Video camera camcorder

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5636431/Trail/searchtext>GO+PRO+.htm

Anywhere local to me seem to only be carrying the go pro.the local expert told me he has the hero 3 ands has had no trouble with it a lorry even drove over it.what you think GH should I chance it and go for a 3 I know the trouble u have had with yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Worth a try John. They can't all be lemons. The better sound from the 3 would be a big plus for you

The problem you describe sounds like a wifi problem in the camera could be config - The remote is actually a wifi remote so it has to be paired - I presume you followed their pairing guide online -it is a bit cumbersome.

If it doesn't work then chances are the Samsung phone cant pair either with your camera.

Anyway if you really are at wits end and not in a hurry I'll have a go at figuring it out and send it back to you. But the warning is it could lie here for a good while depending what's on.

Not looking for anything just love the bit of figuring out the technology!

Pm me if you want to try that.

I bought a go pro hero 3 here not that long ago, bought it just as another gadget to have, nothing else really, great bit of kit but had awful trouble getting it to work with the phone too.
I installed and uninstalled the app a load of times but no better. Eventually figured out the problem was sort of with the phone settings.
To get it to work with the phone you need to switch your mobile data and 3G all off,
I don't know what difference these changes makes behind the scenes but it makes the camera and phone pair through wifi and you can then stream and control the camera live through the phone.

What are the Canon camcorders like in low light?

Reasonably good, but in night time situations I find they suffer when videoing machines especially when the headlights are not fully lighting the foreground.Nothing that would make me change away from them though

Gonna buy a go pro on the sales next week.Can get the hero 3 black edition with a memory card for 400 I think anyone get one for Xmas

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Gonna buy a go pro on the sales next week.Can get the hero 3 black edition with a memory card for 400 I think anyone get one for Xmas

yep, got a 3+ black one.
first time user.
omg, its got talent.
serious picture off it.
bought a lump of accessories for it when i was at it, well, i got the camera as a gift, altho it wasnt a one way street, if only.

bought it off this lad, highly recommend him, john.
http://www.promotioncams.com/

cant be sure if he is going to be having a sale tho.
i got 10% off my order, iirc thats still running.
tbh, i wouldnt think there will be much of a sale on gopros in the new year, they have it pretty well sewn up.

im only really starting to mess about with it, but i know one thing, for the size of it, and the versatility of it, i wouldnt be buying a cam corder.
i bought one of them 3 years ago and it didnt see daylight yet.

The battery is ment to be poor on it is it.the camera and a few bits with it in Argos is €339 I think.
Memory card is 60.then you need to buy the battery pack for it I'd imagine if the battery life is poor on it.
I'm thinking about the silver or maybe just get a go pro 2 cause they seem to have great reviews

The battery is ment to be poor on it is it.the camera and a few bits with it in Argos is €339 I think.
Memory card is 60.then you need to buy the battery pack for it I'd imagine if the battery life is poor on it.
I'm thinking about the silver or maybe just get a go pro 2 cause they seem to have great reviews

thats the hero3 tho, not the plus.

Right.and you got the plus you did.
There's a surf model aswell?

there is, but im not into surfing.
i went for the rally version.
tbh, any reviews of the 3+ black i read people were very happy with them.
i havnt used it much on its own yet, its tied into something else here for now.
i bought a 32kb san disk for it, sandisk because it would rather them over any other disc i believe.
but its good for 2hrs and 15 mins on 1080 high resolution, which isnt bad at all.
i reduced it to 720 high to see for a bit now, but its a bit wet today to be trying it out.

i do like the accessories, they are well made, and every base has been covered.
this might be the next purchase.
http://www.genustech.tv/products/gopro-cage

there is, but im not into surfing.
i went for the rally version.
tbh, any reviews of the 3+ black i read people were very happy with them.
i havnt used it much on its own yet, its tied into something else here for now.
i bought a 32kb san disk for it, sandisk because it would rather them over any other disc i believe.
but its good for 2hrs and 15 mins on 1080 high resolution, which isnt bad at all.
i reduced it to 720 high to see for a bit now, but its a bit wet today to be trying it out.

i do like the accessories, they are well made, and every base has been covered.
this might be the next purchase.
http://www.genustech.tv/products/gopro-cage

Looks good.
Is the plus much more expensive than the 3.
I can't find any plus on the shops I'm looking in.
I want to buy it local so I can bring it back if there's any bother with it.
Is there a magnetic mount available or are you gonna fabricate your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Looks good.
Is the plus much more expensive than the 3.
I can't find any plus on the shops I'm looking in.
I want to buy it local so I can bring it back if there's any bother with it.
Is there a magnetic mount available or are you gonna fabricate your own.

there is the possibility that the very first 3+ black's could have issues, but i cant say for sure.
what i do know is i made sure the camera i got was new stock.

now, its up to yourself, but the link i gave you earlier, thats about as good as it gets tbh, i looked in a lot of places to find one at the right money.
like i say, i cant be sure if he is still doing the 10% thing, but if he is, then i dont think your going to buy a whole pile cheaper.
and he dose 2 yrs warranty on them.
he is mostly mail order only, but i called to a counter to pick mine up.

i dont see a decent mag mount out there for them, so in time ill make my own, for now, this is some of the stuff i got.

i went for the manfrotto clamp, looks extremely universal, it will hold 15kgs, so i doubt the camera will be any bother.:D

as to the price difference,
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1418749.htm
http://www.promotioncams.com/action-cameras-c1/cameras-c3/gopro-gopro-hero3-black-edition-p416
if there was still 10%, it id make it a no brainer.

Attachments

• IMAG2061.jpg
    IMAG2061.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 24
there is the possibility that the very first 3+ black's could have issues, but i cant say for sure.
what i do know is i made sure the camera i got was new stock.

now, its up to yourself, but the link i gave you earlier, thats about as good as it gets tbh, i looked in a lot of places to find one at the right money.
like i say, i cant be sure if he is still doing the 10% thing, but if he is, then i dont think your going to buy a whole pile cheaper.
and he dose 2 yrs warranty on them.
he is mostly mail order only, but i called to a counter to pick mine up.

i dont see a decent mag mount out there for them, so in time ill make my own, for now, this is some of the stuff i got.

i went for the manfrotto clamp, looks extremely universal, it will hold 15kgs, so i doubt the camera will be any bother.:D

There's a place in gorey bout 20 mins from me a skateboarding place does them but not open for a few days so I can't enquire.
The clamp you go there looks the business alright,I'd be nervous enough about using a vacuum sucker to stick It to a machine it could be gone and you would never find it.
Make sure you post your first vid here for some analysis and criticism.Lol

Suction cups are not great on panels or a painted surface from what I have heard. Good idea to have a bungy cord attached in case it comes off.

Priced the hero3+ silver version for 350 today in place in Dublin.its hundred cheaper than the black nd very little difference.gonna go for that and use the 100 for memory card And a mount.

I'm considering getting a digital camcorder as the DSLR autofocus for video just isn't good enough & I'm getting too much unusable footage, anyone got any recommendations ?

I'm considering getting a digital camcorder as the DSLR autofocus for video just isn't good enough & I'm getting too much unusable footage, anyone got any recommendations ?
I'm currently using a Panasonic HC-VX980 for around the last 15 months and so far its been bullet proof. It does 4K and full HD. Battery life is about 100 minutes per charge and I currently have 2 spares so I don't get caught out. I can also attach microphones to it. Low light performance is also good and their are plenty of manual setting to have a good with as well (even perfected headlights of tractors working at night without blowout of the video)

I'm currently using a Panasonic HC-VX980 for around the last 15 months and so far its been bullet proof. It does 4K and full HD. Battery life is about 100 minutes per charge and I currently have 2 spares so I don't get caught out. I can also attach microphones to it. Low light performance is also good and their are plenty of manual setting to have a good with as well (even perfected headlights of tractors working at night without blowout of the video)

That looks a good bit of kit, I'll do some research on it.
Quick question, does a microphone with a DSLR hot shoe fit or does it have a different attachment method ?

That looks a good bit of kit, I'll do some research on it.
Quick question, does a microphone with a DSLR hot shoe fit or does it have a different attachment method ?
My camcorder has the hot shoe attachment system. I will post pics of it when I get a chance tomorrow.

The Panasonic VX980 is out of stock everywhere online where I looked. It seems camcorders are very hard got at the moment & many stores have given up selling them as mobile phones have killed the market.
Many makes & models currently not available from retailers for the following reason:
Due to a catastrophic fire at one of Panasonic's sub-component suppliers, manufacture of this camera has been susupended. Supplies will be limited for some time after production has restarted, but Panasonic are endevouring to get supply back to normal as quickly as possible.

However I rang Harvey Norman Kinsale Rd this morning on the off chance even though they don't list camcorders on the website as I was going to Cork today, turns out they had one in stock that they put on display just last week. I reserved it & collected it 👍

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, battery currently charging. They hadn't any batteries but Conns have the bigger VBT380 so I'll get one ordered, I also need to get a UV filter to protect the lens & probably a case too or maybe one of my old camera bags will do.

The Panasonic VX980 is out of stock everywhere online where I looked. It seems camcorders are very hard got at the moment & many stores have given up selling them as mobile phones have killed the market.
Many makes & models currently not available from retailers for the following reason:
Due to a catastrophic fire at one of Panasonic's sub-component suppliers, manufacture of this camera has been susupended. Supplies will be limited for some time after production has restarted, but Panasonic are endevouring to get supply back to normal as quickly as possible.

However I rang Harvey Norman Kinsale Rd this morning on the off chance even though they don't list camcorders on the website as I was going to Cork today, turns out they had one in stock that they put on display just last week. I reserved it & collected it 👍

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, battery currently charging. They hadn't any batteries but Conns have the bigger VBT380 so I'll get one ordered, I also need to get a UV filter to protect the lens & probably a case too or maybe one of my old camera bags will do.
Best of luck with it. You are lucky to get it as their is issues with their supply chain due to the issues mentioned. What I really like about it is you can very easily swap between Full HD and 4K.

Back