What are you up to in the workshop?

Bog Man

its a great buzz when it moves!!

How come your taking them out?
The bushings are nearly worn through and the pins are worn as well . There was movement on the ends of the rams and the one on the tilt of the euro hitch had stopped taking grease . No damage done to the loader .

Bog Man

Whats your method
its a great buzz when it moves!!

How come your taking them out?
I use the hydraulic Jack on one end of the pin and a M30 treaded bar screws into the other end of the pin and I pump the Jack and tighten the treaded bar with the windy gun . I could hire a hollow ram pullers like towbars but that would commit me to a timeline for doing the work. The first pin needed heat but the two on the ram came out handy.
Remains of the bushing . If it was left much longer damage would have been done.

Attachments

• C7760219-FDCA-4401-896E-517D34280684.jpeg
    C7760219-FDCA-4401-896E-517D34280684.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 58

Crey80

Have an oil leak on 8340 after supposed genius who rebuilt the box. Anyone have any idea the problem as is as hes not standing over his work.
Is it leaking from behind the plate? Hard to tell in the photo, there are 4or 5 o-rings behind the plate for each pipe going to the distributor. It is possible one of these got misaligned during assembly

Emg12

Is it leaking from behind the plate? Hard to tell in the photo, there are 4or 5 o-rings behind the plate for each pipe going to the distributor. It is possible one of these got misaligned during assembly
Was assuming it was one of them. Just want know if anything else could be leaking around here. Was going order a complete seal and gasket set for this in morning. Oil seems to be leaking out around pins.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-232850_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-232850_Gallery.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 31

Crey80

There is Nothing else behind the plate only the big gasket that goes around it that could leak. If it was that it would be leak constant not just when it's running.

Edit; sorry only read about the pins there, I don't know myself what is behind the pins never took that bit apart.

Emg12

There is Nothing else behind the plate only the big gasket that goes around it that could leak. If it was that it would be leak constant not just when it's running.
Its going get one of them anyway as part of the course when im at it. Im sick of splitting it by now.

Emg12

Oil leaks after the lad who built box it drives fine. Supposed to have sealed hydraulic pump as well. But it leaks as well.

AYF

Screenshot_20210506-211938_Gallery.jpg

I knew that big lump of a vice I bought but never got round to fitting would be useful some day!😂
Twice this week in fact.
Once to press a shaft into a bearing, amd this!
The seam had blown on the top hat, leaving a big gap, ignored it a while then saw @scoffcruddle had a disaster with a top hat filling with crud, so time for some intervention!

My big G clamp was too small, but some clever thinking saved the day!

Must remember where my good saw is this time!

AYF

Anyone buy bulk bolts online anywhere?

Were always popping to fetch a few bolts for a project or other, so I'm thinking a bulk buy of various length M10 and M12 bolts and a bulk or nylock nuts and washers.

Another thing we go through well is self tapping screws. Any advice on good sheet mettle to wood ones?

Nearest hardware sells ones with a very blunt end to them! Useless things! Lad on the counter suggested we pilot hole with a drill bit!ffs!