I'm Looking For...

Just spoke to him and his current bucket is 5ft and the space between the legs of his bin is 4ft 6".

He says that bucket he is looking for is used in lakeland in Longford for filling half ton meal bins. @mixed fleet have you seen it? I remember it but I can't remember the make of it. I haven't bought from lakeland in a few years and neither has he.
Was just googling and came on this(I know it’s no use as it’s in america) but I’m guessing this is basically what he’s looking for which made me think that I’ve seen a few concrete pour buckets here for track machines done the same, I just can’t remember the manufacturer, but if you can find one they maybe would put euros on instead?

Just found one on dd that may do the job as it’s got a good square looking back, possibly even just putting sockets under it for the pallet forks might work for him?

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/29728316
NEW Trojan 13ton concrete pouring bucket

Was just googling and came on this(I know it’s no use as it’s in america) but I’m guessing this is basically what he’s looking for which made me think that I’ve seen a few concrete pour buckets here for track machines done the same, I just can’t remember the manufacturer, but if you can find one they maybe would put euros on instead?

That's an excellent idea. Have seen a digger working with a concrete pour bucket in the local town in the last few weeks. I'll chat them on on Monday. Cheers for that.

What I can see from the tote bag filling buckets is that the whole bottom opens up on them to empty. There is poor control over the amount dispensed. What he wants to do is fill each bin to a specific level and the move to the next, that's why I thought that a bucket like the one that i linked above might be a good job.
Some have a hydraulic slide,I’ll have a look.

That's an excellent idea. Have seen a digger working with a concrete pour bucket in the local town in the last few weeks. I'll chat them on on Monday. Cheers for that.

€840 to 1500 here but any bucket is going to be 600 up and to get someone to make one up probably more again

That’s kind of what I was thinking originally if his current bucket would fit, to put something like this on the frontView attachment 100910
Might be economical for him to buy a narrow bucket and have a spout like that made for the front of it.

We used to have a spout like that for a 6 ton swivel dumper for putting chips into a trench when laying water mains

Might be economical for him to buy a narrow bucket and have a spout like that made for the front of it.

We used to have a spout like that for a 6 ton swivel dumper for putting chips into a trench when laying water mains
There is a 4ft on dd in athenry for 350 but it’s on tanco or Ross more brackets rather than euros but still might be worth a look, for what he’ll be doing with it it could be made fairly light, even a corner off an old square diesel tank with a spout cut into it might be enough for the job?

There is a 4ft on dd in athenry for 350 but it’s on tanco or Ross more brackets rather than euros but still might be worth a look, for what he’ll be doing with it it could be made fairly light, even a corner off an old square diesel tank with a spout cut into it might be enough for the job?
Brilliant. Thanks for the info

I have the same stuff on a door here and it has bested me to find it, if you find some will you pass on a link
I will, I'm following up with an extruding company I've used in the past. I can buy it off the dealer but it's expensive.

@muckymanor
Concrete placing skip?

Usually narrow and have a chute on.
One with fork holes underneath to put it on a loader

Last edited:
A friend of mine has hurt his back and is looking for a loader bucket to load sheep meal feeders. He is quite specific with his needs. It has to be something like this with a narrow chute. There are plenty of bag filling buckets by irish manufacturers where the bottom just opens out but they would be too wide - he needs fairly precise placement with it. Anyone got any links to irish manufacturers or suppliers? Doesn't have to be big - 400kg would be the most that he would bring at a time.

I’m a bit late to the party but as the lads have said, hydraulic concrete skip might be the ideal solution. I’ve no idea what sort of money they are as I only ever had to drive it but they’re a convenient bit of kit. Just check out how he’s fixed for height as despite being narrow, they tend to be fairly tall.

Maybe not the place to put it but I got an internet Radio for my Birthday . Is there any radio stations or podcasts that people listen to ? I think I can stream spotify through it . I like country type music and history . My brother listens to local Radio stations in New Zealand and Canada .

Irish favourites podcast get it on radio kerry website
sounds country live on radio kerry for a hour 7-8 pm couple o nights a week
Maybe not the place to put it but I got an internet Radio for my Birthday . Is there any radio stations or podcasts that people listen to ? I think I can stream spotify through it . I like country type music and history . My brother listens to local Radio stations in New Zealand and Canada .

IMG_20211227_122141.jpg
Looking for a second beacon bracket like this one that fits into the mirror. Knowing my luck I would have to go and make one myself but would rather keep it matching or might have to buy 2 different matching ones instead

Back