What are you up to in the workshop?

I done a job for someone who wanted to fence in a few small children, I used 3 ft sheep wire and wooden posts it's only for a few years til they get sence, wouldn't be making a permanent job out of it, anyway when the children got bigger I got paid to take it down again and also I kept the posts and sheep wire. :Thumbp2:

View attachment 65933 Is there any crowd in ireland doing a supply only of steel for railings? Garden railing would do d job im only after a small amount to fence in a child. My only other idea was to make a fence with box and weld mesh. Im planning on setting it in concrete so post and rail is a non runner
Google bough me up a few nice looking ready made fence pannels
Like this
https://firstfence.co.uk/railings

I done a job for someone who wanted to fence in a few small children, I used 3 ft sheep wire and wooden posts it's only for a few years til they get sence, wouldn't be making a permanent job out of it, anyway when the children got bigger I got paid to take it down again and also I kept the posts and sheep wire. :Thumbp2:

I would do that only its outside d door of d house and id get shot. Its hard to get railings that arent an arm and a leg. Has any1 here made up there own railings before?

I would do that only its outside d door of d house and id get shot. Its hard to get railings that arent an arm and a leg. Has any1 here made up there own railings before?

Depending on what size the area you want to fence off is how about a few sheets of galvanised mesh and uprights made of 40 x 40 box (painted silver)?

Depending on what size the area you want to fence off is how about a few sheets of galvanised mesh and uprights made of 40 x 40 box (painted silver)?
Theres about 40 foot altogether to fence in. Whats that galvanised mesh like to weld to box would i need to grind off d galv?

View attachment 65936 View attachment 65935 Put this together today in about ten minutes. Maybe I am loosing my grip but I find some spray cans hard to open lately, especially Syngenta and Barclays ones. I don’t why I didn’t make something like this years ago it makes the job so easy.

Have had to resort to using the chain we use for changing the filters on the tractors a few times. Once open, you then realise that you have another battle on your hands with the foil!!!

Theres about 40 foot altogether to fence in. Whats that galvanised mesh like to weld to box would i need to grind off d galv?

I wouldn't weld the mesh to the box, use tek screws and take off the original washers, replace with panel washers bent over the mesh when screwed in. This will hold the ends of 2 mesh sheets at the centre of each post. If you think the mesh is a bit wobbly put a length of 50 x 25 rhs between each post on the outside. 40' would require 5 8' x 4' sheets, surely 4' would be high enough?

I wouldn't weld the mesh to the box, use tek screws and take off the original washers, replace with panel washers bent over the mesh when screwed in. This will hold the ends of 2 mesh sheets at the centre of each post. If you think the mesh is a bit wobbly put a length of 50 x 25 rhs between each post on the outside. 40' would require 5 8' x 4' sheets, surely 4' would be high enough?

That sounds a handy enough job to do. 4 foot would be plenty high i hope

Glad all Grandfathers are a pain in the backside giving daft advice!
I think it's a payback thing.

Definitely. I walked in d house 1 day and he was teaching my 3 yr old nephew with a lisp how to say rats piss because it sounds funny and also to say icky ocky horses cocky

Reactions: AYF
What I enjoy about farming. One minuite your handling sheep. The next setting a direct drill. Next your an engineer!
Was putting the silage trailer togeather and noticed one of the door lifters was cracked badly following an incident last year. Rust from the winter storing (under the hedge) hadn't helped much! A swift slap from a sledge got it fairly straight and a bit of plating later.... shee'l do another year or two!!

Screenshot_20190601-200728_Gallery.jpg

I picked up an old Karcher HDS and it mostly works fine but... only reaches about 50 bar when the nozzle is pulled. When released it immediately jumps to 150 and cuts out as normal and when I pull trigger again there is a powerful blast for a split second until pressure drops again. Adjusting unloader has no effect. Took unloader valve out and cleaned etc but cant see anything wrong with it. I've checked all valves and seals and all seem to be working fine. For those that know is it reasonable to assume since it builds pressure instantly when nozzle released the issue is most likely the unloader? On the diagram there is a sleeve and a spindle would I need to replace both - spindle is not cooperating in coming out! Spindle about €60 and the sleeve about €30.

View attachment 62695
Just to close this out sent it to a repair crew that do washers but wanted 250 to replace valves and seals and see then if it would work... anyway took it back set of valves and seals off eBay €100 including postage and thankfully putting up 110 bar.
Heat is great to clean tractor and sprayer.

Back