Low roof loader tractor

gone

Did you try the weight with the trailer on yet
I tried, but his trailer has the pipes coming out of a stand about 40cm above the drawbar, so that shot that idea, but I think you were right and I will need to lower pins, or raise the weights, if I could put the weight on upside down it would be a massive help.

lough

I tried, but his trailer has the pipes coming out of a stand about 40cm above the drawbar, so that shot that idea, but I think you were right and I will need to lower pins, or raise the weights, if I could put the weight on upside down it would be a massive help.
If you could mount them up higher like in the video below at 1.24

gone

The weight is working fine, but it is a bastard of a job to plug in the pipes and lights. Would it be mad to set up extensions to the back of weight and plug into them? It would mean that the pipes would have to move a good bit while turning, but I think there should be enough play.
IMG_20220119_174233.jpgIMG_20220119_174239.jpgIMG_20220119_174250.jpgIMG_20220119_174307.jpg

drew

The weight is working fine, but it is a bastard of a job to plug in the pipes and lights. Would it be mad to set up extensions to the back of weight and plug into them? It would mean that the pipes would have to move a good bit while turning, but I think there should be enough play.
It’s not mad if it makes it easier!!
Could you put a short swing arm off the top link mount on it with a plate for the various coupling on it then so as you turn it can swing left or right? Maybe not needed but if the pipes or lights are getting it tight it would just help a bit, maybe even if it could only travel 45degrees to either side and possibly a soft bungee to hold it centred until the pull comes on it

gone

It’s not mad if it makes it easier!!
Could you put a short swing arm off the top link mount on it with a plate for the various coupling on it then so as you turn it can swing left or right? Maybe not needed but if the pipes or lights are getting it tight it would just help a bit, maybe even if it could only travel 45degrees to either side and possibly a soft bungee to hold it centred until the pull comes on it
I think you are right, might try something like that. :thumbup1:

slurryboy

I think you are right, might try something like that. :thumbup1:
Shouldn't need anything like that if you fit the weight with couplings in the centre will be swinging out to the sides as you turn but it's set back a fair way, easy enough to see put trailer on full lock and see where pipes reach to. If weight is staying on most of the time the definitely easier with it plugged in and couplers on it for the trailer

lough

View attachment 102127View attachment 102128View attachment 102129View attachment 102130
When you would be turning a corner, what clearance would there be between the lift arm and the drawbar of the trailer, there looks to be a good clearance or it the photo deceiving