Ford/New Holland

I might crank up the puter later , and look at the figures . Be interesting to see the change in 5 years .

Called to a friend this afternoon , various topics were covered . Invasions , lambing results etc . He has either a 182 or 191 reg MF 6713S . He says that the equivalent model is €37000 dearer now than that was .
A ton of grain , litre of milk , kilo of meat would want to increase some amount ,for it to make any sense .
Have a friend up here in much the same boat, he has a 7720s he bought 3 years ago and he told me last week its worth nearly the same as what he bought it for, he's going to trade it in for a 7720s of a lower spec but with a loader, also going to take advantage of the good prices for second hand tractors and trade the puma for an new 8s massey. The price of second hand machinery must be completely mental.

Have a friend up here in much the same boat, he has a 7720s he bought 3 years ago and he told me last week its worth nearly the same as what he bought it for, he's going to trade it in for a 7720s of a lower spec but with a loader, also going to take advantage of the good prices for second hand tractors and trade the puma for an new 8s massey. The price of second hand machinery must be completely mental.
But isn’t the price of new also mental?
It’s not as if he is going to change these tractors for small money or anything

No but I suppose he'll get a nice new one without paying as much as he would along with the old one before, say 4 years ago. The case was giving trouble anyway, had to get a new roof installed after it went on fire, think it was the lights that caused it.

No but I suppose he'll get a nice new one without paying as much as he would along with the old one before, say 4 years ago. The case was giving trouble anyway, had to get a new roof installed after it went on fire, think it was the lights that caused it.
I see Martin’s have a secondhand Massey 8S in stock

Is this necessarily the case though?
It is, without a doubt. I've been looking at second hand tractors lately and for instance a 2018 120hp loader tractor with 2.5k hours, front tyres half worn and the back maybe 60-70%. Few age related marks but overall good condition but still not the spec that one might be looking for. For a few extra euro ya would have a new tractor of better spec and all that might be in it is a year's extra repayment over the second hand one. I've also seen low houred 2016/2017 tarctors without a loader and when a loader/brackets etc is factored into the cost their ending up dearer than new. Its hard to believe really.

It is, without a doubt. I've been looking at second hand tractors lately and for instance a 2018 120hp loader tractor with 2.5k hours, front tyres half worn and the back maybe 60-70%. Few age related marks but overall good condition but still not the spec that one might be looking for. For a few extra euro ya would have a new tractor of better spec and all that might be in it is a year's extra repayment over the second hand one. I've also seen low houred 2016/2017 tarctors without a loader and when a loader/brackets etc is factored into the cost their ending up dearer than new. Its hard to believe really.
Does that translate into trading up for smaller money than 4 years ago though, as in are people finding they are getting great deals to trade up to new?

Does that translate into trading up for smaller money than 4 years ago though, as in are people finding they are getting great deals to trade up to new?
Don’t know about tractors but that’s the way it worked out for me with a car recently.

It might be no harm to tie into low interest rates going forward and a new tractor.

I'd have thought that would be the case. New tractors arent as dear as what people would have ya believe. If ya have a good spec'd fresh low houred tractor it should cost very little to change at the moment.

Is this necessarily the case though?
I'm not too sure. I was talking to him in the pub on Sunday so let's just say I can't remember the nitty gritty bits such as prices. Just know the case is hasn't depreciated much, it's a 162 240 Puma with all the bells and whistles. Think the massey was a little bit over 100k new, 104 or 106. I'd say it must be worth 98 or 100 still. The Puma I'm not too sure what it's worth.

20190712_140139.jpg
20190712_140228.jpg
that's the massey fresh off the truck

Don’t know about tractors but that’s the way it worked out for me with a car recently.
Do you mind me asking what brand you bought/traded, I didn't see much value when i was looking, maybe because what I was looking at wasn't stock, I.e order with 6 month waiting.

This does not match what others are saying above but I have a relative trading a 2018 100hp tractor with a loader with 1500 hours as he does every 4 years. Its costing him €20k for the same brand, size and spec. In my eyes that's a lot of money for a relatively small tractor. The only good thing for him is that dealer finance is at 0%

Do you mind me asking what brand you bought/traded, I didn't see much value when i was looking, maybe because what I was looking at wasn't stock, I.e order with 6 month waiting.
Not at all. Had looked early or middle of last year and ruled it out. The. Ended up looking in December (edit November) amd the deal was as good as I could expect if we were going to trade.
Traded in a 182 Skoda kodiaq, top spec 190bhp, 4wd, pano roof, electric hitch, full leather, runner boards etc with 70k km.

Ended up trading in November and Went for a 2021 demo Volvo XC90 B5 with good few additional spec items on it with 15k Kms on it. Would not have bought straight as prices are eye watering but got a good deal once you can make peace with yourself for the kind of money that is exchanging hands for that type of vehicle. (Bit like tractor purchases in a way!).

Jf decided to buy a safe a few years ago. He kept getting burnt off the lightbulb.

That's why I'm bald . The feckin heat if the bulb burnt the hair off.
Look when you have a million under the mattress, it's a small price to pay .

@diesel power had a similar problem .
Then he got married , and he hasn't half the trouble now...

A bachelor like yourself Peter , must need 2 safes .

Need a few experts opinions here. A mate of mine was offered 25k the other week for his TM 140, he asked me there yesterday was this a good price to which I told him no as you see ones the same spec up at 37 and 36 on done deal. She's an 05 model with a full set of weights, around 8000 hours and one owner from new, I haven't a picture of it but I do have one of his TM 130 which would be in the same condition as the 140 with the TM being slightly tidier. I was thinking 35-36k would be a fair price.20190802_173033.jpg

tbh i would consider a 30k be the ball park for a 155, not a mind a 140 but as way things are going and as you said, lads be looking for 35k for them and seem to getting the money for them so why cant he

tbh i would consider a 30k be the ball park for a 155, not a mind a 140 but as way things are going and as you said, lads be looking for 35k for them and seem to getting the money for them so why cant he
Have to agree 30k should be enough for one but lads are looking for and probably are getting up to 37k plus vat for them.

Back