Diesel price

How do you claim the carbon tax back on green diesel?
Get a grant for solar panels or rapping the holiday cottage. Actually most of the money is going on new fridges in super markets and panels on the roof . Kelly’s got a new heating system for the hotel and a more carbon friendly hot tub .

Yeah I give me accountant a fuel statement for the year and they claim it back for me as far as I know.
I asked my accountant about this last December and he said he never heard of it. He was to look into it but I never heard any more from him. He seems to be a type that would rather be safe with revenue giving them more than enough than getting some back for me.

I asked my accountant about this last December and he said he never heard of it. He was to look into it but I never heard any more from him. He seems to be a type that would rather be safe with revenue giving them more than enough than getting some back for me.
I’ve mentioned to my accountant as well, he said the same, he’ll look into it but did nothing, they must have went to the same accountant school l….

I phoned our fuel supplier about a statement for it last year and the lady in the office told me the accountants had already contacted them and gotten the statement.

I don't honestly know how much money is involved but if it's significant your accountant can and should file ammended returns going back a few years. While he's still your accountant.

not been smart ,but it's time for a new accountant,
it was an aul ex's sister who is an accountant told me back in Feb 2014.
my own accountant never heard of it back then either,
basically the carbon tax can be put in as an expense, from what I remembered her telling me contractors don't qualify for it nor if you were a vat registered farmer

Why wouldn’t a vat registered farmer not be eligible for the rebate??? That doesn’t make sense.

Why wouldn’t a vat registered farmer not be eligible for the rebate??? That doesn’t make sense.
that's what she told me at the time ,a vat reg farmer could claim the VAT back on it, and the bottom line is they designed it in such a way that they only lost the minimum from the exchequer

My accountant said that too. Not applicable for contractors or vat reg business.
When were any of these schemes/grants fair?
I think the carbon tax is close enough to €100 per 1000 litre agri Diesel

not been smart ,but it's time for a new accountant,
it was an aul ex's sister who is an accountant told me back in Feb 2014.
my own accountant never heard of it back then either,
basically the carbon tax can be put in as an expense, from what I remembered her telling me contractors don't qualify for it nor if you were a vat registered farmer
I have wondered about moving from time to time.
I am Vat registered so maybe that’s the reason I can’t get it but he should have come back and told me such. I have just emailed him again on it, thanks for reminding me. I will let ye know the answer if i get one.

Back