Valtra Valmet

lough

There is a thread for most other so I thought I would start a thread for these fine Finns, some people seem to love them, others seem to hate them.:fight:

I always liked the Mezzo range and would like to have a 6400 in Metallic Blue someday

44.jpg

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 86
would like a 6800 myself but doubt they will be better than the 7740 for loader work which is the main use. cant fault our 8400 valmet

Had a 8050 . Not sure what hp was meant to be but most likely tweaked. Was a real animal to pull. Front air suspension gave a good ride. Low seating annoyed some but didnt bother me. 2 speed pto is archaic though.
Probably should have kept it really.

Bought a new N141 Hi-tec in 2010,great pulling tractor let down by piss poor brakes,shocking range change (stiff and had to stop to change) and a poor dealer,dealer has since lost the franchise and I haven't seen a new one in the locality for 6 or 7 years.

They gained a reputation for simple reliable tractors that have now become all singing all dancing models and I'm not really sure Agco know where to pitch them,are they a premium brand?

I worked with a Valtra dealer for a number of years. Generally seem a tough tractor, some hardy operators have them, changed brands and came back again.

The older models could be bouncy on the road, but the air suspension option made a great job of them. Great engines well capable of 20k hrs when serviced correctly.

A late 6850 HiTec with air suspension would be a fantastic machine if I could find one without huge hours.

Good few valtra tractors starting to appear around here. Nothing like mf or Ford but compared to only a few years ago they are gaining ground. Anyone with them are happy and have stuck with them when changing. Local contractor had them and went to jd but went back to valtra again. Front suspension ones are very comfy and in the main are a nice place to spend the day. Higher hp models from about the T140 up can suffer with gearbox issues if doing heavy draft work like ploughing as I found out. 4th medium is the one to use for this work. If anyone is buying 2nd hand it's simple to check the gears. In first just rest your hand against the gear stick and if it has the slightest shake or rattle run away. However I wouldn't be put off by this. I think all new tractors are giving gearbox trouble at some point.

Had a 8050 . Not sure what hp was meant to be but most likely tweaked. Was a real animal to pull. Front air suspension gave a good ride. Low seating annoyed some but didnt bother me. 2 speed pto is archaic though.
Probably should have kept it really.

An 8050 should be around 110hp but as you say not many are!!

Valtra were very popular around here but that ended when the local dealership closed down. I can't remember when I saw a new one around here to be honest and certainly not a 3 or 4 series.

There's a Valtra dealer new to the island.
Lot of lads seem happy enough with them.
I was keen on a demo last time we changed loader tractors but a good deal came up on the JD so...

Tidy older 6400, don't see them in white often
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/valtra-valmet-6400/19266403

NDI5NDU2ZTA1MTY3YjczY2IxMWQwYjliNmMwZTRkYjLPemP4o3UyY8kB1kBy4PzJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDUwMzY2Nzh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Around that alright, didn't think Valtra Valmet came till around 1997 :confused3:

id say u are right our 8400 is late 1995 and is a crossover of 00 and 50series from what we can gather. has the flatter air breather and a few other minor differences from pure 00 series that aren't noticeable from outside. 1993-95 would be about right.

Valmet were selling here in 1995 or maybe 1994, a local man took on the job of getting them going in Ireland, Clarkes sold a good few around here, we had a demo of a 6600 in the spring of 1995.
It was blue and well opened up.
We didn't buy one then, but we did buy later in 1998. A good tractor.

Valmet were selling here in 1995 or maybe 1994, a local man took on the job of getting them going in Ireland, Clarkes sold a good few around here, we had a demo of a 6600 in the spring of 1995.
It was blue and well opened up.
We didn't buy one then, but we did buy later in 1998. A good tractor.
What was the story with that?
Crowenstown was their address iirc.
Was he the original importer?
Is there an Irish importer now?

Back