Ford 4600

She looks very well now John indeed especially with the loader sprayed!

You may get a back window next! I'm out rolling grass today with the 3600, too warm one way, frozen the other [emoji22]

You may get a back window next! I'm out rolling grass today with the 3600, too warm one way, frozen the other [emoji22]

There's still a nip about today too with that east wind.

Wouldn't like that blowing in the back of the cab :no:

Doors and side windows would probably be a start, before we worry about the back.

Ah put hairs on your chest lad!

What are the plans next for the 4600 JohnBoy?

Where to start? or more to the point where to stop :confused:

A Toolbox, keep losing pins off the wing driving round the yard
Fit a 4610 hyd filter to get a dipstick.
Electics: Trailer socket, dash wiring, horn, possibly some work lights
Linkage: keep thinking about hook ends, adjustable links need overhauling
Sound insulation: some flashband, underseal and cow mats will majorly reduce the drumming of the tin cab.
Loader: it's not finished quite yet. The lift rams are shot and there's a bunch of holes in the uprights that are in need of drilling out and bushing. and I have a bucket to fix up in the next few weeks.
Ring gear: the biggest outstanding mechanical issue. there's a tooth or two missing. Maybe one start in thirty it'll grind like hell, then catch and be fine again, so I'm assuming it needs doing.
Leaks: diesel leak off pipes are a bit hard and old, brake crosshaft is weeping and I'm sure there's some others round the house. It needs a wash to start narrowing down the remaining problems.

After all that, do a small bit of welding on the doors, rip the cab off and paint.

So sometime around 2020 I should be all done!

Some galv rims would finish it off now :thumbup:

eh no :lol:

Doors and side windows would probably be a start, before we worry about the back.

Where to start? or more to the point where to stop :confused:

A Toolbox, keep losing pins off the wing driving round the yard
Fit a 4610 hyd filter to get a dipstick.
Electics: Trailer socket, dash wiring, horn, possibly some work lights
Linkage: keep thinking about hook ends, adjustable links need overhauling
Sound insulation: some flashband, underseal and cow mats will majorly reduce the drumming of the tin cab.
Loader: it's not finished quite yet. The lift rams are shot and there's a bunch of holes in the uprights that are in need of drilling out and bushing. and I have a bucket to fix up in the next few weeks.
Ring gear: the biggest outstanding mechanical issue. there's a tooth or two missing. Maybe one start in thirty it'll grind like hell, then catch and be fine again, so I'm assuming it needs doing.
Leaks: diesel leak off pipes are a bit hard and old, brake crosshaft is weeping and I'm sure there's some others round the house. It needs a wash to start narrowing down the remaining problems.

After all that, do a small bit of welding on the doors, rip the cab off and paint.

So sometime around 2020 I should be all done!

eh no :lol:

So basically you want a Super Q 4610 :whistle:

It was dripping a fair bit from the brake shaft, but that's a whole new level of leakage..

Thing that's confused me is the color, looked like ATF. All I had time to do was snap a pic though

[MENTION=3007]Tippcon[/MENTION] yeah she'd love that. Really wants a force 3 7610.

So basically you want a Super Q 4610 :whistle:

As a matter of interest did you ever see one? I haven't, that I can think of. Plenty of Q cab 4600s alright.

You will pay well for a nice series 3 SQ 7610. Too many tractors exported , mostly middling yokes. But it made whats left pricey. Saw a nice 2 wd SQ 7610 lately. 11500, and you could shave with the clutch pedal.

As a matter of interest did you ever see one? I haven't, that I can think of. Plenty of Q cab 4600s alright.

You will pay well for a nice series 3 SQ 7610. Too many tractors exported , mostly middling yokes. But it made whats left pricey. Saw a nice 2 wd SQ 7610 lately. 11500, and you could shave with the clutch pedal.

Indeed and I did, I fell in love with one many years ago when I took a trip with the father to look for a replacement for the 3000 we had at home. A certain 2nd hand Ford supplier outside Ferns had one, unfortunately it was well beyond the budget at the time, as was the Q-cabbed 5600 that was my second favourite. We ended up with a 4600 from another dealer in the locality.

Don't think they ever made a SQ 4610. Saw a Q 4610 with an SQ roof on it once somewhere, she likey.

The 5610 would even be pretty rare in SQ, mostly AP cabs on em

Don't think they ever made a SQ 4610. Saw a Q 4610 with an SQ roof on it once somewhere, she likey.

The 5610 would even be pretty rare in SQ, mostly AP cabs on em

:confused:

Saw several of them over the years.

UCD Veterinary college had a farm beside my primary school, the main tractor was a 2wd Super Q 5610. It was a thing of beauty. I dreamed about it for many years.

Indeed and I did, I fell in love with one many years ago when I took a trip with the father to look for a replacement for the 3000 we had at home. A certain 2nd hand Ford supplier outside Ferns had one, unfortunately it was well beyond the budget at the time, as was the Q-cabbed 5600 that was my second favourite. We ended up with a 4600 from another dealer in the locality.

What cab had the 4600 ye bought ? Most stuff from that stable would be very tidy, but pricey. As they say, you don't always get what you pay for, But you usually pay for what you get...

Took another quick look at this today. No more oil has leaked since. It's gearbox oil. Engine oil is black, backend is brownish, pas is full.

So I dipped the gearbox......

First I was making bloody engine oil, now I'm making gearbox oil????

uploadfromtaptalk1437424733533.jpg

WTF like? it can't be engine oil so it must be backend oil getting in there?

Took another quick look at this today. No more oil has leaked since. It's gearbox oil. Engine oil is black, backend is brownish, pas is full.

View attachment 30740

Did you try dipping the diesel tank to see if it was making that as well? Maybe it's a Fendt painted the wrong colour

View attachment 30740

This is puzzling me to be honest. Is there some internal seal leaking somewhere?

I think you may give it a good power wash and leave for a week and see if you can spot then where it's leaking.

I think I know where it came out, I think the gearbox overflowed! there's a stain down the side from where the gearbox top cover attaches.

My bigger concern is where did it get in. The last job the tractor did was spreading fert on a pretty hot day, so lots of driving and the PTO going too. If the back end got hot and a breather was blocked could it have blown an oil seal between axle and box?

pushing oil forward and out a joint that wouldnt normally be subject to pressure?

Tis only a theory, but it's about the only theory I've got right now.

some research is needed methinks.

Back