Basic payment delay

• Thread starter John kverneland
  • Start date
Still waiting. After alot of chasing on everybodys side got a call today. You see we formed a company in the 21st of December but only started trading on the 1st of April. The dept somehow decided to go online and check the fact we were a company saw the date and back to dated everything to Dec. Now we have to go prove we were a partnership up untill April and only started trading after that. Such a mess.

Still waiting. After alot of chasing on everybodys side got a call today. You see we formed a company in the 21st of December but only started trading on the 1st of April. The dept somehow decided to go online and check the fact we were a company saw the date and back to dated everything to Dec. Now we have to go prove we were a partnership up untill April and only started trading after that. Such a mess.
Speaking from experience, any change of business structure inevitably leads to a delay in payment. Intrigued by your switch from partnership to a company, it's usually the other way around, but that's your own business.

Partnership is holding up things here too. Has caused delays and holdups with stuff all year. Meant to collect my KT cheque tomorrow night but have this sinking feeling that the partnership will somehow scupper that.

Partnership is holding up things here too. Has caused delays and holdups with stuff all year. Meant to collect my KT cheque tomorrow night but have this sinking feeling that the partnership will somehow scupper that.
Went in to partnership here as well .got the BPS money ok (only set up in april) KT money held up tho and it's the same for every partnership afaik

Partnerships and company formation experience is something that would make a great thread I think. Something we need to look into here at some point too

Speaking from experience, any change of business structure inevitably leads to a delay in payment. Intrigued by your switch from partnership to a company, it's usually the other way around, but that's your own business.
Ya I agree with you. We formed a partnership 2 years ago between me and Dad. Went to company this year mainly due to tax reasons. Tax was crippling us at this time of year and leaving us with notting to spend around the farm. At least when the single farm payment eventually hopefully comes in it will be ours and not the tax man's. It will be interesting to see how long it will take the government to realize all these farm companies been formed for 1 reason paying to much on tax

Agreed. Huge number of (predominantly dairy) companies being formed at the moment. Have gone through both and one is more complex than the other. Perhaps a thread for the members only section??
From experience forming a company has not been easy. Alot of paper work involved but I can already see the benefits regarding having a few pound in the kitty this time of year

Any change from the previous years application is likely to cause a delay.
Payments were delayed here last year and this year.
There were changes, a company was formed and there were entitlements leased, more land was leased too.
It's my view that dept staff have targets to hit, common sense would suggest that to get through applications quickly, the logical thing to do, would be to do the simple straightforward applications first, leaving any complicated ones until later. I may be completely wrong in my view.
My advice for anyone who has had problems this year, is changing to a company or partnership, or is leasing more land/entitlements for next year.
Is to expect a delayed payment next year, a visit to the dept at the ploughing next September would be time well spent.

Still waiting here, I'm sorry now but people saying on here you should budget for entitlements delay needs a wake up call, unless you are in a dairy industry, please remember us tillage guys who don't have a regular income, we are budeting all the year to wait for our payments, which should be on time, please don't patronize us for God's sake, we are relying on this money to pay our bills/loans

Still waiting here, I'm sorry now but people saying on here you should budget for entitlements delay needs a wake up call, unless you are in a dairy industry, please remember us tillage guys who don't have a regular income, we are budeting all the year to wait for our payments, which should be on time, please don't patronize us for God's sake, we are relying on this money to pay our bills/loans

Are you referring to me as being patronising in my post.

i,m a dairy farmer and i like getting my payment as well as there,s tax to be paid and bills to be paid off before the year end, if there,s anything left its easy to find a home for it i find, every year i say that if i,ve anything left i,ll forward buy some fertiliser or other input but i,d say i,ve actually done it about 3 times since i started farming

Are you referring to me as being patronising in my post.

I assume its aimed at me. All I will say is maybe you have been real lucky to be paid your BPS on time up to now. I have found over the last 10yrs that on average my bit of leased BPS doesnt arrive until well after the due date and knowing this I wouldnt schedule payments that you need your BPS until after the 31 of December each year. Im in the beef game with crops so money isnt too plentiful about here either but we have to take past history into account when planning each year. I have leased entitlements that I have paid the owner for in 2014, that I myself have not been paid for yet, 3 bloody years later, along with 2 other amounts due. It nearly easier walk away from these amounts due as the amount of energy,stress and time worrying about sorting them is taking isnt worth it :no:

Last edited:
Not aiming it at anybody please don't take it the wrong way, all I'm saying is we don't have a regular income at all and are relying on entitlements I'm sure other tillage men on here will agree..

Everyone in Michael Lowry country get paid first, some boyo:rolleyes2:

Mick Wallace must have helped for the Wexford ones so.

Very surprised to hear about the Dept saying everything was okay at the ploughing and then three weeks later no sign of it.

Mick Wallace must have helped for the Wexford ones so.

Very surprised to hear about the Dept saying everything was okay at the ploughing and then three weeks later no sign of it.
anything to get people out of the tent, sure who could remember who they met at the ploughing that said everything was okay.

I assume its aimed at me. All I will say is maybe you have been real lucky to be paid your BPS on time up to now. I have found over the last 10yrs that on average my bit of leased BPS doesnt arrive until well after the due date and knowing this I wouldnt schedule payments that you need your BPS until after the 31 of December each year. Im in the beef game with crops so money isnt too plentiful about here either but we have to take past history into account when planning each year. I have leased entitlements that I have paid the owner for in 2014, that I myself have not been paid for yet, 3 bloody years later, along with 2 other amounts due. It nearly easier walk away from these amounts due as the amount of energy,stress and time worrying about sorting them is taking isnt worth it :no:
could you not get someone to sort that mess out for you?

could you not get someone to sort that mess out for you?
tried and failed after a good shot of money later:no:, put a new kid on the job, I suppose the Dept are happy to let things drag on and people just giving up. I have had stuff happen, if I put up on here, people wouldnt believable. Its very easy see how Maurice McCabe type incidents occur:sad:

Back