Importing UK machinery post brexit

Anyone know what way it works for importing a digger from uk to Southern Ireland? For person Vat registered

I think this is only for traders as opposed to a one off purchase.

You could well be right.
I thought all VAT registered businesses were considered traders?
I was lead to believe it isn't too difficult to register for EORI and postpone the VAT, but the accountant did it all and the sprayer was brought in by one entity and a portion of it sold forward to another entity, so that could be what qualified it.
Best to check with an accountant what is allowed and not, I didn't even dream of doing myself.

I don't know about the accounting side but getting the EORI number is very straightforward, Google it and revenue have a step by step guide for ROS and myaccount

That is correct. I have one here and not registered .I pay the the vat in the uk on anything i am bringing in
As always I'm open to correction but I don't think since Brexit that you should be paying UK VAT on purchases from over there, registered or not, I'd have to go searching but as far as I remember you show that you are exporting it out of the UK territory and they then sell it excluding VAT.
It would have been different pre Brexit in that you had to have a VAT number to buy excluding VAT.

As always I'm open to correction but I don't think since Brexit that you should be paying UK VAT on purchases from over there, registered or not, I'd have to go searching but as far as I remember you show that you are exporting it out of the UK territory and they then sell it excluding VAT.
It would have been different pre Brexit in that you had to have a VAT number to buy excluding VAT.
I think you are correct there

You could well be right.
I thought all VAT registered businesses were considered traders?
I was lead to believe it isn't too difficult to register for EORI and postpone the VAT, but the accountant did it all and the sprayer was brought in by one entity and a portion of it sold forward to another entity, so that could be what qualified it.
Best to check with an accountant what is allowed and not, I didn't even dream of doing myself.
On anything I have brought in Vat was zeroed in the uk and I don’t have to pay vat here as they just postpone it until your next return and they zero it then

I meant to say that with some business' in the UK you might have to explain the zero VAT for export to them if they're not regular exporters but I would think quite a lot are tuned in now since Brexit happened.

I do know don’t have to pay vat if buying from ni or uk as I’m vat registered, but are there any other fees I would have to pay upon exporting from uk rather than ni like on the import on a commercial vehicle?Have the eori number also..

I do know don’t have to pay vat if buying from ni or uk as I’m vat registered, but are there any other fees I would have to pay upon exporting from uk rather than ni like on the import on a commercial vehicle?Have the eori number also..
Just the VRT of €250. It can be a pain getting all paperwork right, but not very difficult.

Looking at a milking machine in scotland from a private seller , price is plus vat and sorting transport myself if I did buy, just wondering on the customs would there be customs on a second hand milking machine into ireland and how is that value calculated ?

Looking at a milking machine in scotland from a private seller , price is plus vat and sorting transport myself if I did buy, just wondering on the customs would there be customs on a second hand milking machine into ireland and how is that value calculated ?
I would imagine it can all be avoided if u come in through the north? Could be wrong but that seems to be how a lot of lads are bringing stuff in.

I only buy from the UK what I can't get here. Too much risk of some random charges.

Amazon UK is the exception as they have that stuff sorted out.

Surprising what you can find on eBay UK but with the location set to EU too. Seems to be a lot of sellers in the Baltic's for auto stuff

I only buy from the UK what I can't get here. Too much risk of some random charges.

Amazon UK is the exception as they have that stuff sorted out.

Surprising what you can find on eBay UK but with the location set to EU too. Seems to be a lot of sellers in the Baltic's for auto stuff
thats the thing though, kind of after custom stuff. few more bits and pieces really from the UK from what i can gather. rest of the stuff i want will be pretty much from here if i could get it reasonably

The whole lot was done through hobbs transport in cork it was my first time using them Wilson hobbs is a owner operator and in fairness was top notch. i had to go back 3 times with the invoice until they were happy that they wouldn't be stopped coming in.my usual guys didn't want to know about it when I mentioned sh parts and quoted accordingly.
Hi, trying to contact Wilson Hobbs but to no avail. Do you have a mobile number.
TIA.

In general is there a lot less tractors coming in from the Uk to Southern Ireland at them moment?
Are the coming more from France etc now?

Back