A few Ford pics

Depends, but there was 23 tons of oats on her and I have had
24 ton of barley before. Don't usually load her to the neck, as soon as she is relatively full off of the combine, we head off with it. Ashamed to say it, but had 31 ton of stone on her on a trial run:blushing:

Feck a fair load of stones

3 good days would see both of us done I reckon. More of a spread on crops this year with both of us having different varieties and OSR and SW in the mix also.

Large drop in acreage too.

And people say it hard to get a straight answer from a cork man !

I'm suprised some of the eagled eyed forum users did not notice the 2 hoses going into the tipping ram yet. Not on the ball this weather Nash:laugh:

I'm suprised some of the eagled eyed forum users did not notice the 2 hoses going into the tipping ram yet. Not on the ball this weather Nash:laugh:

I'm tired tonight and eagle eyed after being in one of your haunts today.

Might see you tomorrow ;)

Neither are great options to be honest, but if there is good drying it's not too bad. Headlands are usually worst, could leave them til last.

Washing out the remains of the washings after applying round-up. 2 close ups of the Hypro Guardian air Twin air nozzles we got this year. Excellent coverage:thumbup1:

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 003 (Large).jpg
    003 (Large).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 112
  • 010 (Large).jpg
    010 (Large).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 008 (Large).jpg
    008 (Large).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 103
  • 009 (Large).jpg
    009 (Large).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 93
Washing out the remains of the washings after applying round-up. 2 close ups of the Hypro Guardian air Twin air nozzles we got this year. Excellent coverage:thumbup1:

The before new loader shots :laugh:

How is the effectiveness of the Roundup with that much chopped straw?

Also are you just doing the headlands or the lot??

The before new loader shots :laugh:

How is the effectiveness of the Roundup with that much chopped straw?

Also are you just doing the headlands or the lot??

Did not spray off that Field Nash, just the ones destined for winter crops. They have been baled so no probs.:thumbup1:
Will not spray off these fields til later in the year, cant risk being caught without the fabled green cover:thumbdown:

Did not spray off that Field Nash, just the ones destined for winter crops. They have been baled so no probs.:thumbup1:
Will not spray off these fields til later in the year, cant risk being caught without the fabled green cover:thumbdown:

Similar to what we are doing then.

You could rip after the stubble has turned but that is only okay for headlands - not the whole field :001_cool:

Similar to what we are doing then.

You could rip after the stubble has turned but that is only okay for headlands - not the whole field :001_cool:

Thats what we normally do, but have to spray full fields this year so will spray later to save the bother.

Great spray on them jets alright skimmer, wouldnt miss much with them.
We also have our winter ground sprayed off. When will you have the plough out? I hear next week is to be a scorcher!

Great spray on them jets alright skimmer, wouldnt miss much with them.
We also have our winter ground sprayed off. When will you have the plough out? I hear next week is to be a scorcher!
I sprayed off the fields on thursday, and I reckon it would need 5 days to work, so might be out wednesday if the weather is right. Have to pull up some well compacted tramlines from the winter oats first, although that should not take long.

I sprayed off the fields on thursday, and I reckon it would need 5 days to work, so might be out wednesday if the weather is right. Have to pull up some well compacted tramlines from the winter oats first, although that should not take long.

Ours is sprayed off 10 days at this stage i think. Probably will have the plough out before the end of the week i'd imagine.

Ours is sprayed off 10 days at this stage i think. Probably will have the plough out before the end of the week i'd imagine.

It must be well burned off by this stage so. I should have had it done earlier, but I was down in cork for that week. Oh well, at least we got the loader out of it I suppose.:001_smile:
Out looking at the fields that were sprayed, the volunteer plants are fair burned already, and even the grass and weeds are turning:thumbup1:

It must be well burned off by this stage so. I should have had it done earlier, but I was down in cork for that week. Oh well, at least we got the loader out of it I suppose.:001_smile:
Out looking at the fields that were sprayed, the volunteer plants are fair burned already, and even the grass and weeds are turning:thumbup1:

With the mild weather this week I would not be too concerned about leaving it a full week. They say 24 hours is plenty.

We had margins :001_rolleyes: to plough out this year and I am pretty sure Dad only sprayed them 4 days before I started ploughing them back in late February. It made no difference anyway to the crop and certainly now they are no worse than the rest of the headlands.

By the way, I bet it will be an emotional farewell so to the Tanco 968 :lol:;)

Hard to know whether to get that re-furbed too, as they both came here together brand new in 1977 with a dung fork, earth bucket and grain bucket. She rarely is seen without it to be honest

Back