What are you up to in the workshop?

Started putting it together last April, took over a shed where the original workshop in the place was, there was many an ursus and 7610 split on that floor in times past. The sister have the back section through the doors as an art studio. Got a pellet stove for handy money and that keeps the temperature up.
Very jealous, Serious set up!

Started putting it together last April, took over a shed where the original workshop in the place was, there was many an ursus and 7610 split on that floor in times past. The sister have the back section through the doors as an art studio. Got a pellet stove for handy money and that keeps the temperature up.
Lovely set up, fair play

Savage set up there well laid out. Good few euros spent but a lifetime job. Them rogue plates are serious job. Nice machines in there too the leg press and cable machine are good set up. Im hoping to convert an old stone shed we have into gym . I may give it good wash out and deside best method on hot to insulate the stone walls

Savage set up there well laid out. Good few euros spent but a lifetime job. Them rogue plates are serious job. Nice machines in there too the leg press and cable machine are good set up. Im hoping to convert an old stone shed we have into gym . I may give it good wash out and deside best method on hot to insulate the stone walls
Thanks, it was on the to do list for a long time but covid sped it up, the plan is to put up a bigger insulated shed with a second floor that I can move my pc and camera gear out into and have the bottom floor for the gym, I want to go a bit bigger than what I have, ultimate goal is to have all prime fitness equipment, they're the best stuff going but serious money but like ye said it's a lifetime job. That shed we're in now has the foam sprayed on the roof but it's mass concrete other than that, the stove can keep it up to 19 degrees most evenings, rubber on the floor keeps it snug too, the pallet timber on the walls started kinda by accident but it finishes the place off nice, wish I had staggered the boards now tho but I'll do that in the next one.

I need to re fit a crumbler on our harrow.
I had this bearing on the shelf, which would fit except for the sticky outy collar!
If I cut it off with the grinder would it damage the bearing?
Screenshot_20210308-223347_Gallery.jpg

I had this bearing on the shelf, which would fit except for the sticky outy collar!
View attachment 88583
You'll be doing well not to melt the seal, just get a bearing without the locking collar and put it in that housing.

View attachment 88583
Thin disk and cut a small bit at a time (maybe leave it in the vice and do a bit everytime you walk past it) and I reckon you'd get away with it.

View attachment 88583
Why wont it fit with the collar? Is it a self aligning bearing like a GRAE bearing that needs to go in at 90 degrees then turn the right way with a seperate locking collar? You will need the locking collar on it eitherway.

Why wont it fit with the collar? Is it a self aligning bearing like a GRAE bearing that needs to go in at 90 degrees then turn the right way with a seperate locking collar? You will need the locking collar on it eitherway.
The roller sits between two heavy flat bars with the bearing on the inside. So the roller can't move either direction. So no need for the collar and locking screws.

I think just ordering a full set of bearings might be the best way.

John Lucas gave me the filter for free as he had it for a digger he used to have. Richie in Pressure hydraulics got the pump €590 .
When you see the date in Roman Numerals and Tiberius for Emperor you can guess the filter was not changed in a while.

Attachments

• 4951D73E-4DCF-43FD-B972-75A59CF7AC0B.jpeg
    4951D73E-4DCF-43FD-B972-75A59CF7AC0B.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 283B31DA-E61F-4E6D-9A0D-46FB8518B99A.jpeg
    283B31DA-E61F-4E6D-9A0D-46FB8518B99A.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 75
  • E1EDCB47-BD94-4715-8918-4ABEFE4D9A55.jpeg
    E1EDCB47-BD94-4715-8918-4ABEFE4D9A55.jpeg
    365.4 KB · Views: 75
What did they just do there, did i see them take a wheel off a lorry do a bit of engineering and put the wheel back on?
Wheel they took off was cracked across the stud holes. The cut the centre out and welded a new one in. They were making the new centres on site.

John Lucas gave me the filter for free as he had it for a digger he used to have. Richie in Pressure hydraulics got the pump €590 .
When you see the date in Roman Numerals and Tiberius for Emperor you can guess the filter was not changed in a while.
Crosland 414 filter?

Was there water in the hydraulic oil or why do you think it cracked?

Was there water in the hydraulic oil or why do you think it cracked?
Because the pump was 42 years old. The first half of the pump is Torque oil . The second half uses the same hydraulic oil as the main pump and runs the power steering. It was the power steering pump that burst . The filter was for the torque oil.
There are five pumps in stock in the UK supplier .

IMG_20210311_191900.jpgMk1 is a few years old now and a bit worse for wear so going a bit heavier this time around and also want to leave room to mount an apv type box but also want to put a harrow with a single row of tines along the back.
Anyone care to give me some inspiration?

Because the pump was 42 years old. The first half of the pump is Torque oil . The second half uses the same hydraulic oil as the main pump and runs the power steering. It was the power steering pump that burst . The filter was for the torque oil.
There are five pumps in stock in the UK supplier .
Might be no harm to check the orbital unit or control valve whichever is fitted if the pump split. There was a MF digger here doing work in the 80s and the hydraulic pump suddenly burst. 2 more new pumps were fitted and both also burst so the chief MF mechanic was summoned for a look. Something had come amiss in the valve chest and when a lever was pulled a certain way it dead ended the oil flow from the pump without affecting the relief valve causing the pump to split each time.

View attachment 88713Mk1 is a few years old now and a bit worse for wear so going a bit heavier this time around and also want to leave room to mount an apv type box but also want to put a harrow with a single row of tines along the back.
Anyone care to give me some inspiration?
Any thoughts on the taafe type leveller? You've obviously gone with the traditional design but I always thought the taafe type that moves soil out and in looked to be a good system.

Back