Small scale lime spreading

Looking for an even smaller scale lime spreading idea!

Going to be using a lot of Hydrated lime in the lambing pens from now on.

Spreading by hand is horrible dirty work, and not the most accurate, a bag goes nowhere chucking it out with a scoop.

Anyone seen a good idea for this?
That can meter the lime out to an extent?

Spreading by hand is horrible dirty work, and not the most accurate, a bag goes nowhere chucking it out with a scoop.

check your messanger

Reactions: AYF

Now isn’t that a clever idea, ideal for small scale horticulture?
I think the intended use is liming cubicle beds but would work for horticulture scale too I’d say.

Lidl have a battery Powered garden fertiliser spreader sometimes which may also work @AYF

It's actually due in this thursday 22nd.
I'd say it's too small to be much use unless doing a tiny area. Lime might wreck it quick enough too. Perhaps worth a look at tho in store.

I think the intended use is liming cubicle beds but would work for horticulture scale too I’d say.

Lidl have a battery Powered garden fertiliser spreader sometimes which may also work @AYF

Does lime make your field soft ? were in the nw of scotland peaty rash shitey fields , just trying to improve the grazing for the lassies horse?
don't want to get the tractor bogged LOL

@muckymanor

I’m not sure if you ever got sorted, but this is for sale in the ballymena mart monthly auction and I thought of this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_8765.png
    IMG_8765.png
    459.5 KB · Views: 70
I think Contractors would spread low rates of lime if there was a different price structure rather than by the tonne .

Back