Diesel price

Do you any of you use circle K’s miles plus diesel ?

It’s a good 7 or 8 cent more a litre but it’s meant to be premium diesel.

I just filled the car with it this morning just to see if there is any difference in MPG.

Maybe it’s hard to beat Certa and other such companies with their ‘ordinary’ diesel 🤔

I just filled the car with it this morning just to see if there is any difference in MPG.

Maybe it’s hard to beat Certa and other such companies with their ‘ordinary’ diesel 🤔

I use ordinary Circle K diesel in the van and find it good. Did try the premium stuff but got no more mileage out of it. I add Dipethane and find that it gives more mileage and leaves a smoother running engine.
I don't use Certa because I find that I don't get the mileage out of it. I think that different cars get different mileage out of different brands so I'm not knocking Certa.

I use ordinary Circle K diesel in the van and find it good. Did try the premium stuff but got no more mileage out of it. I add Dipethane and find that it gives more mileage and leaves a smoother running engine.
I don't use Certa because I find that I don't get the mileage out of it. I think that different cars get different mileage out of different brands so I'm not knocking Certa.
How much more mileage are you getting from the Dipethane? Paying for its cost?

I do wonder about what people say about different brands of fuel giving different fuel efficiency. Granted, the brands that claim extra like miles plus etc probably have some data to back it up.
Ambient air temp, traffic levels, wind etc all have an impact on fuel efficiency so I wonder are some people thinking that the fuel is making a difference when in fact it’s other factors?

I’m not saying that people are incorrect but I wouldn’t have thought there would be much if any difference between fuels of the same certified standard.

How much more mileage are you getting from the Dipethane? Paying for its cost?
It costs 3.5c per litre to treat diesel. I have recorded a lot of mileage over the years and kepth track of useage and I believe that it gives increased mileage of more than 5%. So at today's rates, it is easily paying for itself. A number of years ago I had an injector go in a car and I got a recommendation here for to bring it to a repair place and it was them who recommended Dipethane. They said that the lower sulphur diesel caused build up in engines and around injectors and that the Dipethane was a suitable replacement lubricant to account for the reduced sulpher. I have been using it since. Its not a huge expense.

It costs 3.5c per litre to treat diesel. I have recorded a lot of mileage over the years and kepth track of useage and I believe that it gives increased mileage of more than 5%. So at today's rates, it is easily paying for itself. A number of years ago I had an injector go in a car and I got a recommendation here for to bring it to a repair place and it was them who recommended Dipethane. They said that the lower sulphur diesel caused build up in engines and around injectors and that the Dipethane was a suitable replacement lubricant to account for the reduced sulpher. I have been using it since. Its not a huge expense.
Do you throw it into the tank of the car or the bulk diesel tank?

Tried it over several tanks of fuel doing the exact same run all the time. No difference whatsoever in the vehicle I was using at the time.

I do wonder about what people say about different brands of fuel giving different fuel efficiency. Granted, the brands that claim extra like miles plus etc probably have some data to back it up.
Ambient air temp, traffic levels, wind etc all have an impact on fuel efficiency so I wonder are some people thinking that the fuel is making a difference when in fact it’s other factors?

I’m not saying that people are incorrect but I wouldn’t have thought there would be much if any difference between fuels of the same certified standard.
I've never seen any benefits of using super over standard my truck does 18mpg towing on either fuels

I have just signed up for 2 fuel cards tho
7ppl saving over pump prices

My employer always weighs the fuel lorries when buying fuel for the grain dryers.
Every load will be different.
I did a quarry once and he weighed me in, told me they never weighed the same, I told him it depends on the specific gravity of it, so while pumping the load off I got the gravity of the BOL & worked it out, got back on the bridge and told him what the weight would be before he printed the ticket, think I was within 20 kilos.

Brother in law said he got better value when he started weighing .
He was buying in bundles of steel and the supplier was sliding rods out of the bales .
That is interesting. For many years, a local engineering works quite close to here, who also sell a lot of steel from their yard, have a policy of checking the thickness of steel sheets with a vernier calipers and counting all lengths that come into the yard. They must have been badly stung at some point, as it is quite time consuming to check everything on delivery.

Back