Recommend a printer

You would think there is no need/advantage to spending more on a laser type for speed/reliability?
It's hard to say. We were tired of buying printers - we had bought 3 in 10 years that had basically given up due to lack of use. When we went looking for something that would be suitable for occasional use and had cheap ink, the smart tank was the result. If it lasts for another year, it will have outdone our average printer life.

@muckymanor how is the tank printer going now?
The last printer I inherited has died so it's time to invest
I don't mind spending a few hundred for reliability

@muckymanor how is the tank printer going now?
The last printer I inherited has died so it's time to invest
I don't mind spending a few hundred for reliability
I would really recommend it. The savings that you will have on ink will pay for it in a very short time. My Mrs has used it quite a bit in the last 12 months for both printing and copying. Daughter is in secondary school now and using it almost every day too. On the second bottle of black ink and only half of the first fill of coloured ink used yet. Good quality scanner in it. Can print of my mobile phone too.

I would really recommend it. The savings that you will have on ink will pay for it in a very short time. My Mrs has used it quite a bit in the last 12 months for both printing and copying. Daughter is in secondary school now and using it almost every day too. On the second bottle of black ink and only half of the first fill of coloured ink used yet. Good quality scanner in it. Can print of my mobile phone too.
Bought a cannon tank printer (G6050) in Harvey Norman Black Friday sale last year after reading mucky’s reviews on tank printers, it’s been brilliant, connects to my phone aswell, probably saved it’s value already on buying over priced cartridges for my old printer. Cost less than 300 with the vat off was about 240.

It's an inkjet but doesn't use ink cartridges. The problem with inkjet isn't that ink dries in the nozzles but rather where the ink cartridge and printer meet - so technically uou shouldn't have that issue with this one because there's a continuous flow of ink from the tank to the print head - You just pour a bottle of ink into tank.

We have had it a year and the black ink tank is still 3/4 full.

It copies and scans also.
What actual model amd make did you go for @muckymanor

We bought a epson et 2750 about a year and a half ago,think it was just under €300,like mucky,id have it spent on ink for the old printer,do a nice bit of printing on and off and was robbed buying ink for the old one,and I haven’t bought ink for this one yet
Works off phone and laptop,scanning and photocopying

Back