Landini tractors

Check the studs marked 24 in the diagram for tightness. If loose take some of the weight off the wheel by jacking before torquing. Don't lift the wheel off the ground.

Are the brakes smooth? Not binding or jerky.

We had similar issues but I'd rather not discuss it now as my BP is a bit raised atm.

View attachment 126091
Hi,

Thanks for your help,
The studs are all tight,

The breaks would put ye out the windscreen if ye touched them.

Thanks

FPT engine manual shuttle, not sure about lift. Tyres 50%

My biggest issue is very poor landini back up this region, and the 2 nearest dealers if you didn't buy off them you're treated like dirt.

I wouldn't have thought there'd be much that a good local garage couldn't do with a straightforward tractor like that.

Lots of Landini parts would need to be ordered in any case so there probably wouldn't be much difference between ordering a part from a local garage or one elsewhere in the country.

The one time I got a part from Ryalls in Watergrasshill I found them good to deal with.

FPT engine manual shuttle, not sure about lift. Tyres 50%

My biggest issue is very poor landini back up this region, and the 2 nearest dealers if you didn't buy off them you're treated like dirt.

I wouldn't be afraid of it. I will say they are a lighter 6 cylinder tractor say compared to a T6080 NH. Might be no bad thing in your case.

On the dealers I can't help there but to me that's cutting off your nose to spite you - them not you. Surely half a cake (parts etc) be better than no cake.

I had to change the crown wheel in the front axle of the 9880 not long after getting it. Didn't catch the wear in the center pivot in time, shaft was running out of line. It was half the price from John Conaty that it was with the main dealer.

On the dealers I can't help there but to me that's cutting off your nose to spite you - them not you. Surely half a cake (parts etc) be better than no cake.
Ironically, a follow I know who used to work in a large local main dealership told me that the parts counter was about 4 times more profitable than the workshop and the sales combined.
Just think about it, selling a new machine leads to a trade in and so on.
The facilities required to run a workshop are enormous, plus a van, a phone and clean overalls for each mechanic.
The person behind the parts counter can shift thousands of euros worth of stuff every hour, if the place is well run and orders in the correct items for stock, this can be very profitable.

Ironically, a follow I know who used to work in a large local main dealership told me that the parts counter was about 4 times more profitable than the workshop and the sales combined.
Just think about it, selling a new machine leads to a trade in and so on.
The facilities required to run a workshop are enormous, plus a van, a phone and clean overalls for each mechanic.
The person behind the parts counter can shift thousands of euros worth of stuff every hour, if the place is well run and orders in the correct items for stock, this can be very profitable.

Heard before that the rule was 3 equal proportions for sales, parts and workshop.

The other side of what you say is that there could be a lot of money tied up very quickly in parts and they could go obsolete quickly.

Heard before that the rule was 3 equal proportions for sales, parts and workshop.

The other side of what you say is that there could be a lot of money tied up very quickly in parts and they could go obsolete quickly.
There's a good friend of mine is a storeman in a former New Holland, now Case dealer in Longford. He is probably known to some of the forum members, an absolute gentleman and gifted at his job. I worked there in the summer as a teenager. He started in 1983 I think, and said there's a few bits on the shelves for New Holland square balers that are there longer than him.

There's a good friend of mine is a storeman in a former New Holland, now Case dealer in Longford. He is probably known to some of the forum members, an absolute gentleman and gifted at his job. I worked there in the summer as a teenager. He started in 1983 I think, and said there's a few bits on the shelves for New Holland square balers that are there longer than him.
Barry

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/for-parts-mccormick-x7-650/36849544 thats the very same as a landini 7 series isn't it? 8yr old tractor having to be scrapped doesn't really speak much about reliability of them newer yokes?
To me it looks like the plastic dripped inside where it melted, fire damage?

Screenshot_2024-04-27-21-37-57-283_ie.donedeal.android.jpg
That being said, many new Landinis have a lot of McCormick bits and I don't like that. Remind me too much of an International we had. Not a great tractor.

The smaller ones seem to have kept more Landini DNA

There are 3 turf cutting outfits locally. 2 proper outfits and my little pygmy operation. I'd be friendly enough with the other 2.

One of them ran a number of Landinis down through the years and got on fairly well with all of them I believe, doing all forms of contracting. They had two McCormick's and I think both of them burned, I know one certainly did.

Hi All

I am looking at buying a powerfarm 95, 2007 with about 3k hours....she has a Rossmore fl60 loader....

If anyone here has a powerfarm 95 ye might let me know what ye think of them...

Also grateful if anyone could tell me what to lookout for or check when buying a powerfarm 95...

Thanks in advance.....

Hi All

I am looking at buying a powerfarm 95, 2007 with about 3k hours....she has a Rossmore fl60 loader....

Also grateful if anyone could tell me what to lookout for or check when buying a powerfarm 95...

Thanks in advance.....

@Tim818 ??

Hi All

Thanks in advance.....
We've a 2005 Powerfarm 95 with Q750 loader. Grand stockman's tractor for our needs topping, tedding, fert etc. Might be a bit light in the rear. Not the fastest on the road below 30. Bought in 2017. No big faults to date, touch wood. Odd electrical niggle.
Edit
Could do with AC. Lot of glass and can get very warm in the cab on a sunny day.

We've a 2005 Powerfarm 95 with Q750 loader. Grand stockman's tractor for our needs topping, tedding, fert etc. Might be a bit light in the rear. Not the fastest on the road below 30. Bought in 2017. No big faults to date, touch wood. Odd electrical niggle.
Edit
Could do with AC. Lot of glass and can get very warm in the cab on a sunny day.
Hi Burdizzo...I thought they would have been 40k on the road...are they only 30k...?
Any concerns about rust...?

Thanks

Hi Burdizzo...I thought they would have been 40k on the road...are they only 30k...?
Any concerns about rust...?

Thanks
Well pulling an empty 12 x 6 and loader on (haven't time), ours is 30k. Maybe downhill, no loader and nothing behind she'd get 40! Wheels could do with being repainted but that's poop related. Nothing bad rust wise elsewhere, must have a proper look.
Edit, not including loader re rust 20240420_194228.jpg

Well pulling an empty 12 x 6 and loader on (haven't time), ours is 30k. Maybe downhill, no loader and nothing behind she'd get 40! Wheels could do with being repainted but that's poop related. Nothing bad rust wise elsewhere, must have a proper look.
Edit, not including loader re rust View attachment 137144
Thanks again for the reply and pic Burdizzo.....I like the fact that they are mechanical with few electrics ..pretty much a basic stockmans tractor which is what we need....I will check out the road speed......saw two older Massey's...rust on the roof in both...

I never had a powerfarm, just 2 visions and a blizzard 85 before them. Apparently the powerfarm had a very similar chassis to the blizzard? The powerfarms were much too light for me anyways, 2bh even the vision was definitely too light also for big silage bales. But in terms of reliability etc, any of them manual gear visions or powerfarms really didn't have much to go wrong with, simple Perkins engine, very little electrics. The blizzard and 1st vision we had here we put best part of 8 or 9k hours on each and only major mechanical issues was a clutch on each.

Back