What are you up to in the workshop?

Today’s project,sourced a Dromone push back hitch from a Class to replace the original Massey one.

Attachments

• BF72B1E4-BA06-45B1-8766-3888C374C2C0.jpeg
    BF72B1E4-BA06-45B1-8766-3888C374C2C0.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 3C0CDC09-1C76-43D1-8C2C-71C1CD330B94.jpeg
    3C0CDC09-1C76-43D1-8C2C-71C1CD330B94.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 94034058-3D79-47B3-85F4-99D3984D1B6E.jpeg
    94034058-3D79-47B3-85F4-99D3984D1B6E.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 92
  • FF0B6729-42A9-4DB6-BE29-2ED452FB2764.jpeg
    FF0B6729-42A9-4DB6-BE29-2ED452FB2764.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 1E2B9A35-AFB0-4AD0-918E-247738D678EA.jpeg
    1E2B9A35-AFB0-4AD0-918E-247738D678EA.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 93
Just spent the afternoon changing the sump on my GTI. Was leaking a nice bit through a crack. Sadly this is a very common problem with the mk4 platform as they dangled a lovely ali sump just below the subframe.

On the upside it means they're readily available for small money. 70 euro next day in the local factors

No pics, too oily
I have my Passat 14 yrs now, and it's had this alloy sump guard from my previous Passat of 4 years. It's showing signs of its age but I can tell you it's not had an easy 18 years and in those 18years not one sump failure. Best 180 euro I ever spent , some piece of mind to have.
IMG_20210509_205942.jpg

Vet that comes here cracked the sump on his caddy van . Drove on to the mechanic as he was near . Insurance is puttting e7500 in to it to get it back on the road with a reconditioned engine .

Bit of time in the shed today putting this together, will probably stick another pair of bushings and tines in the outside edge so it can pick 2 hay or straw when clearing fields. Few bits of corners to knock off a clip of some sort to keep it folded on road and a lick of paint and it’s ready to roll
1F9BD22D-DFE4-4C54-B7B4-49397D7EB2E4.jpeg3056094A-1231-4475-BE63-8DFB81D5761F.jpeg9E67BF78-AF46-44D9-BC71-826F78CE9034.jpeg2DED735F-8B8C-4776-A780-F0F1ECA38C62.jpegEAD4B6F2-1FA1-4204-9E07-E71868C1F81F.jpeg

The u guard on the case is fairly long and because it was fixed solid it was always awkward as hell to get any shaft onto it, it also made a mess of the cover on the agitator as there was no room for the cover when you lifted it out of the tank. So a bit of re engineering and it’s got some flexibility, it drops down by itself so will always be as closed off as it was when working
Have to do similar on the case CS here like you it wrecked the pto cover on agitator and it can be hard yo get some shafts on. I like the way you done it. Maybe a way of letting it stay up for lifting agitator?

Have to do similar on the case CS here like you it wrecked the pto cover on agitator and it can be hard yo get some shafts on. I like the way you done it. Maybe a way of letting it stay up for lifting agitator?
I think it will hopefully float up on top of the agitators cover, it only needed a slight bit of extra clearance and it would have been fine, instead it burst the bucket back on the cover 😡 the wide angle on the baler was nearly jammed against the cover too when you got it on

Just spent the afternoon changing the sump on my GTI. Was leaking a nice bit through a crack. Sadly this is a very common problem with the mk4 platform as they dangled a lovely ali sump just below the subframe.

On the upside it means they're readily available for small money. 70 euro next day in the local factors

No pics, too oily
Here's 2 I prepared earlier
20210511_131042.jpg20210511_131019.jpg

Bit of time in the shed today putting this together, will probably stick another pair of bushings and tines in the outside edge so it can pick 2 hay or straw when clearing fields. Few bits of corners to knock off a clip of some sort to keep it folded on road and a lick of paint and it’s ready to roll
View attachment 91372View attachment 91373View attachment 91374View attachment 91375View attachment 91376
Could have extended the plates on the pivot and fitted a hyd ram to fold up then you can run a few bales back up the road on the spike without having to get out

Could have extended the plates on the pivot and fitted a hyd ram to fold up then you can run a few bales back up the road on the spike without having to get out
Have thought about it and haven’t ruled it out yet either, was actually in the shed looking at it half an hour ago with the tape 😂 can’t extend back much thanks to the beam between the arms, it’s fairly close as is. Have an old short pull ram of a Howard dung spreader lid and was looking at it the other day but don’t think there’s enough travel in it.

I think it will hopefully float up on top of the agitators cover, it only needed a slight bit of extra clearance and it would have been fine, instead it burst the bucket back on the cover 😡 the wide angle on the baler was nearly jammed against the cover too when you got it on

My new agitator cover is fucked already from it and I find it hard to get in at pto to attach on some implements. So mine will be getting same treatment u done how did u hinge it??

My new agitator cover is fucked already from it and I find it hard to get in at pto to attach on some implements. So mine will be getting same treatment u done how did u hinge it??
I can grab you a few better pics if you want but it will be Friday probably before I’m near it again!, but basically I cut along the side about an inch down from the top with the plasma, but stopped 2” from the back then cut up until I hit the corner/fold and finished on out to the back. I drilled a hole about a half inch in from the 2 cut edges where it steps up, and rounded that corner off smooth.
Then I welded 2 small off cuts of half inch steel to the bottom of the top plate inline with the holes, stuck a bolt in through each hole and welded them to the half inch plates.
Then added the 2small bits of plate on the inside on the front edge so that the top cover sits down onto them

I can grab you a few better pics if you want but it will be Friday probably before I’m near it again!, but basically I cut along the side about an inch down from the top with the plasma, but stopped 2” from the back then cut up until I hit the corner/fold and finished on out to the back. I drilled a hole about a half inch in from the 2 cut edges where it steps up, and rounded that corner off smooth.
Then I welded 2 small off cuts of half inch steel to the bottom of the top plate inline with the holes, stuck a bolt in through each hole and welded them to the half inch plates.
Then added the 2small bits of plate on the inside on the front edge so that the top cover sits down onto them

Thanks for that :-)

Every day brings a challenge. Have a jcb 410 with transmission trouble that will be going tomorrow hopefully thanks to a few bits from John conaghty and bob white. Spent most of the day today trying to sort a Lincoln greaser on the Volvo loader. Yesterday went getting the neighbors John Deere 6950 silage harvester to start.(solenoid in the injector pump). Tomorrow will be spent making a new chassis for a 15 foot trailer that got overloaded and bent. Last on the list is converting my 10ft geith silage fork into a 14ft folding. All this while staring down the barrel of a silage season around the corner.

Couldn't buy new hitch to suit the Case cs94 dromone or hand engineering don’t make them. Got a lad in meath to refurb my one and he has it better than it left the factory. He made bigger pins and put greaseable bushings too there were none on it originally. It’s serious tidy job now and was 1/4 the price of a new one if I could have got one. One thing i would like to make it even better is a new hook but unsure of brand to get one its only slight wear on it. Not enough for concern but would be nice to have now that hitch is fully done

Back