Wildlife on the farm.

Class, I've never seen a woodpecker in the flesh.

before I opened the video, looking at the black bird in the tree I was wondering was it going to be a crow execution video :2guns:

before I opened the video, looking at the black bird in the tree I was wondering was it going to be a crow execution video :2guns:
I remember seeing them as a child and started seeing them again two summers ago .

He Lucky he in the tree,he been having a good go at the soffits on the ol mans house just by there!20230105_123740.jpg

Video isnt the best on zoom and with the sun coming up behind him

Out looking over the cattle this morning and a pair of geese flew overhead, stayed circling the greater area for maybe 10 minutes, in all my time I have never seen geese about here

I
Out looking over the cattle this morning and a pair of geese flew overhead, stayed circling the greater area for maybe 10 minutes, in all my time I have never seen geese about here
I would see them the odd time around here. You’ll never get anywhere near them, they are very wary of people.

They actually look a lot more threatening than they actually are? Well ours used to anyways.
I'd agree, normally they are find. What tends to happen with these geese is that they are so used to being fed, they would go after a small child with food in their hand.

I downloaded this bird identification app through sound. I would be terrible at identifying birds,not sure how accurate it is but from others posting online there doesn't seem to be to many complaints, might be of interest to some here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-13-09-03-41-252_com.labs.merlinbirdid.app.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-13-09-03-41-252_com.labs.merlinbirdid.app.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230513_090333.jpg
    IMG_20230513_090333.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 18
Pulled into the market in Cahir last week and I said to myself, there is a man selling geese here

usually operate on their own around here, never seen 3 together
You couldn't be blamed for thinking that, lots of them at the market, they know where their bread is buttered...

Back