Volvo dumper

How much life is left in the floor of this trailer do ye think ? Sides look good i think

Attachments

• IMG_20211227_165526.jpg
    IMG_20211227_165526.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 153
I think now with my local man it's 150 for a 4mm thick 8ft x 4ft sheet of steel. I may just double check it.
Iā€™d say youā€™d probably want to go again on that price now tbh! Neighbour got a sheet of 5 or 6mm a while ago, a 13ft sheet ended up cheaper than a 12ft sheet because the 13 was old stock and almost half the price. If I remember rightly it was something like 600 for one but 1100 for the other

It's a trailer I'm looking at to buy, he's asking about 6k, 20 ton chieftain. Hmmm
The floor is badly battered compared to the sides which is strange
check the sides where they meet the floor at the very back for cracks, that is a weak point in the 12 ton
check the frame underneath where the flat floor meets the slope

Iā€™d say youā€™d probably want to go again on that price now tbh! Neighbour got a sheet of 5 or 6mm a while ago, a 13ft sheet ended up cheaper than a 12ft sheet because the 13 was old stock and almost half the price. If I remember rightly it was something like 600 for one but 1100 for the other
I'm not 100% sure. It certainly was no more than 150 euro. Might have been thicker or more in it but it certainly was no more. Yourman is cheap enough on steel. He had a lad from London looking to send out 2 Artics to collect mesh but yourman wouldn't sell it because he wanted to keep it for local lads.

I'm not 100% sure. It certainly was no more than 150 euro. Might have been thicker or more in it but it certainly was no more. Yourman is cheap enough on steel. He had a lad from London looking to send out 2 Artics to collect mesh but yourman wouldn't sell it because he wanted to keep it for local lads.
Any chance of a name and number Meath Massey3 ? Maybe he won't deal with the Tipperary lads šŸ˜Š

@c4l how did you get a closeup photo of the gear going for auction there?
I have been on the website and can only get the Ariel view of the yard. I wouldnā€™t mind having a better look at the grain trailer.
Either scroll toward the bottom, bunch of pics after the Google maps or click on the aerial photo you mentioned at the top, should be able to flick through the photos

Thanks, just hadnā€™t scrolled down enough. Viewing tomorrow too, might give a spin down there. Anyone care to put a value on the Herron grain trailer?

Thanks, just hadnā€™t scrolled down enough. Viewing tomorrow too, might give a spin down there. Anyone care to put a value on the Herron grain trailer?
Would 10k be on the ball? Has silage sides and all. Kane style tailgate where the auto latch is in the floor

Would 10k be on the ball? Has silage sides and all. Kane style tailgate where the auto latch is in the floor
Thanks lads, I would be willing to go that allright. One of my own trailers is in need of a bit of work and I would prefer to upgrade and leave off my own one.
I will definitely go and have a look tomorrow.
A bit surprising the viewing day is so far in advance, he also has the three trailers on DoneDeal, he could hardly sell them ahead of the auction could he?

Thanks lads, I would be willing to go that allright. One of my own trailers is in need of a bit of work and I would prefer to upgrade and leave off my own one.
I will definitely go and have a look tomorrow.
A bit surprising the viewing day is so far in advance, he also has the three trailers on DoneDeal, he could hardly sell them ahead of the auction could he?
Id say he be taking his chances at the auction with them. Me and dad went to look at the digger he has and he said he was going to take it to the auction. If he didnt, dad would have bought it on the spot

We used tip an old twin rammed lorry body with a PTO driven hydraulic pump. It tipped 22 tonnes and was pulled by a 2WD Ford 7600 .
Yourman I'm working for at the minute has one but luckily he had the bennefitt of the 1135 to pull it and tip it. I know it's not a fast tractor but I still wouldn't like to stop it with no trailer brakes. I can only imagine stopping the same size trailer with a 7600.šŸ™ˆ

Back