Grease is the Word. Let's talk about lubrication.

Masseyrk662

Correction no grease is better than wrong grease, lubrication and oils is my area.of expertise and it's a common misconception. Most ep2 grease used in agriculture you may as well smear cow shite on the application, but that's a discussion for another thread.
I have to ask this it’s been on my mind for years, is the typical “brown grease” better on pins etc than the “blue” grease or should I use blue grease on everything. I had an arguement with a lad one time about this and want to know the proper answer 🤣

I have to ask this it’s been on my mind for years, is the typical “brown grease” better on pins etc than the “blue” grease or should I use blue grease on everything. I had an arguement with a lad one time about this and want to know the proper answer 🤣
There's dedicated pin and bush grease which has solid lubricants in it to overcome pressure. Most confuse greases 'thickness' and 'tackiness' to its suitability to an application. That's a misnomer as thats normally the soap merely used to retain the oil in the grease.
Common Ep2 Lithium grease or brown grease, just means it's a lithium soap thickener which is cheapest on market well until lately til batteries made litiums price go up, the base oil is the portent bit and most are cheap mineral oils which aren't much use above 95-100c.

There's dedicated pin and bush grease which has solid lubricants in it to overcome pressure. Most confuse greases 'thickness' and 'tackiness' to its suitability to an application. That's a misnomer as thats normally the soap merely used to retain the oil in the grease.
Common Ep2 Lithium grease or brown grease, just means it's a lithium soap thickener which is cheapest on market well until lately til batteries made litiums price go up, the base oil is the portent bit and most are cheap mineral oils which aren't much use above 95-100c.
finally some useful information in this thread which might help my immune system 🤠. blue grease for baler and drive shafts ?

finally some useful information in this thread which might help my immune system 🤠. blue grease for baler and drive shafts ?
I'm not going to hijack the thread maybe start a new one?
Blue grease isn't telling me much, Castrol used to use it as a.marketing thing on high melt point grease years ago but sadly loads copied it. Start a new thread let me know the brand and code.and I'll be better able to answer.

Dedicated thread to talk about which types of grease to use for which job , following an interesting diversion on this subject on another thread.

Grease is the word, talk about it here:

Scrolling through threads there and seem this title and it shows up that it was started by me, I initially thought I really need to stop drinking

There's a black moly grease used to use here. Was recommended for pins and bushes, real tacky dirty stuff.
Just have a "red lithium complex" grease now. Doesn't sound like much detail.
What's the opinion on those @Mark Lynskey ? Both Ted castles/top

Scrolling through threads there and seem this title and it shows up that it was started by me, I initially thought I really need to stop drinking
I moved some of the posts from the COVID 19 thread into here. Posts are organised by date and time, hence your post being first :wink:

There's dedicated pin and bush grease which has solid lubricants in it to overcome pressure.
this stuff?

Back