Massey Ferguson

The Tractor Mother Regs had the Air brakes on trailers applying too little pressure, so the tractor was doing too much of the braking.
Most of mechanics were trying to blame the trailers, but he just came in and reset the pressure and sorted the issue, no messing.
Was it just your tractor or does all new MF's do it

Was it just your tractor or does all new MF's do it
All tractors sold in the EU after the 1st Jan '18 have to meet Tractor Mother Regs, there are many different ways to meet them.
The Air braking regs have changed the way trailer brakes are applied, but MF seem to have been very prone to being set way too low, but it is not exclusively a MF problem.

All tractors sold in the EU after the 1st Jan '18 have to meet Tractor Mother Regs, there are many different ways to meet them.
The Air braking regs have changed the way trailer brakes are applied, but MF seem to have been very prone to being set way too low, but it is not exclusively a MF problem.
Not MF but I drove a JD 6175M the other day with a tandem axle trailer, nearly got put through the windscreen at the first touch of the brake, all or nothing feel to the pedal.

Not MF but I drove a JD 6175M the other day with a tandem axle trailer, nearly got put through the windscreen at the first touch of the brake, all or nothing feel to the pedal.
That was what the TMR were supposed to prevent, and when they are well set it leaves a good tractor and good trailer very nice to drive.

Be interesting to know the new price of that compared to a new 720 fendt,I know a 3400hr 720 would be £20k more 2nd hand.
When did the joystick come in for Massey's? Those are probably the true comparitive model.
That Massey looks good value to me though, I put a few hundred hours on an identical one 5 years ago and it was an extremely capable tractor. I was very impressed. A little wavy on the road without a weight on the front though

When did the joystick come in for Massey's? Those are probably the true comparitive model.
That Massey looks good value to me though, I put a few hundred hours on an identical one 5 years ago and it was an extremely capable tractor. I was very impressed. A little wavy on the road without a weight on the front though
I thought the one I looked at in 14 had the joystick,might be wrong but I do know the man standing by it from agco knew a lot less than me,unimpressed I bought a fendt 720.

Lads are after clean examples of those tractors now and more so because clean ones are scarce with rot having a lot of them well past there best. Just look at the daft money tidy 390's and 399's are making now.

Does anyone know by any chance if a set of rims off a 5600 series massey will go straight onto a 300 series. Seller has given me hole centres but I'm not sure how accurate he measured them.... They have removable centres so I can get new ones made but obviously would rather not have hassle/expense.

Lads are after clean examples of those tractors now and more so because clean ones are scarce with rot having a lot of them well past there best. Just look at the daft money tidy 390's and 399's are making now.
same can be said for any tractor at this point. my old man went to england for the week to go to some farm auctions with a friend of his. came across a clean looking mf 6290. hours unknown, tyres were bald, no front sus. bog standard 62 series but made 25k sterling. one of the locals mentioned it shouldnt even make 20k sterling

Does anyone know by any chance if a set of rims off a 5600 series massey will go straight onto a 300 series. Seller has given me hole centres but I'm not sure how accurate he measured them.... They have removable centres so I can get new ones made but obviously would rather not have hassle/expense.
In general yes for the rear rims anyway they can, they will probably be at a different width, but will fit, I also don't know if one rim has countersunk nuts, but that can easily be got around.
I can't remember what front rims were on a MF 300 series 4wd

In general yes for the rear rims anyway they can, they will probably be at a different width, but will fit, I also don't know if one rim has countersunk nuts, but that can easily be got around.
I can't remember what front rims were on a MF 300 series 4wd
Later ones after 94 were 8 stud and should be ok .

Back