cyclist's a dangerous problem

Only about an hour ago I came across 2 people walking on the road by the house, stupid ( insert whatever description you please :censored:), one walks on one side of the road and the other on the opposite side. Even if they were both on the same side and in single file a car would almost have to stop so imagine the situation with one either side :curse:

Going through our local village yesterday evening with the Jeep and came across two women. One with a buggy. One was walking on the footpath & guess who was on the road walking alongside - the one with the buggy & to be fair she ain't small :lol: :rolleyes2: This was also by a bend which has cars parked on the opposite side so no view whatsoever of oncoming vehicles.

No cop on whatsoever & just can't understand why she couldn't have used the footpath even if one had to walk in front of the other. The same crowd are often walking along the roads outside the village and take up half the road in the process. They'd nearly want beacons and signage fitted to warn motorists :whistle:

:lol:

distant cousin of mine did something similar a few year ago.
now he's a strong lad and built like the old out house..

head down ass up pushing on going to work and a car stopped infront of him:scared:
he went through the back window and ended up on the rear set next to the kid:blink:
was in a bad way for a bit:eek3: wrote the car off:scared::scared:

I met a friend of mine a few years back in the pub after he cycled the ring me Kerry that day for the first time,not only that he had no training done just did it for a fella that couldn't do it that day! Hadn't been on a bike since he was a Kid! He was a broken man that night and for a good few days afterwards

Delivering a load of corn this evening I had two Chris froome up behind me they where so close to the tail board that they could not see the brake lights I kept pressing to see would they back off had to slow down to let them pass and pass them out again the

I wouldn't be a fan of taxi drivers in Dublin as they can be quite ignorant but on this occasion I have to back the taxi man 100%
https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-collides-with-a-taxi-in-dublin-36424406.html

The cyclist should be prosecuted the same way a motorist would be if they were involved in a collision after breaking a red light.
That dozy bast*rd on the bike should be hauled off in a Paddy wagon and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If it was a car had done that and knocked the cyclist down they'd be in serious trouble. This video should be shoved up Shane Ross's arse and then up his nose for good measure.

This new rule regarding the distance you need to allow cyclists, just wondering what’s the story in traffic where they scoot down between cars, will they be fined or every car driver for not creating an opening like you would for an emergency vehicle :scratchhead:

Travelling this week in Netherlands and the difference between cycling here and at home is here it's a form of transport at home for most it's a sport or exercise. We've a long way to go. These 2 pictures are outside the same train station and it was repeated everywhere. Kids go to school on bicycles also wet or dry and not with parents cycling beside them. I don't know how we get back to this level of independence.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 67
Travelling this week in Netherlands and the difference between cycling here and at home is here it's a form of transport at home for most it's a sport or exercise. We've a long way to go. These 2 pictures are outside the same train station and it was repeated everywhere. Kids go to school on bicycles also wet or dry and not with parents cycling beside them. I don't know how we get back to this level of independence.

The whole infrastructure there is built different to be fair.
Dedicated lanes completely separate from the roads for instance.
An extra white line down a busy road is what's done here!

A dopey MAMIL on the way over to Kilkenny, I passed him and he immediately he swung out of the cycle lane and started using the sprayer as a pace setter, cycling a yard behind me, so I slowed down and pulled in, he carries on in the cycle lane. I set out again and pass him again, the stupid f7#;3r does the same again and again I have to pull. The stupid b@£5@4d repeats this 4 or 5 times. I ended up having to pass him at speed going up the next hill

A dopey MAMIL on the way over to Kilkenny, I passed him and he immediately he swung out of the cycle lane and started using the sprayer as a pace setter, cycling a yard behind me, so I slowed down and pulled in, he carries on in the cycle lane. I set out again and pass him again, the stupid f7#;3r does the same again and again I have to pull. The stupid b@£5@4d repeats this 4 or 5 times. I ended up having to pass him at speed going up the next hill
Not ideal but I give a little touch of the brakes , usually sorts the problem. !!!!

Back