Restoration/ Refurbs

Have a quick question. Anyone know of any mb trac1500s still in the country. The uncle was on about the one he used to drive back in the day for Alan McCartney but he reckons it's been scrapped or exported like the 180-90s that used to knock around here. Would be interested to see if it's still about or how many were brought into the country in the first place. It Would be a meath reg.

Last edited:
Have a quick question. Anyone know of any mb trac1500s still in the country. The uncle was on about the one he used to drive back in the day for Alan McCartney but he reckons it's been scrapped or exported like the 180-90s that used to knock around here. Would be interested to see if it's still about or how many were brought into the country in the first place. It Would be a meath reg.
Man in Kerry has 1 I think. Seen him before on a grassmen vid with a fleet of tracks. Another with the mogeely vintage crowd. Seen a few at some of the tractor runs down here. Not that common of a tractor yet not that rare either

Man in Kerry has 1 I think. Seen him before on a grassmen vid with a fleet of tracks. Another with the mogeely vintage crowd. Seen a few at some of the tractor runs down here. Not that common of a tractor yet not that rare either
Know this one had a front linkage and pto as it was used to run a from mounted and side mounted mower. Was meant to be a serious tractor at the time. Used to do a bit of cutting up at Dublin airport too.

They are all gone now. He sold them all to some guy in Germany.

The whole lot? Twas some fleet.
I've heard of another man some part of kerry with a few of them parked in a shed. and a doppstad too I believe.
Yes. The 1500 was bought new by his uncle for front and rear mowers but didnt seem to work out and was sold off
This lad found it many years later and bought it back

Surehaul between Cahir and Clonmel were Deutz dealers, probably sold a few MB tracks too as they had them on show, sell only commercials now.
That could be where mc Cartneys one came from. Know they originally intended on getting a 3090 but somehow ended up buying the 1500. Used to run a fleet of masseys along side it.

Surehaul between Cahir and Clonmel were Deutz dealers, probably sold a few MB tracks too as they had them on show, sell only commercials now.
The family involved ran a couple of MB Tracs on their own farm, to the best of my knowledge they're all gone as I looked at the last one about 15 years ago but bought a new Deutz instead

Started stripping down the 685. From the looks of things as a result of the loader the bonnets never been off. Your man we bought it off recons the air filter hasn't been changed on it since it was got nearly 40 years ago.20210423_154546.jpg20210423_154318.jpg

Attachments

• 20210423_154546.jpg
    20210423_154546.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 18
Had to replace seals on the 885xl here because I didnt realise it needed hy tran oil when we got it and I used universal. It's fierce expensive stuff from the dealer but anything is better than rooting at those seals again. Got a cheaper alternative from Denby's a while back.

Back