Todays Photo

Ill take a pic of the wet parts of our land this evening for a bit of balance 😅
Not all sunshine and Roses unfortunately

A man was walking a farm that was for sale, a wet enough place, anyhow when he finished he said " thats not land at all, its just an address youd be buying"
I've walked a lot of land over the last few years and one place stood out for the wrong reasons. It had been raining for the previous days. The estate agent was singing the praises of how good the land was and how it would be worth so much, so much so that the price had gone up 16% since I enquired about it on the phone. I said that's grand, I'll walk it now after having a good look at the yard etc. As it was still raining, he said it would be better to come back another day to walk the land. Nonsense says I, let's walk it now. We got so far down the first field and he nearly lost his welly. After that I said that there would likely be a good bit of room for negotiation and he replied that there certainly would be :laugh:

View attachment 86879
The cover crop is holding up well in tough weather conditions. It's been a great saver on straw this year as its scarce and a couple of bales of silage a week leaves them easy kept. They are in right form today after shaking off the rain, even a bit of skipping and jumping which was great to see but probably not ideal for tender ground conditions.

There's one thing missing, where's the round feeder with the muck!!!

View attachment 86921
View attachment 86922

@Bogman Will a little light water logging have any yield impact on this years banana crop?

@scoffcruddle @AYF the ground in these fields is still dry if we could only get at it

You are getting ready to mow the silage there!!

Ground where I am would be particularly wet at the wrong times of year.

One lad up the road from me was ranting and raving about such a field got so many bales and it was great land in the pub.

The response he got was along the lines of come back during the winter, its not land its more like a water treatment plant

Back