Bog Mans Pictures

How did the spring wheat do? Hoping to cut mine this week...... can’t say I’m looking forward to it, grain looks to be poorly filled but combine will tell all.
Not great except in a very wet corner where winter wheat was eaten by slugs . I have only cut bits that were resowed winter wheat in a big field , I also cut a bit in the front field which is extremely variable and moisture was from 16% to 26% so got the red card to the sideline . I was looking in on a 7 acre bit that we reclaimed back in the 1980,s and in 1984 we pulled 20tonne of beet to the acre in September and the wheat looks good in it .

Will the Horsch drill handle that much thrash or is the hope that it will be well rotted in two weeks or so ready for drilling?

Why didn't you try the TW on the harrow :scared::lol:

Will the Horsch drill handle that much thrash or is the hope that it will be well rotted in two weeks or so ready for drilling?

Why didn't you try the TW on the harrow :scared::lol:
It is well rotted but I am not gone on sowing Barley into that volume of material .

The cover crop in this field was fairly wild. Volunteer spring Barley spring rape and 7 way magic. . Lucky it was not beside the road . No harm to give the Fendt a bit of a workout.
View attachment 63464 View attachment 63465 View attachment 63466 View attachment 63467 View attachment 63468

It is well rotted but I am not gone on sowing Barley into that volume of material .

Would you have any fears of disease in the following crop from that amount of species/debris ?

Back