Daily weather forecast update

Absolutely soul destroying here at the moment. I had to let my frustration out on a barrel in the shed tonight.. it wasn't full.

I understand what your saying. Went out Monday evening with the wet gear on to bring cattle in from the fields fed them out some silage and went back in home about 8. Walked the fields this morning and although it had stopped raining the wind that was blowing was wicked. The fields were full of crows and I was just guessing that the earthworms had come to the surface because of the soil saturation.

New met.ie website is great a big improvement very easy to use!

It’s also giving dry weather for next 5 days bar a weak band of rain sat night.
I've just had a look at the new site, clicked the rainfall radar and got nothing ffs,other than the fact they are giving a few dry days there is not much sign of drying conditions with cloud persisting and more rain late Saturday and next Tuesday, I don't know what they were looking at to be giving a blast of sunshine for the next few days 48 hours ago.

I've just had a look at the new site, clicked the rainfall radar and got nothing ffs,other than the fact they are giving a few dry days there is not much sign of drying conditions with cloud persisting and more rain late Saturday and next Tuesday, I don't know what they were looking at to be giving a blast of sunshine for the next few days 48 hours ago.

It's varyi g between a slight mist , an odd shower and just deadly dull here , and a breeze that would have you pulli g the woolly hat over the ears.

Not what we were led to believe anyway.

Roches point will have to receive 80% of it monthly rainfall for every remaining month of the year for it to hit its 30 year mean of 976mm.

What are you saying, we haven't had enough rain so far this year yet...!!

Yep, obviously we're only 3.5 months in.

While the rainfall will not exactly hit the average figure every year, it doesn't vary that much.
Therefore, if every remaining month (of the 8.5 months) can only get 80% of its average rainfall in order to hit the annual average, the odds of getting some very dry months is very very high.

Drove from home to Mountmellick and back today, the further north the better the day was, fantastic drying up the country very little at home. We chatted about selling up and moving but said we'd give it a month and see how things shaped up.
The temperate climate in cork would be missed if u went to the cool Midlands

Severe overheating here today, even had to ditch the overalls this afternoon!!:sweat:

Ground is in such a mess though.:tdown:

Hi all,

Thought this might be handy. Chart showing pressure but more importantly cloud and rainfall forecast for Saturday afternoon.
Shows rain just nudging into the far west of Ireland, but also the area of thunderstorms/showers focussed on English Midlands, Wales and NW England.

Note much uncertainty on the exact location of the storms, but local and torrential downpours are possible.

Hope this helps,
Simon
gfsop025ukdiagnostics42.png

Back