Wildlife on the farm.

I downloaded this bird identification app through sound. I would be terrible at identifying birds,not sure how accurate it is but from others posting online there doesn't seem to be to many complaints, might be of interest to some here.
It's brilliant. Would have a couple of question marks over id's but seems to be mostly very accurate. A brilliant tool to have and a great way to spend a few minutes every now and then getting to know what's in our own area

One of two owl box's we got yesterday. Fingers crossed next Jan there might be some in it

Attachments

• 16839973472161731071685636330801.jpg
    16839973472161731071685636330801.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Paw
Do you mind me asking where you got them? Have two to get for acres and haven't gone looking yet where to source them
I don't, but your asking the wrong person. Herself organised it and she's away so can't get the answer to your question. I know the guy who made the box and all but not sure of the crowd he's involved with

I don't, but your asking the wrong person. Herself organised it and she's away so can't get the answer to your question. I know the guy who made the box and all but not sure of the crowd he's involved with
No bother. It's not a pressing concern, must have a bit of a look around

These videos were sent to me from a local man from owl watch Ireland. The owl box is in a ruin in the end of my yard, the mother and father are now carrying food into the chicks but the mother was on the nest until the start of this week. View attachment 127638
when i read that first i was going to say tell your mother and father to stop feeding them or they will frighten off the owls :no:

These videos were sent to me from a local man from owl watch Ireland. The owl box is in a ruin in the end of my yard, the mother and father are now carrying food into the chicks but the mother was on the nest until the start of this week. View attachment 127638

The national parks and wildlife service visited here and were supposed to come back and arrange get boxes erected

didn't see or hear from them since

This young lad made and erected the box himself ,and would not take any thing for it .He did tell me he is delighted with the fact local merchants sell owl boxes now saves him a lot of hassle .Happy days .

Theres dozens of buzzards round here
Quite a few red kites
A sparrowhawk live about the yard here somewhere
And about 6 weeks ago seen a peregrin flying over the house

Back