Repairs.....

Try AOL precision engineering in Gorteen Sligo, they might be able to make it, I remember being with a guy one day and he picked up a drive gear in it for the slew ring on a 4 ton Hitachi, they made it from scratch.
I don't know anything about them apart from that, there is a few members here closer to them than me, they might know more

I wonder could a foundary cast a part for you.
Build the old one into shape as instructed in the above video. Then use it to make a mould?

Presuming such steels can be cast at a factory that is!
Or would a casting not be accurate enough?
You mean the broken gear above? It would be way too rough as a casting and a lot weaker than a machined shaft.

Blanks for machining are normally forged rather than cast

You mean the broken gear above? It would be way too rough as a casting and a lot weaker than a machined shaft.

Blanks for machining are normally forged rather than cast
See what you mean.
I was watching a vid of some break disks being cast in India.
You can imagine the health and safety codes were bang up to scratch!😅

Give it a few years and 3d metal printing will be common 👌
Common already, we have components for use inside the heart 3D metal printed in work, in the next 5 years you’ll be able to custom order a heart valve etc to your exact heart sizes, it’s used a lot in complex injection mould making as well massively reduces cost

Common already, we have components for use inside the heart 3D metal printed in work, in the next 5 years you’ll be able to custom order a heart valve etc to your exact heart sizes, it’s used a lot in complex injection mould making as well massively reduces cost
Nifty👌

Pin came of the sway ram on the oldest loadall,good job the boom was down,ended up with other loadall pushing the boom to get the ram back in position,then went to start the 7485 and it wouldn’t start,jumped it only to find the bloody fan belt has almost disappeared,oddball size because it’s got air brakes,had to unhitch the reeler and dribblebar so I can spread tomorrow.

Seal on the hydraulic feeder pump for the umbilical pump failed today,not sure why it keeps failing,worked fine for the last 12 months then failed twice in the last 6 weeks.🤬

• Sad
Reactions: AYF
Pin came of the sway ram on the oldest loadall,good job the boom was down,ended up with other loadall pushing the boom to get the ram back in position,then went to start the 7485 and it wouldn’t start,jumped it only to find the bloody fan belt has almost disappeared,oddball size because it’s got air brakes,had to unhitch the reeler and dribblebar so I can spread tomorrow.
6941C74A-7F88-48CA-B2E0-2FE68C19A6B6.jpeg
Took the radiator off the 6800 for repair,will be January before he does it,I’m two tractors down at the minute.

Back