Repairs.....

Not too far from a bang here..

Tractor and trailer seized in Kilkenny ‘with prosecutions to follow’​

AgriLand Team Profile Picture
AgriLand Team

Jan 27, 2021, 10:43am
Tractor and trailer seized in Kilkenny ‘with prosecutions to follow’Image source: Garda Síochána Kilkenny Carlow
A tractor and trailer were seized by members of An Garda Síochána in Co. Kilkenny this week for a number of issues, with Gardaí warning that “prosecutions are to follow”.
The tractor and trailer were brought to a halt by Kilkenny-based Gardaí on the Tullaroan Road, which travels not far from the county border with Tipperary border.
In a short post about the incident on social media yesterday evening (Tuesday, January 26), local Gardaí said:
“Kilkenny Roads Policing Unit stopped this dumper trailer being towed by a tractor on the Tullaroan Road today.
Image source: Garda Síochána Kilkenny Carlow
“As can be seen from the pictures the tube was exposed through the tyre. Unusual if the super single was tubed..
It looks like the casing not a tube.

Was trucking up the M42 north of Birmingham one morning when the front drivers side tyre went bang. Wondered what the feck had happened. Took some holding to get over on the hard shoulder.

It looks like the casing not a tube.
It has to be, if it was the tube it would be out in a bubble or burst, I know the lad shouldn't have let it get that bad but the cops calling it the tube shows a lack of knowledge on their part.

Was trucking up the M42 north of Birmingham one morning when the front drivers side tyre went bang. Wondered what the feck had happened. Took some holding to get over on the hard shoulder.
Over here front tyres on trucks aren't allowed to get over 4 yrs old (I think?!? Could be less!) For that very reason.

We were wondering how they do the figuring, can they tell if thevtyre has been on a shelf for a year before fitting!?

Over here front tyres on trucks aren't allowed to get over 4 yrs old (I think?!? Could be less!) For that very reason.

We were wondering how they do the figuring, can they tell if thevtyre has been on a shelf for a year before fitting!?
If the tyre was on the shelf for a year before fitting you probably will only get 3 years use out of it on the truck

There’s a date code on them.
It’s because of a bus crash with old front tyres.

I saw a fresh peterbilt that blew a steer tyre at 75 or 80 mph whole side of bonnet was damaged and rim was buckled. Driver had a full load of cattle on he done well to keep it on d road

Don't know how old it was but it happened over 15 years ago now.

Bloody fan belt went on the Hyundai at 4pm last night,in the semi light I never looked at the pulleys and grabbed the remnants of the belt,came home and saw one on conantys for an older model an 8pk belt,decided on the length I needed and ordered one from the local factors,mrs picked it up at dinner time £28,got to the digger and it’s a wider belt a 12 groove (12pk),anyroad I braved the snow and freezing wind led on my belly and stuck the narrower belt on,dropped my 17mm spanner into the depth of the radiator cowling while fitting it will need a magnetic pick up tool to get it out.
What ever happened to having a normal fan belt? £50 for a new belt I bet it’s double off Hyundai.

Bloody fan belt went on the Hyundai at 4pm last night,in the semi light I never looked at the pulleys and grabbed the remnants of the belt,came home and saw one on conantys for an older model an 8pk belt,decided on the length I needed and ordered one from the local factors,mrs picked it up at dinner time £28,got to the digger and it’s a wider belt a 12 groove (12pk),anyroad I braved the snow and freezing wind led on my belly and stuck the narrower belt on,dropped my 17mm spanner into the depth of the radiator cowling while fitting it will need a magnetic pick up tool to get it out.
What ever happened to having a normal fan belt? £50 for a new belt I bet it’s double off Hyundai.
I know your pain, had to fit a fan belt to a Barford 6 ton dumper a few years back in the snow, the hyd pump is run directly from the crank pulley without a prop shaft between. Trying to crowbar the pump away from the crank to squeeze a belt in then turning each bolt holding the pump on one flat at a time. Then realized that they’d given me the wrong belt. The old one was in smithereens so couldn’t be checked first.

Oil seal on output shaft went on the Volvo a couple of weeks back,I mended it on Sunday while a bit hungover,had to use my homemade slide hammer.7B401766-2337-4BCD-911B-C2CB35E2DCC7.jpeg
Lower hub bearing has failed on the newest loadall,can’t get the lower trunnion to shift,snapped my chisel🙁 inner oil seal has also failed on the hub so doing that at the same time,one thing with JCB the parts are cheap,might butcher the lower trunnion because there only £22.ACE2A657-2FF6-4910-90A2-EEABB09AB96C.jpeg

Made a right balls this morning,drain jetter parked in front of the diesel bowser so took a 50g barrel of diesel to fill the Hyundai,for some stupid reason you have to have the digger key switched on for the self fill pump to work,anyroad I started it to let it warm while I pumped the fuel in,got filled up and and the digger stopped👎 The drum I used has been full in the yard for over 12 months as we pumped it out of the Volvo last spring when the fuel pick up pipe was giving bother,I never checked to see if any water had got in and there must have been a couple of gallons 🤬🤬🤬

I changed the filters,drained as much water as possible from the tank then filled the fine filter with stanadyne additive,I turned it over with the fuel shut of switch turned off for a few bursts then she fired up,bit of white smoke but I’m thinking maybe the sensor on the filter shut the engine off??

Lost all day messing with it and hopefully it will be ok,commonrail engines aren’t fond of water,you live and learn.🙄

Bought a new welding mask,used it for the 1st time today.🥰

Pinion shaft on the rear diff has given up on the weidemann 🤬☹️ 4200hrs serviced on the dot,not sure how a hydrostatic transmission could chip a tooth or do so much damage,something didn’t feel right and I thought it was a prop uj,dropped the oil to find a lot of fillings.👎2857D680-257C-4C5C-9DF8-C583C094E450.jpegEFDB56F4-CF39-47F4-9E4A-BC250F8BD9C6.jpega bit of straw blowing about today is the least of my worries,hired a bobcat and it’s reaffirmed I hate the feckin things,have dragged the industrial fergy out of the shed to scrape out and made an adapter plate for the loadall so I can use the ag dispenser,not ideal as loadalls are huge in cubicle sheds,bobcat hired for a week so I’ll clean out some calf pens while it’s here.

Back