I didn't see rain till October now.

Just came up from cork, the rain in parts was savage, you Couldn’t see the road for it in parts 😳

home now and it’s barely made a drizzle here in North Meath

Spring barley flattened with the steady rain since 9am...afraid to look at the winter barley.
One field of sb here has bits flattened in it here and there. I didn't look at any of the rest of the sb. I've floods laying everywhere around the place this evening. Wb is getting a hammering and one field and by far the best of mine is well shook up now. The crows and pigeons are doing fierce harm in it as well. I saw a field of sb over beside herselfs place and it's absolutely flattened from a cloud burst. Not even the tramlines are standing in it. A write off at this point I would say.

Not long in from looking at cattle and see the neighbours is flattened on the doubles, didnt get courage to go look at mine!!
It's a disagreeable bast*rd of a month so far weather wise. Great for the grass growth but for crops the rain can fcuk off now.

You must have the knees sore , praying for a dry day yesterday .

And you got it. You have a Direct line
I remarked earlier to the missus how lucky we were with the weather. Last night at this time a few of us were sinking a few beers stood outside in the yard around the brazier and none of us feeling the cold. Different story tonight.

It's a disagreeable bast*rd of a month so far weather wise. Great for the grass growth but for crops the rain can fcuk off now.
Isn't it amazing the difference in weather in a few miles. Apart from today I would have thought the weather was ideal for ripening winter crops around here, warm and showery

Isn't it amazing the difference in weather in a few miles. Apart from today I would have thought the weather was ideal for ripening winter crops around here, warm and showery
It is. As the crow flies herselfs home place is no more then 12 or 14 miles from here yet the thunderous rain they had the other evening wiped out a sb crop and we had no rain at all here the same evening. At this stage I would rather see a month of 20 degree plus temps and zero rain to ripen crops. 2018 was a pleasure to harvest in. No long work days to beat the weather and no battling lodged crops or high moisture grain.

13.7mm today. Mostly soft enough throughout the day. Looking to get a bit warmer and drier this week. 32.8mm so far for July.

Another 20mm of rain here in the early part of the night to give us a total of over 45mm yesterday. Lucky that there's a dry week forecast
Was that at your galway based farm or didnt ya forget to empty the guage after last Sunday's deluge in leitrim

Back