xerion for sowing

tm 150

I run a xerion 3300 only mow with her at min and pump a bit of slurry with her when stuck. Seen a lemken 6 metre folding drill on bocassion,s website came off a xerion anybody seen this outfit working or what would it be like? Sow about 1500 acres wit 2 3 metres at min. 5-10 acre fields very common!

I run a xerion 3300 only mow with her at min and pump a bit of slurry with her when stuck. Seen a lemken 6 metre folding drill on bocassion,s website came off a xerion anybody seen this outfit working or what would it be like? Sow about 1500 acres wit 2 3 metres at min. 5-10 acre fields very common!

Not seen the Lemken in action but know a chap who converted a 6m Amazone to go on a Xerion 3300 with a press on the front. Dealing with some serious hills too on min-till and ploughed ground.

There's a great vid on you tube of one working il get a link when I'm on the laptop later.

what about this set up:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCv5HnUvLF8"]Claas Xerion en Axion en Lemken Trekkerweb - YouTube[/ame]

or
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8Jz_UGihM"]Xerion final - YouTube[/ame]

:thumbup:

or think its moving here
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKouagRqlA"]semis de maïs 2009 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

take it yours and contract work, as its up in size 6m will it fit with all your customers tramlining ie you hav no one whos on 21m or something wired..
seems like a lot of HP to be sat not earning its keep

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3iMJRAnZ4w"]Claas Xérion Saddle Trac & Lemken Solitair 10 - Seeding 2k11 - YouTube[/ame]

This looks good combination not too sluggish.
Didn't profi do a feature in a mag last year or year before mere it was very good.

Bossman looked at it for his Xerion3300 but the price of the Lemken drill/PH put him off and they were badly worried about the laden weight of the full outfit on the ground around here.

Bossman looked at it for his Xerion3300 but the price of the Lemken drill/PH put him off and they were badly worried about the laden weight of the full outfit on the ground around here.

he should get a nice 7 fur semi mounted plough then :thumbup:

he should get a nice 7 fur semi mounted plough then :thumbup:

James it probably wouldn't have the power to pull a 7 furrow plough going by the poor display it put on trying to pull Clive wiers topdown cultivator.

James it probably wouldn't have the power to pull a 7 furrow plough going by the poor display it put on trying to pull Clive wiers topdown cultivator.

Ha ha ha this made me laugh, wonder what big talk will put that down to lol

Surely not, i used to pull 7 furr semi mounted with a 6820 :thumbup::thumbup:

When I get a chance I will see what issue of profi the cost management article was in with Amazone/Claas combi. It worked very well from what I saw and they had a Lynx front press with a couple of rows of cultivator tines on it.

price i can understand but with seed tank in miiddle not sitting on top of harrow surely the weight distribution would help with compaction esp with the xerion on 710's:confused:

Great gripping machine we all ways go for her when we,ve something stuck never seen her beat. Always thought she be a well balanced machine for drill. And we keep 1 3 metre drill with 900,s on her when ready wet

Great gripping machine we all ways go for her when we,ve something stuck never seen her beat. Always thought she be a well balanced machine for drill. And we keep 1 3 metre drill with 900,s on her when ready wet
did you buy her new or secondhand.
what age is she, and how has she behaved?
if ya dont mind me askin.
always thought they looked cool, never drove one, but some day...

Done well no bother in 1000hrs we,ve had her bought 2nd hand done 2 years mowing with us she can put down grass sit with any big m!

[
QUOTE=WJM;168403]James it probably wouldn't have the power to pull a 7 furrow plough going by the poor display it put on trying to pull Clive wiers topdown cultivator.[/QUOTE]

What is usually pulling the topdown?
Ah yes a Case Quad trac, hardly a
fair comparison!!!

Would guess it would pull it better than a BigM or the T7050?:lol:
Its just completed its 6th year mowing grass and has had VERY little money spent on it and will go ANOTHER six years, just slightly better value than a MKII BigM!!!:blushing:

Did it not make a joke of the tractor pulling sleigh@ Mullahead?!!!

Last edited:
price i can understand but with seed tank in miiddle not sitting on top of harrow surely the weight distribution would help with compaction esp with the xerion on 710's:confused:

You reckon the drill is good value@ approx 60k?!!!

What would the total weight be when that hopper is full of grain?!!

Last edited:
What is usually pulling the topdown?
Ah yes a Case Quad trac, hardly a fair comparison!!!

Comparison? nah, just the benchmark!

Xerion isn't a draft tool, its a systems tractor, suited quite well to drilling as its relatively low weight for the HP.

Theres a xerion/lemken outfit near us, it goes well and makes a cracking job, with the tank on the platform the weight seems better distributed than having it all on the rear linkage.

Can a 6 metre drill work with 15 metre tramlines?

In theory yes it could if you had 4 shut offs on each half of the drill but in practice it would be a complete bollix to keep track of your tram lines, plus you'd need 12 shut off in total to allow for the even trams. What part of the world are you from and if your who I think you are you'd probably be better sticking to a 3m drill as this set up is going to be far to heavy!

Back