Few pictures of stuff

I got a call at dinner time from my aunt who lives here to come quick
View attachment 68499
No idea how it started but it is beside a public road and we think a careless cigarette butt. Roughly an hour and 90 odd bales of straw and about 8 ish acres gone up in smoke. Not how i saw my day going when i got up this morning
Not nice but I suppose it could have been worse if the crop was uncut.

Not nice dp, a horrible thing see:no: keep an eye on it for the next few days, similar happened (fag but in a gate way) near here last year in a grass field it was so dry in the drought it took off across the field, scary part was it reignited itself a few days later in the middle of a bit of dung that had been well soaked, was still smouldering away down in it:unsure::unsure:

I got a call at dinner time from my aunt who lives here to come quick
View attachment 68499
No idea how it started but it is beside a public road and we think a careless cigarette butt. Roughly an hour and 90 odd bales of straw and about 8 ish acres gone up in smoke. Not how i saw my day going when i got up this morning
Ah jeez, sorry to hear that. Times are hard enough without losing it to fire. Chin up, at least nobody was hurt.

Just pump them harder :laugh:
Back in the days of when we had a MH780 Special combine I remember us digging trenches six inches deep in the field to park the wheels of the bigger trailers into to lower the rim height to allow the unloading auger to fill it. What we dug out we made a ramp for the tyre of the combine to drive up on for more clearance. It's funny what memories pop up when such a topic arises.

Back in the days of when we had a MH780 Special combine I remember us digging trenches six inches deep in the field to park the wheels of the bigger trailers into to lower the rim height to allow the unloading auger to fill it. What we dug out we made a ramp for the tyre of the combine to drive up on for more clearance. It's funny what memories pop up when such a topic arises.

That used to be the story with the older Armer beet harvesters too when filling higher sided trailers.

Business or pleasure J?

Any word on the price of bales there? :lol:
Business mainly J. I'm sure you'll be scandalized with the next picture :eek3:. I don't know how they'll break this down?. It's after a run of the power harrow
20190913_091948.jpg 20190913_091954.jpg
The lumps are rock hard.
A woman was following the claas and I assume it was her fella sitting in the passenger seat. When we stopped into the field for a look she came over asking what we wanted. The second we said we were farmers from Ireland she was all friendship and her English was very good. 20190913_091152_001.jpg

A purchase........?

Straw chopper also I note, you should spray the chopper in luminous yellow to draw your straw customers attention to it :laugh:

Interesting header too, hydraulic reel drive and powerflow table.

Looks extremely well minded:Thumbp2:
Should be here in Nov. The straw chopper is one of the reasons for going for this one. New grain pan, elevator chains 2 new knives and a lot of other parts recently done. Not a spec of rust anywhere on it and we did examine it in minute detail. Hydro trans and a first for me with a combine, an AC cab :smile:. Big open fields and a dry climate mean it has no rust and no dents. It really is a credit to it's original owner. Apparently after we left his yard he phoned up the salesman saying to make sure we weren't going to leave it out to rot when it gets here. I did show him pictures and videos of the 520 working on my phone which got him quiet excited and he got his wife to get videos of the 865 and the MF rotary they also had working together at wheat on her iPad. A very nice very interesting man and it was just a pity none of us have French and neither the farmer nor his wife had English.

I'd also like to say thanks to the member here without who's invaluable translating and knowledge of all things French we wouldn't have gotten any further then looking at the website where that machine was advertised for sale. He also brokered the deal for us and did an excellent job it has to be said and wouldn't hear of charging for his time.
Thanks J and I'll leave it to yourself if you wish to be say it was you :Thumbp2:.

Back