Massey Ferguson

The pumps on those Perkins are very vulnerable to damage due to lack of lubrication in modern ULSD, Denmark is using ULSD a lot longer than we are so it wouldn't surprise me that the pump was done. I always add 2 stroke oil when filling the 4345 here to try add a bit of lub to the ULSD.
That doesn't rule out bad maintenance, if I was looking at it I would ask could I remove the gauze filters in the lift pump and the injector pump to see if it was dirt that killed the pump, be careful removing the filter in the injector pump there is a very important spring in under it.
The tractor looks to a Dynashift?????? which should be less power hungry and a lot of people prefer, they are a bit under powered and with the snoopy nose it can be more inclined to overheat, but if kept clean that shouldn't be an issue.

He looked at it. Says it's not as clean as the pictures portray. It had a good bit of paint work done. He is pricing a hitch for it but says that it could come into €2 k to have it fitted and all. It's still only 95hp. He is looking for something for the tanker, so it might be better to go to something 110 or 125hp and a bit heavier. Mind not made up yet but I doubt it.

Lovely tractor @Mf240 , will you be washing it as often as the 5455…!!!!

She got her first proper wash yesterday. I left It over for a service and a tidy up. They power washed it and even washed out the cab. I've it 12 years next month and it's the first proper clean out the cab got. It was always serviced by the book though . Every 400 hours since new I'd say it will clean up well although loader is very faded

Cleaned up ok for 12 years on a dairy farm20200715_175825.jpg 20200715_175816.jpg 20200715_175815.jpg 20200715_175805.jpg 20200715_175801.jpg

How can you trust it is a good one? The late ones are superb tractors and great value especially the 6190's. The 6150/6170 were often the least reliable ones

Going on that reg I think that is one of the later ones anyway. Others will know more about the mechanics of them!

@kverneland es 80 would be one in the know!

Last edited:
Just catching up here now .I think cfm have a few new old stock hitches for them not dromone tho.however that tractor has electric pre select fwd/rev which gave a lot of trouble on them .there is a kit to convert them to manual shuttle that sorted them

I went the other way and changed to the smaller ones their on their 3rd tractor now. talking about prices ,a mirror arm for the 5470 100 + quid locally 61 from Conatay and 41 from Kramp through the local CASE IH dealer.

Last edited:
Back