Fast bales

You’d move fair bales in a day with that set up

I’ve come to the conclusion that unless the bales are beside the yard it’s a numbers game

be that trailers, keltec’s or whatever but if there is any distance involved then you need a few lads drawing

and that adds serious cost to the bales
751 bales was the biggest day this season with the 3 loaders out, that was after 2 fusion, 2 weren't working together, 11 different yards

You’d move fair bales in a day with that set up

I’ve come to the conclusion that unless the bales are beside the yard it’s a numbers game

be that trailers, keltec’s or whatever but if there is any distance involved then you need a few lads drawing

and that adds serious cost to the bales
Does it add more cost having 3 men and tractors for 6 hours as opposed to 1 man for 18?

What’s the legality of the hydraulic side clamp trailers?

I’d be having one of those if I did any amount,also means you’ve the trailer for the rest of the year,I’m sure the mechanism could be made to remove.

If you had a loader in the field and yard be great but if you were up and down plugging in hydraulic pipes for every load you’d be a bit sickened.

although I’d imagine at some stage all bale trailers will have to be like this

If you had a loader in the field and yard be great but if you were up and down plugging in hydraulic pipes for every load you’d be a bit sickened.

although I’d imagine at some stage all bale trailers will have to be like this
All that unplugging is a balls, wearing on man and plugs, May as well be at pit silage at that stage imo.wirelss trailer lights be a help

All that unplugging is a balls, wearing on man and plugs, May as well be at pit silage at that stage imo.wirelss trailer lights be a help
When you are dropping silage trailers you were plugging in hydraulics and dropping trailers all day. It’s all in a days work. We used to bring in 1000 straw bales with a dexta and a Massey 135 . At straw we would work 8 till 6 and take an hour for dinner.

Attachments

• 1CE7483D-29CD-493C-A313-0D32E16C574F.jpeg
    1CE7483D-29CD-493C-A313-0D32E16C574F.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 61
  • D435CBF7-4573-4133-9269-7D34D2789DD0.jpeg
    D435CBF7-4573-4133-9269-7D34D2789DD0.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 61
I asked a man who had some of those trailers at a show if he could make a quick connect unit like you'd have when you take off a modern loader.

Bracket out from top link holes, just pop the unit on, lever down and your away.
Could even get trailer breaks and lights on there I'm sure.

I asked a man who had some of those trailers at a show if he could make a quick connect unit like you'd have when you take off a modern loader.

Bracket out from top link holes, just pop the unit on, lever down and your away.
Could even get trailer breaks and lights on there I'm sure.
Talked with someone recently who sold the Siwi auto hitch,he’d a few of the lime spreader boys using Mach loader couplers on the back of tractors for this,lights trailer brakes and spools all in the one coupler.

Talked with someone recently who sold the Siwi auto hitch,he’d a few of the lime spreader boys using Mach loader couplers on the back of tractors for this,lights trailer brakes and spools all in the one coupler.

Do you know the customer by any chance? Be interesting to know how they get on!

Should be possible to knock up a quick couple hydraulic system, actually Wagner (the lads who make the Kennfixx couplers) hydraulics had something like this. Just run some short pipes between a bracket mounted multi coupler and plug them into the spool. That way you still have the spool for traditional pipes. Should be doable for under 1k

Reactions: AYF
Should be possible to knock up a quick couple hydraulic system, actually Wagner (the lads who make the Kennfixx couplers) hydraulics had something like this. Just run some short pipes between a bracket mounted multi coupler and plug them into the spool. That way you still have the spool for traditional pipes. Should be doable for under 1k

Yeah we wrote about that 18 months ago

I was talking about a hydraulic quick coupler for just doing the spools and brakes

What’s the legality of the hydraulic side clamp trailers?

I’d be having one of those if I did any amount,also means you’ve the trailer for the rest of the year,I’m sure the mechanism could be made to remove.

Looked at a few of them as we were going to do it not as straightforward as it looks.
One of the main set backs is it won't work with sloping racks so your down 2 bales in what your gaining already another thing is if you make them too heavy they will fall to bits and top light and they will fall to bits.
And also its mainly young lads that draw bales and drive the ring out of yokes.
Your sure one would be turned over

Looked at a few of them as we were going to do it not as straightforward as it looks.
One of the main set backs is it won't work with sloping racks so your down 2 bales in what your gaining already another thing is if you make them too heavy they will fall to bits and top light and they will fall to bits.
And also its mainly young lads that draw bales and drive the ring out of yokes.
Your sure one would be turned over

What would the legalities of a curtainnsider and load besring curtains be I wonder?
Much quicker than strapping a full load.

That looks better than ones I've seen in the past, they were on the link arms and threw the trailer quite far back.
Much better looking setup there!
@scoffcruddle was that just one impliment and tractor side?
Heck of a price really!
Both sides,with pto engagement.
What would the legalities of a curtainnsider and load besring curtains be I wonder?
Much quicker than strapping a full load.
Newer curtain siders are load bearing,no reason you couldn’t cram it full and shut the curtains.
Biggest worry would be hitting branches ,ok if it drags on a bale usually.

Reactions: AYF
Back