Few pictures of stuff

Few I took earlier
View attachment 64372
The brother is well pleased and the dog
View attachment 64373
View attachment 64374
Fresh off the yard scraper. 45 years pulling Mf30drills for us now.
View attachment 64375
Soil is as good as I've seen it in a long time.
View attachment 64376

Ground looks in exceptional order.

The next day you are in with Gary , why don't you break out , and buy an exhaust for the faithful old girl , ? It makes me wince , every time I see that downpipe. How did the QTP power steering go for you ?

It must have only been a boy flu that the lad had ... A remarkable recovery.

Ground looks in exceptional order.

The next day you are in with Gary , why don't you break out , and buy an exhaust for the faithful old girl , ? It makes me wince , every time I see that downpipe. How did the QTP power steering go for you ?

It must have only been a boy flu that the lad had ... A remarkable recovery.
I have a nearly new genuine exhaust for the old girl but I'm sparing it until I eventually get around to doing her up. I'm after getting a mighty length out of that bit of downpipe :laugh:. Qtp power steering is great it has to be said. Should have been put on it years ago.
It's a dose thats on the go round here lately. Herself has it as well and one of the 3 suffering brothers down the road had it last week. Flu like but only lasts a few days.

Ain't that a picture of beauty :wub:
View attachment 64581
Both machines from the 90's and both from across the pond.

I had to get a few bags of Calf meal today , and being the last minute +1 , I got to the local Glanbia at 12 .50 said I'd get the bags in the store before going into the shop for paperwork ,
And what did I see parked in the yard on my way in , only that rig . I copped who it's famous owner was. Said I'd get a photo after I loaded. Sneaky fecker legged it while I was in the shed :undecided:.
I have to say it look mighty impressive . Very clean . Loooonnngg bonnet . Very nice rubber.
Are you sure it had enough hp for the sprayer ?

I had to get a few bags of Calf meal today , and being the last minute +1 , I got to the local Glanbia at 12 .50 said I'd get the bags in the store before going into the shop for paperwork ,
And what did I see parked in the yard on my way in , only that rig . I copped who it's famous owner was. Said I'd get a photo after I loaded. Sneaky fecker legged it while I was in the shed :undecided:.
I have to say it look mighty impressive . Very clean . Loooonnngg bonnet . Very nice rubber.
Are you sure it had enough hp for the sprayer ?
I would say I had enough hp alright jf :laugh:. I reckon that MF would give it's much younger and much more expensive cousin (the Valtra) a very real run for it's money in the power department.

They are the row crops on it :tt2:. It fits down the tramlines just nice tbh at this time of year and the blizzard will be used later on when there's no sticky bits to possibly get caught in.

I was going to ask if the Blizzard has been retired!!

Not retired Nash, just taking a slightly less active roll in the day to day goings on. Hard to believe it was our biggest tractor at one time and considered to be to big and awkward for much other then silage time. 23 years later she's to small for most of the work now :unsure:. The 168 was our biggest tractor once upon a time and was actually the biggest tractor around these parts enough so that the neighbours apparently were coming in to look at this big tractor. It would make one wonder at times, just how fast are we running now to creep foward?.

Is it a Finnish chain ? You would want a decent chain for that hardship. Swedish steel maybe , not Chinese.
Ex marine chain we have for that kind of delving jf. Came off a trawler I think. It's taken some serious abuse over the years pulling all sorts of yokes out of bog holes.

Back